Author Topic: Vader's TIE / TIE Bomber Question...  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Vader's TIE / TIE Bomber Question...
« on: February 26, 2005, 06:06 PM »
A quick question for someone with a Vader's TIE and a TIE Bomber handy for comparison:

Are they the same dimensions? Is the Bomber wider? I can't imagine it would be taller or longer, since I remember hearing they have the same wing panels, but how do they compare size-wise?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vader's TIE / TIE Bomber Question...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 02:46 AM »
They're almost identical in width Muftak... 

The wings aren't exactly the same, but the only differences is in how they mount to the ship (Vader's come off, the Bombers are premanent unless you took it apart).  The height/length is identical to the TIE Bomber, width is identical just by eyeballing but a slight discrepency could be there...  If it is, it's so slight you can't see it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Thanks, Jesse. You rock! My Vader's TIE has been packed away since 1998, so I barely remember what the thing looked like. This knowledge will come in very...handy...

;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 02:28 PM »
N/P Muftak...  My TIE's are all in a pile at the moment on a shelf.  Those that can be, dismantled.  I wound up with a mini fleet of bombers with nowhere to put them all till I get some good shelving going.  That, I fear, will be quite some time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77