Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 14188 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Gone Fishing...
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2004, 05:09 PM »
I fish, too.  Not as much lately, but it should be a good summer with my Dad retiring and getting a boat.  I'm looking forward to going for some fluke and bluefish this summer.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Fishing
« Reply #31 on: August 2, 2004, 12:23 AM »
Last weekend me and the same two buddies I went with last year spent the weekend on the Upper Mississippi River.  This is above the Coon Rapids dam so there are no damn barges and the River is still pretty clean.  Its really low right now and we spent the afternoon catching Smallmouth Bass, if you've never fished on a river for Smallies you are really missing out...they really love to explode out of the water when you catch them

We set up our tent on an island on the River like Huck and his pal Jim did and grilled up some Pork Chops for supper.  At dusk we then went to our secret Catfish spot and spent the evening and early night catching Cats.  Let me tell you, if you've never hooked a Catfigh, you are really missing out...talk about fighting!  We caught a couple over 10 pounds and its a pretty fun evening.  We went back and slept well, listening to the river flow by and the dreams of all of the fish we caught.  Good times, good times
« Last Edit: August 2, 2004, 12:24 AM by OCB »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 2, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Sounds like you had a fun trip.

Any place to fish in Indy?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: July 1, 2005, 01:14 AM »

646 lb Catfish caught in Thailand :o :o :o

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 1, 2005, 06:09 AM »

646 lb Catfish caught in Thailand :o :o :o

Damn!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 1, 2005, 11:29 AM »
I think that's the Eeopie from TPM.   :D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: July 1, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Funny, but I was going to post that in here yesterday, and totally forgot.  I had even copied the URL outta CNNSI.com to stick it up in here, but lost my way at some point apparently.

Yeah, that's a big one alright.  Biggest freshwater fish ever, supposedly.  Sad that they wouldn't re-release it back into the river though (it's an endangered species).  Dumbasses chopped it up and ate it instead...  ::)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 1, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Funny, but I was going to post that in here yesterday, and totally forgot.  I had even copied the URL outta CNNSI.com to stick it up in here, but lost my way at some point apparently.

Yeah, that's a big one alright.  Biggest freshwater fish ever, supposedly.  Sad that they wouldn't re-release it back into the river though (it's an endangered species).  Dumbasses chopped it up and ate it instead...  ::)

Call me ignorant, but I would've kept it too. That's a trophy fish right there.

Kevin

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 2, 2005, 04:20 PM »
I go fishing at June Lake in the Eastern Sierras.  My buddy's dad owns a cabin there.  We hit June and Grant Lake the most.  Also used to fish every summer at Convict Lake.  My buddies and I went to Irvine Lake last year.  Like shooting fish in a barrel (that's a 2 pounder.)

« Last Edit: July 5, 2005, 05:18 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 7, 2005, 10:34 AM »
I just stumbled upon this thread.  I used to go fishing several times a year with my dad.  We'd head to Lake Winnibigoshish in north central MN every May for the Walleye opener with my uncle, a few cousins and family friends.  We drove in 2 huge campers Friday morning and came back Monday afternoon.  Those were some fun times.  My parents would take us to a lake every summer usually in July or August.  We'd normally go to Round Lake just north of Brainerd, but sometimes we'd go elsewhere.  There's nothing better than sitting in a boat on the water with a light breeze and sunny skies.  It's relaxing and well worth it even if the fish don't bite. 
I lived in Park Rapids for eight months a few years ago and I would go fishing every day before work.  I never kept that many of the fish I caught.  It was just about the relaxation.  Here's a picture from the last time I went fishing two years ago.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2005, 08:58 PM »
fishing's good in northern california now! I just took a trip to the delta fished from the bank and landed a 32 inch, 12 pound striper and a 31 inch, 10 pound striper for a 2 fish limit. fished for 2 hours using live suckers 6-9 inches for bait.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Anyone here going to go Ice Fishing?

I've got this paranoia about drilling a hole in the ice, and also, I see guys setting fires on the ice.

Does that not scream "DANGER!" to anyone else? :-\

Kevin

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 2, 2007, 03:45 PM »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 4, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Today, my son won the annual 4th of July fishing derby here on the Base. His 5.1 pound/ 24-inch catfish was the biggest out of 40 catfish caught for the 3 hour derby today. They usually stock smaller catfish for the kids to catch. He caught 4 total as well as my daughter who caught 4. The derby ended at 9AM and the fish was hooked at 854; landed at 859- a true 'fat lady' fish. The next closest fish recorded was 3.5 Lbs. Prizes this year were awesome. For his Grand Prize largest fish caught he won a new striper/catfish rod and reel combo, a tackle box loaded with tons of lures and tackle, and a paid ocean fishing trip out of San Diego for 2! My son was quite skilled today, he caught the first fish of the derby..hooked it less than 1 minute from the start, then he caught the derby winner minutes before the end :D!

A fun event overall; complete with sponsored BBQ afterward with brisket and dogs=awesome!
Of course my Wife managed to roll out of bed, got ready and joined us out there minutes before the derby ended. I think she just wanted breakfast :P.

DS

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2007, 11:28 AM »
My inlaws live on Lake Norman and frequently take the kids fishing.  Here is a pic of Madeline Grace's first fish:

Its a beautiful, man-made lake that's 32,000 acres in size with 520 miles of shoreline -- and some of the priciest real-estate in NC. 

If the two year old is with him, they'll fish off of the bank or dock.  If our 5 year old is with him, they'll go out on the boat.  They generally catch catfish, largemouth bass, spotted bass, stripers, white perch, carp, crappie and bream.   They always send them back "to their mommies and daddies"

« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 11:34 AM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(