Author Topic: DVD 3-packs. Ugh.  (Read 18867 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: DVD 3-packs. Ugh.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 03:13 AM »
I already have Durge, AV, and GG, but none of the other three (note that it's the original un-battle-damaged Anakin, which I didn't buy the first time and was hoping for a repack).

So I'll definitely get Set 1 if I can find it.

Now all we need is a set that repacks Yoda and Dooku....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Call me a thankful cynic/pessimist, but I'm just happy that Hasbro didnt' decide to release the ARC Trooper in the three pack as a blue version rather than the red version that's already on individual cards.  Then I would be pissed off.  :)

The OT DVD packs blew out pretty quickly around here as well, which kind of surprised me.  ANH tended to sit for the longest, believe it or not, and (in a total "duh" moment) the ROTJ pack went the fastest.  There were actually quite a few people who bought a three pack of figures at the midnight launch of the DVDs, and they weren't people you'd usually see cruising the action figure aisle either (based on overhearing several of them talk about how cool the Emperor figure looked, which we all know is just crazy talk).

I'm still baffled that Hasbro did not include Yoda in the mass market rerelease of the Clone Wars stuff, three packs or individually carded.  I mean, is Durge even still around in any of the EU stuff?  I find it hard to believe that Durge would sell more toys than Yoda would.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Have these been confirmed to a store yet? I'm assuming Target will get them again.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 11:52 AM »
I'm still baffled that Hasbro did not include Yoda in the mass market rerelease of the Clone Wars stuff, three packs or individually carded.  I mean, is Durge even still around in any of the EU stuff?  I find it hard to believe that Durge would sell more toys than Yoda would.

Yep, Durge is still around, as recently as the comic miniseries Obession which is currently on its 3rd of 5 issues. But I fully agree that they should have rereleased Yoda too.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Hey Question are these things coming out in the US or did we just get em in Australia earlier than you guys?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Hey Question are these things coming out in the US or did we just get em in Australia earlier than you guys?

Sorry Hemish, but could you elaborate a bit?  Are you referring to the EE 4-pks, the Clone War 3-pks, or some sort of ROTS Clone 3-pk?  Or something else?   :)

:P

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 06:02 PM »

Hello i posted this in the wrong thread!!
D'oh
That question was meant for the clone wars dvd 3 packs.
Cause they are out here now and was wondering if they are aussie or gonna be everywhere.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 06:14 PM »
I merged it into our DVD thread here for ya' Hemish!   ;)

I'm very interested in knowing the answer to this question as well, as I intend on getting these, and need to know if they're NOT coming to the U.S. eventually...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 04:44 PM »
I'm very interested in knowing the answer to this question as well, as I intend on getting these, and need to know if they're NOT coming to the U.S. eventually...

Took the words out of my mouth. Or, y'know, off of my keyboard, or whatever....

Anyway, I'm passing on Obi-Wan and the ARC because, as I mentioned a few posts above, I'm waiting for the repack sets so I can get the first Anakin as well. With my luck, we won't know for sure that they're not coming until after the singles have left stores.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 04:46 PM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 09:57 AM »
According to Hasbro, today is the day to hit Wal-Mart to grab these if you want them...

They should be shelved along with the DVD today (or last night if you have a 24HR Wal-Mart  :P).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Stopped at Wal-Mart for a few things before work, and to pick up the Clone Wars DVD, and they did have the 3 packs in the front DVD display dealy.  I didn't pick any up, but they were the same price ($9.96) as the OT DVD figure packs were.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 10:09 AM »
I hit three WalMarts this morning - NONE of them had the DVD three-packs for the Animated Clone Wars figures.  >:(

This is exactly like I figured would happen - the WalMarts are so god-damn gun-shy about putting ANYTHING out that is Star Wars they are holding them back for April 2nd!

Now, how the hell am I going to be at Target and WalMart at the same time?!?!?!

*VERY* angry....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Clone Wars Commemorative DVD Collection.   :'(

Not sure if there available up here in Canada and I'm not going out to check, the roads are very nasty.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Clone Wars Commemorative DVD Collection.   :'(

I'm not holding my breath, since I haven't seen the regularly carded figures up here.  Buy who knows, these are supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive, and the OT ones showed up here...

Not sure if there available up here in Canada and I'm not going out to check, the roads are very nasty.

You aren't kidding.  All of this snowing, then melting, then freezing, then blowing... It's ugly.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 11:30 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2005, 01:03 PM »
Didn't see them at either Wal-Mart I visited today, not that I really care