Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105260 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel -UPDATED AGAIN! 8/31!!!
« Reply #105 on: September 3, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Hey, gang...after begging and pleading rather pathetically, I finally got one of the MIA regulars to post again back in one of the other threads...

...and it was a very intriguing and original suggestion.  Alas, it doesn't help break the tie, but it's an interesting idea worthy of discussion and consideration.

So here's 187_Maul's suggestion:

Although this only makes the decision for you what to do more difficult, I'd hide the tracking device behind the toilet or somewhere in the bathroom, and then leave for the meeting with Blondie. This tracking device may prove to be more important in the future than it does at the moment, so I wouldn't get rid of it immediently. Hiding the device leaves the possibility of revtrieving it afterwards. After the meeting with Blondie I'd definitely confront Callie about this though.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #106 on: September 3, 2005, 01:58 PM »
but yet this does dan binks votes for stiking it on some one check the ffurg forrums what now :D 8)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 3, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Excuse me? :)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 3, 2005, 04:49 PM »
smartypants is correct.  Over at FFURG, Dan Binks has tipped the scales in favor of....sticking the tracking device on another person.

But, since I won't start working on a new scene until Monday at the earliest, consider the polls still open. 

However, if nothing changes until then, that will be the course of action.

Here's Dan Binks' reply:

My first thought was to "flush it", but now I think sticking it on someone else is the better idea.

Though Callie is definitely up to something more than she is telling us, I still would not jump to the conclusion that she is an Imperial. I think it is possible she has some unfinshed business with our uncle. Then again my judgement may still be clouded by that Mara Jade like Red Hair , or not. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: September 3, 2005, 05:01 PM »
but yet this does dan binks votes for stiking it on some one check the ffurg forrums what now :D 8)

¿Que?

Hey, gang...after begging and pleading rather pathetically, I finally got one of the MIA regulars to post again back in one of the other threads...

...and it was a very intriguing and original suggestion. Alas, it doesn't help break the tie, but it's an interesting idea worthy of discussion and consideration.

So here's 187_Maul's suggestion:

Although this only makes the decision for you what to do more difficult, I'd hide the tracking device behind the toilet or somewhere in the bathroom, and then leave for the meeting with Blondie. This tracking device may prove to be more important in the future than it does at the moment, so I wouldn't get rid of it immediently. Hiding the device leaves the possibility of revtrieving it afterwards. After the meeting with Blondie I'd definitely confront Callie about this though.

I thought of that, but immiediately ruled it out. It'd better to ditch it on someone or even keep it. If you hide it Calllie or whoever is tracking you is more likely to notice that you are on to them because it would stop moving all of a sudden. I'm not really sure what'd you need it for, I think it could cause more trouble than it's worth.  I still say ditch it, on someone.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 4, 2005, 02:28 AM »
Yea!!!

Two more off-site replies!

Looks like Ashared_Hett pushes the "stick it on a passerby" suggestion further into the majority with this post:

I'd plant it on the sleeping guy outside the restroom. Flushing it may make it end up in a place that may tip off Callie that you ditched it.

And newcomer Jedistyle chimes in with an echo of 187_Maul's idea -
i'd stash it somewhere i could pick it up later and if someone came to interupt my meeting they'd show up to find noone. then i would go to my meeting and pick the tracer up later to confront callie about it?

This has been really great, folks.  An overwhelming number of replies, some really terrific and surprising suggestions and some great discussion/anaysis.

I think perhaps it's because the plot is beginning to grow more complex (finally) that we're seeing more responses.  With that in mind, I will continue to endeavor to make the story more compelling...talk you all soon!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 4, 2005, 04:50 AM »
Ok, suppose you ditch it.  You push it off on someone else... or you hide it and it is found.  Then what you do tell Callie? 

I say quit chickening out.  Call her right now and tell her you found it, and ask her why she doesn't trust you!

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: September 4, 2005, 04:55 AM »
What about a comprimise of sorts, hide it, then go somewhere else and call her? That way if she is in league with the bad guys they aren't led right to you. And if not you can go back and pick up or pass it off on someone else. It is possible (however unlikely) that it wasn't even her that put it in there. This is our uncle's comm isn't it? The stormtrooper we shot earlier at our uncle's house could have put it there, in case Uncle Lance came back for it, and that is why they came to the bar looking for us.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 4, 2005, 09:35 AM »
What about a comprimise of sorts, hide it, then go somewhere else and call her? That way if she is in league with the bad guys they aren't led right to you. And if not you can go back and pick up or pass it off on someone else. It is possible (however unlikely) that it wasn't even her that put it in there. This is our uncle's comm isn't it? The stormtrooper we shot earlier at our uncle's house could have put it there, in case Uncle Lance came back for it, and that is why they came to the bar looking for us.

The comm link is yours, you brought it from home.  The stromtrooper could not possibly have planted it, since it was in your possession the entire time, save for those few moments in the bar when you handed it to Callie, who "fidgeted with it beneath the bar for a few minutes."  Ergo, you're almost certain Callie put it there.  (Unless it was your mom back at home - she IS rather overprotective.)  The only other possibility is that someone swiped it off you and then managed to slip it back into your pocket, all without your knowledge.

SLC, how would you determine whether or not Callie is "in league with the bad guys" just by calling her?
« Last Edit: September 4, 2005, 09:41 AM by Quazar »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: September 4, 2005, 04:05 PM »

The comm link is yours, you brought it from home.  The stromtrooper could not possibly have planted it, since it was in your possession the entire time, save for those few moments in the bar when you handed it to Callie, who "fidgeted with it beneath the bar for a few minutes."  Ergo, you're almost certain Callie put it there.  (Unless it was your mom back at home - she IS rather overprotective.)  The only other possibility is that someone swiped it off you and then managed to slip it back into your pocket, all without your knowledge.

SLC, how would you determine whether or not Callie is "in league with the bad guys" just by calling her?

Well if it isn't your Uncles that changes things a bit. I'd say put it somewhere where you can watch it from a distance, and if some one comes looking for you, you know Callie can't be trusted. If no one comes looking or Callie comes alone, I might start trusting her more.

I still want to just pass it off on someone else, but if we can't reach a consensus, I figure this might work as a comprimise.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2005, 01:05 PM »
Well, I'm looking forward to another update...   ;)

Lance, I want to say thank you again for all of the hard work you put into this.  Your dioramas are amazing for this.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Sorry for the delay!  There will be an update this week for sure.

After that, though, I will be out of town, so there will be another hiatus.

Thanks again to everyone for the phenomenal participation!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Hopefully you'll go out with a bang! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Unfortunately, I have only time for another small update, so, no...it'll be a big anticlimax!  ;)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Well, even more anticlimactic than I thought...didn't get the scene finished before the sabbatical.

However, the game will return at the very, very end of the month with an exciting leap forward!

(part of the problem with the update - and the reasons why the recent ones were so small - is that I'm creating a few more elaborate and hopefully more interesting locales for the next big scene...)

Stay tuned!