Author Topic: Who's the cook?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Who's the cook?
« on: March 3, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Who in your family is the cook when it comes dinner time? Usualy in my house, it's me or my grandmother, but me moreso around lunch time or dinner durring the week.

So who here is the cook?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Who's the cook?
« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2005, 12:59 PM »
It's about equal between me and my wife...so far.  I can surprisingly hold my own in the kitchen.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Women do not belong in the kitchen, they don't take enough time to cook.   ;)

Unfortunately for me and my wife, she does the bulk of the cooking during the week.  The commute kills me and she gets home first, so it's up to her.  She loathes it but does it anyway.  I get weekend duty and when I get home early for whatever reason it falls to me too. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 3, 2005, 01:20 PM »
99.99% of the time, moi. 

I really enjoy doing it.  It runs in the my family with the males.  My father is an excellent cook and both my brother and I are pretty good at it to.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I do the cooking in the house. I won't let my wife near the kitchen she tried to kill me once with tuna noodle casserole and I told her nomore. THe next day I reduced the life insurance poily so she wouldn't make idle threats. Everytime she say she wants to cook for me It means I obviously pissed her off somehow.  If your ever in my home and she offers  something.... run ...run the other way and don't look back. she not totally incompetent in the kitchen she does a good job with the dishes. It's cute she thinks she's helping.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2005, 04:51 PM »
 ;D Classic.

If any of you are in my house, and my grandmother offers you chicken, please lie and say your alergic to poultry. She buys so much chicken since my grandpa is a diabetic, and she wants to cook it all the time, to the point where me and my grandfather HATE it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2005, 07:31 PM »
I'm the cook, but that's not a surprise since I'm single.  I have pretty much always been the cook in any relationship, though.  I like to cook though... Tonight I'm making chipotle chicken, a baked potato and some sauted mushrooms. 
I should be having leftover Taco Soup since I just made my batch yesterday and haven't frozen the leftovers yet, but I really wanted chicken... That was the first time I had Taco Soup- pretty good if anyone wants the recipe- and it was easy- I crock potted it...

You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 3, 2005, 11:15 PM »
I'm the cook, but that's not a surprise since I'm single. 

Ditto. Although my GF claims she's coming over this weekend to cook me dinner. We'll see what happens.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2005, 02:48 AM »
I do the cooking. Though I'm only cooking for one, so, yeah.

When I do cook for others, they at times don't find it all that edible. So Applebee's or Papa John's gets a lot of my money when people are over here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk