Author Topic: Jedi Starfighter!  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Jedi Starfighter!
« on: February 18, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Today, I went to the store and picked one up.
Really amazing.
I like it alot, the wings are funky but they are cool.
Is the Clone Wars one any different?

What are your thoughts on this ship?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Starfighter!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 01:12 PM »
I got this about a year after it came out at a KB toys. I really like this ship. If you have the money, buy a SAGA Obi-Wan Pilot figure. He goes great with the ship. The Clone Wars version is kind of a turquois color instead of maroon, and the astro droid is yellow instead of red.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Well I got the ship yesterday afternoon and I've had the pilot obi-wan for a while now.
I stuck evo anakin(Episode 2) into it with #55 obi-wans head set like he was in the clone wars game for ps2.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 03:51 PM »
i got this starfighter awhile ago and it is great. so great its one of a few i have opeen on display.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:27 AM »
I got this about a year after it came out at a KB toys. I really like this ship. If you have the money, buy a SAGA Obi-Wan Pilot figure. He goes great with the ship. The Clone Wars version is kind of a turquois color instead of maroon, and the astro droid is yellow instead of red.

Or better yet buy a ROTS pilot version and stick a Jedi vs Sith Battlepack head on him.
"This is the way."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot all about doing that. I did switch them, but I hadn't done that in a while.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 01:32 AM »
It's not a bad ship...  I think the ROTS ship is more accurate overall but the Saga/Clone Wars (and Plo Koon) version is pretty sharp too.  Anakin's CW fighter is pretty nice as well though a wholely new sculpt. 

All very good fighters really...  I wish it'd had more accurate landing gear is my only real gripe.   :-\  The damnable "features" that weren't in the film even are what hosed the ship on having actual retractable rear gear though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2006, 01:10 AM »
I have always wonder why Lucas gave the ship an Astromech? It is part of the ship and not removable like the X-wing. Just odd in my opinion. I think it would have been neat to have them like the ROTS version with a removable Astromech.

Anyway the toy is a cool ship, but a little under size from what I can see. The battle mode is odd, but hasbro has to do something to screw with us. I would have perferred the hyperdrive ring over the battle mode thing. The ROTS one needed the ring also.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 02:20 PM »
I know I'm bringing this thread back to life.
 But A guy at ffurg has plans to the ring, he has sent me plans for multiple ships and walkers, I'll see if I can have him send me the RING plans :P

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 12:22 PM »
This ship got lots of retooled and repaints, enough to give each main Jedi one to pilot and combat.