Author Topic: Will '03 see transition cards?  (Read 4688 times)

Online Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Will '03 see transition cards?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Cory, will do.

Matt, I'm going to get my belt.... be right back. ;) :-X ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2003, 09:51 PM »
Matt! How dare you berate your boss like that!?  :o
Just doin' my job...   ;D

Matt, I'm going to get my belt.... be right back.    
Speaking of which:  Chris, I'm going to have to also ask you to please refrain from threatening other members with physical violence, even if they're just your staff members.  This type of action will not be tolerated here at JD.  Consider this your second warning.  Don't make us have to ban our own Administrator.  Think about how embarrassing that would be for you...  Thank you for your understanding in this matter.   ;D   ;)

Now move along...  Move along...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 12:22 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2003, 09:54 PM »
So...  Does anyone else have any thoughts on the potential transition cards...   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2003, 02:28 PM »
Actually, it seems that we're getting transition cards right now.  The SAGA card has definitely changed for this year, and it seems to me that they'll be very shortlived since we're going to the Clone Wars packaging and new SAGA style packaging that was shown at the media event.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2003, 04:35 PM »
can someone (jedimac) post some pics of the different cards we have coming up? I collect carded, and I'm very scared... WHERE IS MY BLANKIE!!!!
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2003, 06:15 PM »
can someone (jedimac) post some pics of the different cards we have coming up? I collect carded, and I'm very scared... WHERE IS MY BLANKIE!!!!

I'll see what I can do about posting some reference/comparison shots for you, but for now you might want to check out our thread that discusses the recent Hasbro showing, where you can get a peek at the 2 new cards that will be coming up later this year - the Clone Wars card and the all-NEW (third) Saga card.

So yes, technically we've already had one transition in the Saga card, starting with the first figures released in 2003 (Dooku/Padme/Tusken, etc.).  Prior to that we had the other Saga card that ran for a good 8 months, and recently concluded with the Eeth Koth/Teebo/RFT/IO wave.  So the question really, is will some of the figures over the next several months on the 2nd Saga card (Jedi Luke/Vader/Snowtrooper), wind up getting RE-CARDED once more later in the year when we change to the THIRD different Saga card...

Of course anyone who collects carded (and is a completist) is really praying that doesn't occur - otherwise they'll have to get the same figure on two different cards, just like the recent Eeth Koth and Teebo, which are the identical figures released previously on POTJ cards...

Did that make any sense at all?  Or did I just confuse matter further...?  I'll try to throw some pictures in here later.

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2003, 08:53 PM »
it made complete sense. the whole situation disturbes me. that's all i can say about it. I'm disturbed  ::)
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode