Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105267 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Clarifications needed!!!
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Ok, as a pretty non-violent guy, I don't want to hit the drunk.  He seems to have a bit of technical expertise, and may be of future help. 

I say put it in behind the panel, with the belt.  If you get busted by troops, then I would say when you were trying to fix the elevator, you found it in there and turned it on trying to call for help.

That's how I would handle it.

Once you get to the level you need to be at, I'd ditch it in a better spot if possible.  Or just get out of there if there are troopers there.  If they approach you, I would say something like "Thank the Emperor you're here!  I think this belongs to you.  We found it on this elevator."

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2005, 05:50 PM »
DO NOT HIT THE DRUNK!!! If gaming has taught me anything, all that will accomplish is us getting "Dark Side" points.  ;D

I say toss the comlink down the busted control panel. I highly recommend avoiding Imperial entaglements. Even if the Stormie's do buy that you found it, you're likely to face lengthy questioning, and if they search you, which thay are likely to do, you'll have a heck of a time explaining why you have a dead troopers belt with you.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2005, 05:54 PM »
DO NOT HIT THE DRUNK!!! If gaming has taught me anything, all that will accomplish is us getting "Dark Side" points.  ;D

I say toss the comlink down the busted control panel. I highly recommend avoiding Imperial entaglements. Even if the Stormie's do buy that you found it, you're likely to face lengthy questioning, and if they search you, which thay are likely to do, you'll have a heck of a time explaining why you have a dead troopers belt with you.

-DD

You've already accumulated 57,302 dark side points for killing the first stormtrooper and for shamelessly hitting on Callie.  One more won't make a lick of difference.  You're going straight to hell!

To clarify, do you want to put the belt in the panel, too, DD
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Hell, here we come!    :D

I want to ditch the belt along with the commlink.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Okay, folks, here's where the voting currently stands.

Compelling cases for both decisions have been made, but a clear front runner has begun to emerge.

Here's the breakdown:

HIDE IT IN THE PANEL
Findswoman
Chewie
Darth Delicious
NoMercyJoe

KNOCK HIM OUT!
Sith Lord Chaos aka Ryan
Clone Commander Gree
smartypants

So it's by no means over yet!  And anyone is free to change their mind at any time. 

All you johnny-come-lately's....get your votes in before polling closes!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2005, 06:21 PM »
I love this.  I can't wait until a decision is made.   :)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2005, 08:57 PM »
while i do see the point in trying to stay on the good side of the drunk, it seems to me that our first priority is to stay alive, stay out of prison & the hands of the empire and to find our uncle. sometimes doing the right thing isn't doing the right thing.....

so sign me up for knock him out!

- knock him out, plant the commlink in his hand, the rest of the dead troopers equipment on him as well.

- if you are stopped and questioned, give them some story about the drunk stumbbled into the elevator, fiddiling with somthing in his hand, then fell over and passed out.

- if there isn't anyone waiting for you, and there aren't any witnesses, drag the drunk into a dark corner, leave him a few credits for his next fix, and the inconvienience, and ditch the commlink and gear else where.

- if the imperials take the drunk, it may be a good idea to get a new outfit. drunk or not, there's no sense in taking a chance on the drunk being able to identify you!

- if everything goes somewhat our way, hopefully we'll be off to our long awaited meeting! 
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2005, 09:19 PM »
But jedistyle...if you take the quick and easy path...you shall becaome an agent of evil.  ;)

Besides, who's to say that drunk is that easy to take out in the first place? We may find out to our surprise that drunky there was Golden Gloves champion on Coruscant ten years back.  :o

To clarify: I'm in favor of ditching the comlink, scanning the belt to see if there's any other tracking devices on it, and if not, keeping it with us. It may yet prove useful. (And if we do decide to frame someone, there are more deserving folks than this drunk. That Aqualish that gave us a pounding in the bar, for example.)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2005, 01:43 AM »
Uh oh!  Deadlock time!

Guys, we're tied up 4 to 4!  Come on folks, we need some tie-breakers here!

Or maybe some defectors....what to do, what to do???

HIDE IT IN THE PANEL
Findswoman
Chewie
Darth Delicious
NoMercyJoe

KNOCK HIM OUT!
jedistyle
Sith Lord Chaos aka Ryan
Clone Commander Gree
smartypants

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2005, 02:40 AM »
So the plot thickens!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2005, 01:36 PM »
So the plot thickens!

Actually, the plot CAN'T thicken until we get a few more votes!!  :)

So this would be the great time for all you lurkers, bench warmers, wall-flowers, Monday-morning quarterbacks and back-seat drivers to put on your dancing shoes and stand up and be counted!

I only have one request:  (gee, how to say this without sounding like an elitest snob....)

The current deadlock in the game features, as always, some really terrific posts by our longtime players. 

All I ask is that any newcomers try to give their votes some real consideration before they are cast.  Some compelling arguments have been made on both sides.

Now this isn't to say that everyone needs to write a lengthy, multi-paragraph disseration explaining their reasons, but it would be a shame if this fascinating nd well-reasoned debate were settled simply by a one or two casual, hastily-written phrases.

As always, though, it is always delightful to welcome newcomers or returning vets to the game!  So don't be shy!  Get in the game!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Tie Breakers Needed!!!
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2005, 07:29 PM »
you know this is a good story when you have a cliff hanger in the discussion of the story! either way i can't wait to see how it continues......
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2005, 08:13 PM »
another thing to consider is, that knocking the drunk out dosn't necessarily mean crushing his skull with a tool kit. we could set our blaster to stun and blast him, then he wouldn't be able to put up a fight, and being drunk, may very well wake up with no recalection of what happened and chalk it up to being drunk! so it may not be all that bad! ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2005, 08:30 PM »
oooo can I vote again?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2005, 08:34 PM »
oooo can I vote again?

Of course.  You can change your mind up until I literally start taking the pictures of the new scene!  And that won't happen until at least over the week-end!

I should also inform you all that there has been some news -

Though I had virtually written it off, it seems there's a little life in the thread yet over at RS.

Forum member shellachead has thrown in his lot with the "stash it crowd".

So, for the moment, the tie is broken.  However, I urge everyone to also consider jedistyle's recent post, where he suggested using the stun setting of your blaster as an alternative to smashing the poor fellow on the noggin with your toolkit.

Will this suggestion change anyone's mind and upset the voting?  Time is running out....