Author Topic: Theatrical Poster Tonight on ET?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Theatrical Poster Tonight on ET?
« on: March 8, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Saw this via another forum, and then checked on TVGuide.com for myself.  Their description for tonight's episode of Entertainment Tonight reads as:

Entertainment Tonight - "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" is discussed. Included: A look at it's poster.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I'll probably check it out/tape it just in case.  If it is revealed, it will likely be on the OS, if not SWShop.com, by tonight or tomorrow.  According to some posters on TF.N forums, Pablo Hidalgo hinted at this on the OS forums last week.  I don't really frequent either, so I'll have to take their word for it.  Anyways, just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who wants to tune in, if available in your area.  I always enjoy the movie posters, so I'm anxious to see what it looks like.  Hopefully this is true, seems like about the right time.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Theatrical Poster Tonight on ET?
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2005, 02:02 PM »
I sure hope it's better than that teaser art.  Absolute garbage it was.

And thanks, I may just have to tune in tonite.   :)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2005, 03:57 PM »
well since the final or at least full trailer debuts this week, I'd guess a new poster should be out soon.
Just wish any of the ideas I've had I could put into photoshop and make something decent  :-\
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2005, 10:24 PM »
So, it's out. I'm not sure I'm 100% pleased with it, though it is nice to see Vader's image back in the proper place.  :)

I don't know what it is, if it is that Struzan isn't given enough time to work on them, or he's restricted to painting something someone has already mocked up with presskit photos, or what, but I find his whole line of posters since the SE's to be really uninspired. I don't get it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2005, 10:54 PM »
This is the best of the PT posters, but yeah, they've all been very uninspired.  I don't know if it's an edict from Lucas or what.  I know he's a huge fan of Struzan, but photoshop is much cheaper if this is all they're going to do.  The poster as  a piece of art has no thought or symmetry to it.  I like the central image of the three heroes with Vader looming overhead, but they're surrounded arbitraily by characters that have been placed there just to say: "Yoda's in it, too!"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I like it ok, but it doesn't have the same 'look' as the OT did. By looking at the officialSW site, you can see the difference in them. OT just have more 'creativity' to them, I guess. But alas I printed this one out in color onmy little inkjet, it'll do for work  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 9, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Its OK, I think Menace has the best poster of the three prequels IMO.  I hate the big light blob on Ani's head here, it looks bad.  Obi-Wan looks like he's 80, which is also not too cool.  Otherwise, when looking at all 6 Struzan posters (SE included), its sort of all the same and it works

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2005, 08:10 AM »
It's nice to see Vader's helmet at the top.  To be honest I don't like that particular Yoda drawing.  I have seen that pose of Yoda on the net for awhile and I just don't like it at all.  I don' t mind Yoda fighting with a lightsaber but that pic of him bugs me. 

It's an ok poster but the OT's posters were infinitely better.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 9, 2005, 08:32 AM »
It's nice to see Vader's helmet at the top.  To be honest I don't like that particular Yoda drawing.  I have seen that pose of Yoda on the net for awhile and I just don't like it at all.  I don' t mind Yoda fighting with a lightsaber but that pic of him bugs me.

I've kind of felt that way ever since that picture first showed up online, something about that Yoda "pose" just doesn't seem right to me either.  Other than that, I like the poster, and I'll be picking it up.  I'm always a fan of movie posters, although I do prefer the vintage ones.  Seeing the article on the OS though showing all six Struzan posters together makes me want to pick up the SE versions too.  They look nice all grouped together like that.  Nice to get a look at the poster though, trailer tomorrow! :)