Author Topic: MLB 2005  (Read 56034 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: MLB Regular Season - 2005
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Bonds -

First, will he make it back this year?

I kinda hope he does only because I want to see him come to town when the Twins play the Giants, but I don't know if he will be the same player with his bum knee.

Second, will he have to move to the AL to be a DH to end his career?

Can you picture Bonds in Pinstripes?  You know if they Giants decide to move him, the Yankers would be all over it.  I'd love to see where the bidding war would end up...

Jeff

As a die hard Yankee fan, I don't want Bonds.  Too much baggage.  Too much money.  And I do not want to see our best 2 prospects go flying out of here for him.  We have enough offense, our starting pitching needs to be consistent and we will run away with a championship.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: May 9, 2005, 01:08 PM »
I think the Yankees lack of developing or trading away young talent is going to bite them in the ass for a while here.  The shoestring superstar pitching staff is not holding up too well, are there any prospects in the system that could take the place of any of the grandpas?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 9, 2005, 04:09 PM »
You Yankees can have Kerry Wood for a closer.  Please.  LOL!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Personally I think we've seen the last of Bonds.  With any luck he'll end up in prison for the tax issues and we won't have to worry about him breaking Hank's record. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2005, 07:25 AM »
Personally I think we've seen the last of Bonds.  With any luck he'll end up in prison for the tax issues and we won't have to worry about him breaking Hank's record. 

While I wouldn't feel bad if he's in jail, you just know he wants to beat Ruth's total.  I can see him getting to number 2 and calling it quits (especially if his current situation doesn't improve)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2005, 09:55 PM »
Yanks starting to tear up the American League with a 4 game winning streak!!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2005, 09:15 AM »

I love sarcasm.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Yeah, now they are only 7 games back last I saw.  The Yankees I mean.  I see Boston is only 1.5 games behind Baltimore. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2005, 03:04 PM »

Going on 10 in a row now.  Seems they've finally righted the ship, with some decent pitching, and more timely hitting.  Not surprising at all really.  Should be interesting to see if they can indeed make it all the way back to the top of the division now...

I've been on Rocket watch again this year, as Clemens continues to amaze everyone with his near perfect pitching the first month and a half of the season.  Sitting at a 1.11 ERA after 8 starts now I think.  Unfortunately, he's getting practically NO run support from the 'Stros, so his record is a measely 3-1.  Meanwhile, Dontrell Willis is going freaking nuts out in FL, with a 7-0 record and a 1.08 ERA!  That's crazy.

Dodgers and Angels have slowed down a little of late, but are still right in the thick of things, so that's cool.  Just lost K-Rod to the DL though, it sounds like, so that'll hurt the Halos pen for a while.

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Boo Dodgers! Go Padres!  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Twins have been playing so so of late, still have the 3rd Best Record in Baseball, unfortunately for them, the white sox have the 1st.  I still think they'll choke come Julyish

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2005, 01:09 PM »
I might as well jump in now, just having seen this thread.

I'm a Ranger season ticket holder, so go Rangers!!!

We're on a 6 game winning streak, with the ChiSox coming into town.  Although, they took 2 out of 3 in Chicago, we've got a good chance of laying it to them this weekend.  The Sox aren't getting any offense, and probably won't until Thomas is back.  Also, the Ranger bats are heating up.  Hidalgo has something like 4 homeruns in the past week.

I'm not sure yet if the pitching is strong enough to go toe to toe with Anaheim (sorry, the LA Angels of Anaheim), but we'll see.  If not, we may have to concentrate on a wild card birth and beat out Minnesota or whoever can get their act together in the AL east.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: June 2, 2005, 02:22 PM »
I'm a Ranger season ticket holder, so go Rangers!!!

BOOOOOO!!!   (Angel fan here)   :P

But yeah, I've been rather amazed and obviously surprised with the Rangers' turn around this year, but you're right, I don't know if they'll have the pitching depth to sustain this.  Nice to see former Dodger Chan Ho turn it around this season though, and I always dig watching Soriano tear it up too, so that's been fun to watch.

So we're neck and neck right now, tied I think (don't know what you guys did last night).  I think the Halos are going to pick up the pace soon though, now that K-Rod's finally back (we lost a couple games to the Sox in the bottom of the ninth last week), and when Vladamir Guerrero's back in another couple weeks here.  Plus, Dallas McPherson (Troy Glaus' replacement) is finally starting to swing a mean stick, with 4 dingers in the last 5 games, and some very timely hitting and big time RBI's during that time as well.  Third base has been our biggest hole up to now, so hopefully that won't be an issue anymore.

As for the Blue Crew, the Dodgers have been sucking ass the past month, and have fallen off the face of the earth.  Very disappointing.  If they were gonna play like **** this year, I'd rather they not tease us with the best record in baseball for the first month of the season, 'cause that's just false advertising right there.  >:(

BTW, Brian R's gotta be happy with Derrik Lee holding the Triple Crown right now.  Damn, that guy's blowing up something fierce right now!  :o

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 3, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I see the Cubs have finally pulled their heads out of their rears and strung a long a 7 game winstreak.    Just when I am about ready to throw my hands up in the air and say screw this season.  They do just enough to string me along again for the year.  LOL!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: June 6, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Good weekend for the Twinkies!

Taking 2/3 from the Yanks forcing them to drop to 4th place in the AL East = priceless   ;D

Mid-June is when the Twins seem to hit their stride.  Only being 3.5 games back isn't too bad, I'm still confident the Sox will implode at some point.   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender