Author Topic: Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures  (Read 15078 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:55 AM »
First off, minor SPOILERS because this is technically an Episode 3 line, although the pics at the following link aren't necessarily anything monumental.  Anyways, ToyNewsI.com has a couple of pics up of some figures from the upcoming "Force Battlers" assortment.  Apparently they are 7 inches tall, and to me look somewhat similar to the Jedi Force figures, although not quite the same.  I wonder if this means the end of Jedi Force, or this is the new direction they are going, or what?  If not, Hasbro is starting to over-do it a bit with the different action figure lines :).  You can see pics of two fo the figures HERE.  What do you think?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 09:29 AM »
They sort of look like Stylized Unleashed

Yawn...I wonder if that is what these figures are as well:

Action Figures - Wave 2 - July
- Clone Trooper
- Mace Windu
- Chewbacca

Action Figures - Wave 3 - July
- Luke Skywalker
- Han Solo
- Darth Vader

Action figures - Wave 4 - August
- Yoda
- Emperor

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I think they look kinda nifty, almost in a Japanese/anime kinda way.  I might pick them up.  Definitely like them better than the Jedi Force line, so hopefully these will keep me away from those monstrous ugly beasts...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:43 PM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 03:25 PM »
If they replace the Jedi Force line, good riddance -- I hate those things. Even though these are highly stylized, they have a contemporary feel to them that is probably more in tune with what younger kids would like. They look aimed at kids but still "cool".

Jedi Force is just lame in every way.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 4, 2005, 03:46 PM »
In case anyone is interested, theJawa.com has pictures up of a couple more "Force Battlers":

General Grievous
and...
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2005, 03:49 PM »
I like that Obi-Wan, it has the "rugged" look like Anakin.  However, the Grievous just looks bad. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Those look 'teh suck'.

I might pick up Vader, but that Anakin has a jawline fit for He-Man. Not to mention it looks like that bionic arm has seen too much Playboy action. And Grevious is a double helping of suck. Obi-Wan doesn't look too bad.

They're nothing I would spend my money on.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Well, now that we've seen a few more looks at this via Toy Fair, what do you think of this line?  I personally don't understand why it is coming out.  If Hasbro would like to have something in the Rescue Heroes size/style of figure "for the kids", that's fine, but I don't get why they have both the Jedi Force and Force Battlers line out at the same time, seems like the same basic concept twice.  Also, if they are incorporating "lightsaber attack" and other action features into these Force Battlers "cause the kids like them", then they could leave them out of the regular figure line I would think.  Not that the ROTS action features are nearly as bad/intrusive as the AOTC ones, but it would still be nice to just not have them at all for the most part.  Plus, I see that these Force Battlers figures are priced at $9.99.  Good luck selling them at that price I would think, but I guess you never know.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
ROTS - Force Battlers Action Figures
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 08:55 AM »
Today, Hasbro updates there site with Star Wars Force Battlers Action Figures

First up are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader and General Grievous.

Not sure about these figures that look like there on roids. Darth Vader looks like an imitation of Captain America with that shield!  :D

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2005, 12:03 PM »
I like the stylized anime-esque look of these toys.

Vader looks great; I want him.

I'm not really a fan of Grievous, however I have a severe dearth of Separatist figures (in all scales) so I may get this GG simply to balance the scale with my Republic armies.

Anakin looks pretty good. I may get him later on after higher-priority items.

Obi-Wan is all right but I don't like the facial expression and his hair is too bright orange.

Several of the later ones--Yoda, Chewie, Clone Trooper, Mace, Palpy--sound quite promising.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 12:04 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Saw these everywhere this weekend, as I'm sure everyone else did too.  They didn't seem to be selling though, aside from the Vader.  I saw several people (and lots of kids) with one of the Vaders in their hand.  I'd be tempted just to get the Vader, but I'm holding off.  I'll probably get the Chewie one if/when it comes out though.  I don't see these being very big with collectors (as seen by people's opinions), and it does seem like Hasbro is spreading themselves somewhat thin.  If you had the choice of which line they would keep going, regardless of if you bought them, would it be Force Battlers or Jedi Force?  Same scale basically, and same type of idea.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2005, 03:48 PM »
To answer your question, I like the Jedi Force better.  They appeal to the younger kids - 3 years and under.

But then again, my son who is two, loves to play with the regular 3 3/4 figures because I think the Jedi Force ones are too kiddy for him OR he knows that since they are out reach he can't have them!

The Force Battlers seem to be targeted towards the older kids, but that seems kind of redundant as the 3 3/4 line already fills that need.

With that being said, I don't care for the Force Battlers - looks like somebody sketched out a concept and it transpired to plastic overnight. 

I like the Vader though!   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Looks like Hasbro has an update featuring the next wave of Force Battlers.  Looks like it is Clonetrooper, Chewie, and Mace Windu.  I know most everyone here isn't interested in these, but I'll probably pick up the Chewbacca if I see it.  I've been slightly tempted by the Vader too, just for something "different", but the $10 has kept me away so far.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 02:41 PM »
The Clone looks pretty good. Mace ain't bad. But Chewie's kinda underwhelming somehow.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 02:22 AM »
Quite an interesting line of "action" figures. I don't know if I'd buy them at their regular price, maybe around $5.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."