Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105259 times)

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Tie Breakers Needed!!!
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2005, 09:06 PM »
no I still say hide it in the panel. (just for the sake of WINNING the "fight")
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2005, 11:15 PM »
no I still say hide it in the panel. (just for the sake of WINNING the "fight")

How about you do it for the sake of the story not just winning the fight...
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Yep, Lance works his tail off on this.  People who don't make these probably have no idea how much work goes into them.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2005, 01:16 AM »
Amazingly enough, there was one more vote over at RS from an old player, Ashared Hett, who also voted in the "stash it in the elevator" group, putting that group into a two vote lead.

Additionally, he wisely suggested sending the elevator back up to a different floor once you arrive on 78.

Thanks for your patience, updates coming soon!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2005, 08:13 PM »
I hope we all can take a joke.(CHEWIE Ryan) but really I posted it here AND at ffurg for all of you that pay attention (no for Winning was a JOKE people) I say we hide it in the consol thingy.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2005, 08:21 PM »
No worries NoMercyJoe.  We like to joke too, we just don't know you that well yet.  No problems buddy.   8)

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2005, 08:33 PM »
who started this site anyway?They obvisoly like llamas  :P
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 1, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Chris Berry did.  But let's stay on topic for Lance's photonovel.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 1, 2005, 03:54 PM »
o.k. still llamas?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - New Scene!!
« Reply #189 on: November 3, 2005, 04:48 AM »
Wow!  How about that!  Our little story here got a front page mention on JD!  Thanks to everyone who made that possible.

And now, on with the show!

As you all know, we had a very lively, very spirited debate after the last round and two main camps eventually emerged - those voting to stash the incriminating items in the elevator's control panel, or more extreme suggestion of hitting the drunk on the head and planting the gear on him.

Though some extremely passionate and well-reasoned arguments were made on both sides, ultimately the "stash it's" won out with a total of 6 votes to 4.  At the moment, I don't have time to give a complete play-by-play of the voting and suggestions, but I hope to soon.

Most surprisingly of all is the fact that a few last minute votes came in from RS, where I had all but given up on getting anymore replies from.  Hope springs eternal.

So here's the new scene, which ends on another frustrating, incomplete note.  But, damn, it took me forever to finish this one, my camera was acting up and I couldn't get an in-focus picture to save my life.  So, as always, the real fun seems just beyond reach, right around the corner...

Here we go!

WHICH WAY DO YOU GO?

Inventory:

dirty poncho (worn)

helmet (worn)

personal comlink
Credit Stick
toolkit
hold-out blaster (worn on belt)
backpack containing -
change of clothes
control pad for ship
data pad with technical schematics
68 credits

« Last Edit: November 3, 2005, 04:54 AM by Quazar »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - NEW SCENE 11/3!!!
« Reply #190 on: November 3, 2005, 05:01 AM »
Great update Lance! :)

I'h just g;ad we had no one wait for us at the bottom. I'm not sure which route to take yet. But I'm leaning towards the tunnel, especially after seing that jawa and his little friends. They are off to tell someone we are here, and I think it might be a good idea to avoid that someone for now. I'll think about this some more, but for now I say into the tunnels we go.

The sewers look great BTW. There is a perfect amount of junk and lowlifes. And the lighting is great it really gives it a gloomy feel.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 3, 2005, 05:55 AM »
The sewers look great BTW. There is a perfect amount of junk and lowlifes. And the lighting is great it really gives it a gloomy feel.

Thanks, Ryan.  I wanted to make the lighting more extreme and atmospheric, but, since I've already heard comments about pictures being too dim during regular scenes, I didn't want to take the chance that the images would be so dark you might miss something important.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 3, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Masterfully done Lance!  This was one of the best and most creative updates yet.  I really love the look of the sewers, you've outdone yourself there.

I'll comment in detail soon on what I think we should do, but right now I agree with SLC - probably the tunnel is the best choice.  Maybe ask him how to get to the hangar through the tunnels.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #193 on: November 3, 2005, 01:12 PM »
With 10 minutes to spare, limit your risk.

1. Thank Crate and send him on his way.
2. AFTER Crate leaves, lose the mask and poncho (keep them handy if they'll fit in your sack). Crate says people down here are especially nervous about masked visitors. Fix that problem.
3. Use the corridor, not the tunnel. Crate may seem like a nice guy, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if he and the Ithorian are in kahoots in a scam to get you beaten and robbed in the tunnels.

If at all possible, change clothes where the little ratty locals can't see you (perhaps in the corridor after you leave the alcove?)

Good progress here. I look forward to the next installment.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 3, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Ok, I'm ready to comment a little more.

First, I have to compliment you again on how you made the sewer look.  It really has a nasty look to it, and having the lizard is the perfect touch, showing that the poor folk are living with vermin.

Now what would I do?

(1) I agree with In Rem that Crate is probably a decent guy, and doesn't seem to be trying to start a problem with you.  So I'd thank him and tell him you'll remember his kindness.

(2) Look around the floor, see if there's anything you can use.  If there is, grab it and toss the Ithorian 5 credits.  Now you're hopefully making another friend, even if it is a drunk.  But if you end up in this area again later, better to have some friends on your side in case there is trouble.

(3) Yep, don't take off the helmet until after Crate leaves.  Get in the tunnel and take the helmet off.  I might leave the poncho on though, as it might help you conceal any items. 

(4) Get to the meeting area.

And I agree, this is good progress here, I feel like the story is picking up.