Author Topic: Captain Antilles... He Sorta Sucks  (Read 14012 times)

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Antilles... He Sorta Sucks
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Just got Zett and the Utaupan Warrior. Not sure on the warrior. Both figures as mention lack articulation and remind me of the Ep. I era of toys. I may sell my Utaupan figure to a friend who wants one really bad.

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Actually, the more I see the Antilles figure, the more I like it.  Even more than the Bail Organa.  The articulation is very weak, but something about the sculpt and scale of this figure seems perfect.  So much that I bought an extra to make a custom Bail Organa out of it.  And I like the "puffy" shirt.  It looks more life-like to me, and his cape is awesome.  If this guy goes on clearance, I'll get a small army for customs.  For what it is, I really like this figure.

Jett is decent.  Nothing more in my opinion. 

I must say that the Warrior is a great figure.  He looks just damn mean and plain evil.  The shield is a nice touch, I repainted both of mine silver to make it look more real... this figure is also great for custom fodder.  I made a fan-fic Sith Lord for the Rykrof Enloe series using his body as a base -

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Eeeeeeew.

Great custom!
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Just got Zett and the Utaupan Warrior. Not sure on the warrior. Both figures as mention lack articulation and remind me of the Ep. I era of toys. I may sell my Utaupan figure to a friend who wants one really bad.

Yeah I thought Collection 2 figures were supposed to be more detailed and have extra articulation. I was quite surprised to find this wave didn't have much extra articulation involved. As opposed to Collection 1 figures AT-RT Driver and Pilot Obi-Wan  which are both super-articulated. As for Capt. Antilles, visually I think he looks ok, but compared to the articulation given to Bail Organa which is basically the same design, I am a bit disappointed. And I can't figure out how to put the head piece on, it's aggravating!  >:(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Dorito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 02:47 AM »
I think that antilles figure is pretty lame and can be easily confused with the bail organa figure if you don't look to close.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 03:39 PM »
Why is Bail so huge?  You can't even do a headswap from Antilles onto Organa! 

(Antilles is the same height as #56 Obi-Wan, so that means Bail towers over all of the other "human" characters)...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 01:48 AM »
Isn't Jimmy Smits a tall man?
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 02:55 AM »
He is, but I don't see why they would make him so much taller than all of the other human characters.  Some characters should be taller (Darth Vader, Chewbacca), but for some characters (like Bail) it doesn't look right. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2005, 11:10 AM »
It's pretty easy to put a Bail head on the Antilles figure.  I'll post a pic later.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 02:02 PM »
Simple head swap, looks way better to me -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 2, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Why is Bail so huge?  You can't even do a headswap from Antilles onto Organa! 

(Antilles is the same height as #56 Obi-Wan, so that means Bail towers over all of the other "human" characters)...

Smits is 6'3" for the curious...  not a short man by any stretch.  He's about half a head taller than VOTC Han Solo which I view as sort of a definitive "average" height figure.  Clones could be considered that too if it weren't for the helmet throwing things off.  I'm ok with Bail's height then knowing he's as tall as my buddy Eric who noticeably stands over me and I'm average height.  MacGregor's not so tall I don't think, but I'm not sure.  He's 5'10" I think, which is my height, so a 6'3" guy would stand a bit above him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 2, 2005, 10:19 AM »
I almost, ALMOST picked him up yesterday, and probably still will today as I go out to pick some stuff up.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 2, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Lucky you all that actually have seen Antilles to make the decision as to buy him or pass... I'm still waiting for them!!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 2, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Insert Quote
Lucky you all that actually have seen Antilles to make the decision as to buy him or pass... I'm still waiting for them!!

Don't feel too bad, Vlad; I'm still waiting to see him and his case brethren too.  Stores around me haven't stocked a case of new figures (read: not April 2nd leftovers) since June 14th, and that was one case of the Tarkin wave (after having stocked with the same case a few days earlier).   :-\

Anyway, as to the subject of height, Jimmy Smits is a tall man, but Christopher Lee (in addition to being the coolest man on the planet right now, IMHO) is 6'5" tall.  I'm not sure off the top of my head how his figure compares, height-wise, with Smits', but I do remember the 2003 "Geonosian Escape" Tyranus being quite a bit taller than everyone else (accurate and commendable).

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2005, 10:16 PM »
We'll have to get Dooku, Bail and Vader (for good measure) and do a comparison.

Did anyone else notice how Anakin is like 6 inches shorter than Vader?  I can picture the Emperor in the waiting room:

Medical Droid: "Emperor, we have some very nice frames on sale today. Seeing as you are already 'under the hood...'

Emperor: "Oh yes I like this one! Does it come in black?"   :P
who Learned you To spoke!