Author Topic: ROTS Gunship - Where the hell is it?!  (Read 26230 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
ROTS Gunship - Where the hell is it?!
« on: March 2, 2005, 09:39 AM »
EDIT: Changing this to the Gunship thread!  Moved the few ARC-170 posts over to that thread... - Matt  ;)

Another Hasbro update today with the Republic Gunship and ARC-170 Fighter.

Both look good to me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:43 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - Large Vehicle Assortment
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2005, 12:23 PM »
As for the Gunship, I've never bought one in any of it's previous forms, but I may have to finally pick one up.  They never really appealed to me much, but they have started to grow on me.  However, I don't think this new paint app is quite as nice as the original SAGA version (call me a girl, I guess I just like red more  ;)).

ROTS version:

SAGA version:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Yeah the gunship is cool, I found the saga one on sale in Feb 03 and it's a BIG ship!
I definatley want to add the arc-170 ship, I like it.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Has anyone seen the gunship resurface?

I saw them once at retail and now I'm looking to buy one.  It would appear that Hasbro shipped one production run and then called it quits...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Has anyone seen the gunship resurface?

Weird.  I could've sworn we had a Gunship thread floating around somewhere, since I know I've discussed it's glaring absence quite a lot lately, but I guess that was just over in the SoCal finds thread with the local fellas.  Looked around for one in here (as I'm sure you did Travis), and found nada.  Trying to figure out a clever way to split this one up (since we've got an ARC thread), but can't quite do it since Jesse had to go on blabbering about both of these ships in the same damned post!  :P

Anyway, this ship came and went in the blink of an eye!  I saw two at Midnight Madness at a Walmart, and then I came across a few that sat at our local KB for about a week, in May.  Haven't seen a single one since then.  Two sitings, ever.  I kept telling the SoCal guys that I'm sure it would reappear at some point (the ARC was super hard to find that first month too, but then hit pretty abundantly).  But alas, Hasbro has definitely proven me wrong on that one.  No idea why this thing was so freakin' limited.  One of the hardest to find items of the last several years, for sure.

The only place I know of that people were able to acquire this in the past couple months was online, at KBtoys.com.  They had them for about a month or so, I think, but are finally sold out now.  I'd keep an eye on their site Travis, in case anymore eventually show up.  Otherwise, I think you may be **** outta luck on this one, like many others unfortunately are.  I'd like to say that I still think more of these will show up somewhere, at some point, but that'd just be educated speculation on my part.  Last I heard, these were fetching a pretty penny on eBay, so hopefully some more stock is found so collectors who missed out on the Gunship won't have to get raped on the cost of finally acquiring one...

Good luck!  We'll be sure to give everyone a holler in here if more of these finally show up somewhere...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:03 PM by JediMAC »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:02 PM »

Weird. I could've sworn we had a Gunship thread floating around somewhere, since I know I've discussed it's glaring absense a lot lately, but I guess that was just in the SoCal finds thread. Looked around for one in here (as I'm sure you did Travis), and found nada.

Yeah, I remember talking about it too..maybe it was in the Reviews section?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I know personally I haven't seen the new Gunship. Id love to have one having never found the Clone Wars one either.

I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Gunships are like red ARC troopers, they're all in Canada.  I keep seeing them and seeing them.  Of course they're big and shipping would be a bitch but I still see them when I bother to go looking. 

I have the original and that's fine by me.  It's nice they repainted it, but I passed on the CW repaint so I'll pass on this one as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 04:17 PM »
I saw the Gunship at three chains and that was about it:  KayBee, Suncoast and WalMart.  When Suncoast had their sale in May or June I took advantage of it and picked up the ROTS Gunship for $25.  It's strange how it was scarce, but I think the orders just weren't there.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 04:27 PM »
WOW the ROTS Republic Gunship. I only saw it ONCE! at Kmart during the first week when the figures hit. and then *poof* gone. i bought it for $45 at a Collectible Show  :'( i know i may regret it but its worth it!!  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Weird.  I could've sworn we had a Gunship thread floating around somewhere, since I know I've discussed it's glaring absence quite a lot lately, but I guess that was just over in the SoCal finds thread with the local fellas.  Looked around for one in here (as I'm sure you did Travis), and found nada.  Trying to figure out a clever way to split this one up (since we've got an ARC thread), but can't quite do it since Jesse had to go on blabbering about both of these ships in the same damned post!  :P

Did a little tinkering here, and moved the few ARC-170 posts over into the old ARC-170 thread (and butchered Jesse's post in half), so now we can just blabber on about the MIA Gunship in here.  Added a more appropriate title as well...  ;)

Carry on!

- GNT Matt  :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: ROTS Gunship - Where the hell is it?!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 07:03 PM »
I only saw it once, at Wal-Mart.

I don't have either of the previous ones (though now I would like to get them) and I like this paintjob the best of the three.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 07:20 PM »
I'm exactly like you, Valin. Never got the other two, and I have only seen the ROTS Gunship once at Wally World.

I'd really like one now, since I have a Clone army now.  :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Gunships are like red ARC troopers, they're all in Canada.  I keep seeing them and seeing them.  Of course they're big and shipping would be a bitch but I still see them when I bother to go looking. 

I have the original and that's fine by me.  It's nice they repainted it, but I passed on the CW repaint so I'll pass on this one as well.

Do you know how much shipping would be for one? Yes Im that desperate. The one Gunship I bid on ebay went to 48 bucks.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 09:26 PM »
I saw this ship twice, and both times were at two different Wal-Marts, and that has been nearly two months ago.  Since I have been having some serious space issues lately, I didn't pick one up (the one Gunship I have, the Saga version, is huge and takes up a lot of space), but if I'd have known that it was going to be this tough for people to find, I would have picked one up for someone here.  I'll keep an eye out though if they happen to show up here again (my area sometimes has the weirdest **** all of a sudden pop up).

I don't know what the case pack was for this, but on April 2, Target had the ARC-170 but not the Gunship, and every time WM has restocked these since early May (when was the first time they got them at all), it's only been ARCs. 

Quick question too: was this paint scheme actually in the film?  From what I remember, all the Gunships that were "in focus" were the traditional AOTC-era Red paint detail.