Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105479 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel -UPDATED AGAIN! 8/31!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2005, 08:53 PM »
I am going to post an interesting suggestion from CorranHorn over at FFURG, even though he's already changed his stance, thanks to a rebuttal from the ever vigilant and persuasive Findswoman

Well isn't this an interesting turn of events? I agree with smarty that we need to unload the tracker and quickly. But the problem becomes what to do about it. We don't have much time to see if she's following us, otherwise we'll miss our meeting with the Rebels. So let's leave the tracker in the refresher and hide out for a few minutes in a dark corner where we can see the hallway and the refresher without being seen ourselves. We'll see if Callie comes by and who she may come with. If she's alone it may just be she was concerned for our safety, but if she's with the Imps our fears will be proven correct. Of course if she doesn't show up say within 10 minutes before the meeting with the Rebels, we're just going to have to leave and assume she's up to no good and consult with the Rebels themselves.

And the rebuttal:

I don't know if sticking around would be the best idea. If she did follow the device and show up, that would make it very likely that she'd see you anyway, and then there would be a good chance that she'd notice you had gotten rid of it -- ergo, that you are aware of it. If she is on the wrong side (and I still have no idea), that could be bad indeed.

And CorranHorn's follow up/new suggestion:

I had suggested hiding to watch what she does if she shows up, the whole point being to see her reaction without getting caught. She's going to find out one way or another that we've dumped the tracker. But perhaps, maybe we would be too noticable with that big bucket on us. So as an addendum to my previous post, instead we should just chuck the tracker down the toilet. Let Callie chase it around the station for a bit while you go see Blondie and the Rebels. Then go back later on to see Callie and see her reaction to the tracker going wild, perhaps confront her about it.

So that's another vote for ditching the tracker in the toilet!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 1, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Here's another exchange from FFURG which I thought might be of interest or value for all of our players.

The question comes from Findswoman, followed by my reply...

Incidentally, Lance, do you have the whole story of Callie's true allegiance planned out? You don't have to tell us what it is, by any means; I was just curious abt whether you yourself had come up with an explanation for the transmitter, armor, and other mysterious objects.

A very interesting question, Findswoman...

While there are elements of the game's story which necessarily have to be somewhat fluid (hopefully, the shape the story takes will depend as much on your input as it does on mine, as it has so far), there are certain elements which are pretty firm in my mind.

At this point, Callie's motivations and backstory are fairly locked up.

The transmitter, for instance, wasn't just something I invented on the spot in response to SLC's suggestion to search for one. It was there all along (well, from a certain point in the game, anyway).

If you like, take a look back over the bar sequences. Callie "disappears for a good five minutes" into the back. She emerges with a large box which she places under the bar, beyond your view. Now, in addition to housing a bacta bandage, which she puts on your face, who knows what else might have been in it? Immediately after that, Callie takes your comm link and "fidgets with it below the bar" (again, out of view) for "a couple of minutes" before giving it back to you.

Now, I'm still very new at this kind of thing. Nothing like this game has ever been done before. I realize now that it is very easy to miss these kinds of things and I will try not to be so obtuse in the future.

And, of course, not every action, every character, every event has a significance....some things might seem to be important and have no relevance whatsoever...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I still say KEEP THE TRACKER. I trust Callie.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 2, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Okay, well, to recap the discussion thus far, we have a couple of very distinct schools of thought about how to proceed.

First we have the "ditch the tracking device" crowd, which is broken up into two subsets, the "flush it" crowd and the "slip it on a passerby" group.

"Stick it on a Passerby" Votes consist of:
Findswoman
Smartypants1635
Sith Lord Chaos

The "Flush It's" are:
CorranHorn
Diddly
Dressel

And, on the other end of the spectrum, we have votes for the
"We trust Callie, keep the transmitter and call her" option.

That group consists of:
Chewie
Jediknight760071

So, right now, the "ditch the device" group outnumbers the "keep it" group by 3 to 1.

However, within that group, we are deadlocked between flushing the device or sticking it on a passerby (smartypant's idea to put it on the sleeping guy outside the refresher seems like the easiest way to go about that).

Now, I won't have the new scene up for at least a couple more days.  But a consesus will need to be reached!

So continue to talk amongst yourselves!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2005, 01:06 AM »
Tied at 3...hmmm...how about we put it on a passerby and then flush THEM down the toilet! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Swirly! :D
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 2, 2005, 01:16 AM »
Swirly! :D

Wait....are you switching sides??

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2005, 01:18 AM »
No, I still think we should pass it off on some one, I tired to make a joke, it fell flat just like most mine. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 2, 2005, 01:21 AM »
No, I still think we should pass it off on some one, I tired to make a joke, it fell flat just like most mine. :P

It didn't fall flat.  It was funny, but I wasn't sure if it was also funny with a hidden message!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 2, 2005, 05:14 AM »
CHEWIE...You and I have to find somebody to tie it up for us.  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 2, 2005, 12:48 PM »
CHEWIE...You and I have to find somebody to tie it up for us.  ;)

Even if we do, we're still in the minority because 6 people want to get rid of it somehow... damnit!  Come on people, don't be scared of Callie.

:P
« Last Edit: September 2, 2005, 12:48 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 2, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I do not fear Callie. The tie is broke.  ;)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 2, 2005, 10:41 PM »
I do not fear Callie. The tie is broke.  ;)

"You will be...you will be."

No, just kidding.  But, I'm afraid Chewie is correct.

It's still 6 "ditch it's" versus 3 "keep it's"...and I don't think there are enough hanging chads out there to bail out the "keep it's"....

But we still need a decision on the "flush it" or "plant it" issue...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 2, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Why not plant it on Blondie?!

GENIUS!

That way, we can get to Calie and show her how savvy we are, and impress her.

Kevin
« Last Edit: September 2, 2005, 10:55 PM by Dressel Jr. »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #104 on: September 2, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Why not plant it on Blondie?!

GENIUS!

That way, we can get to Calie and show her how savvy we are, and impress her.

Kevin

Thing is, since you're presumably going to be spending time with Blondie in the next few scenes, a tracking device that leads to Blondie will effectively lead to you.   The point of giving it to someone else is to throw her off of your track, but giving it to Blondie wouldn't really do that.

Also, I'm not sure I see why she'd be impressed if we found it and confronted her about it -- could someone explain that to me, please?  If I had planted a tracking device on someone and they told me that they'd found out about it, "impressed" doesn't really describe how I'd feel, even if it were a handsome young man.  :p   Angry and vindictive? Maybe.  Or I might be cackling wickedly at my former trackee's utter stupidity in giving himself away.  ;D

I do like the idea of putting it on the sleeping homeless guy.  That could be amusing.  There's something about him that reminds me of the city where I go to school... ;D

... the Findswoman