Community > JD Sports Forum!

NFL 2003/04

<< < (2/78) > >>

Scott:
After cooling down a little, I am happy with what the Vikings got, it sucks they weren't able to close the deal to get more picks...

I hope they didn't make a Derrick Alexander/Warren Sapp mistake by taking Williams over Suggs.  Suggs seems small to me, the college numbers show he has the talenet though.  We needed someone in the middle

I am really excited about the drafting of Onterrio Smith in the 4th round, great pick, brings back a David Palmer/Amp Lee type third down back and gives them awesome Bronco type depth at RB.

Supposedly they got 3 of what they considered 1st rounders with the first three picks we shall see

dustrho:
I'm OK with who the Bears chose, and I'm actually excited to see Rex Grossman play for the Bears.  I really think they're going to have a great year this year.  I'm more excited to see Kordell Stewart play for them.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: dustrho on May  6, 2003, 05:13 PM ---I'm OK with who the Bears chose, and I'm actually excited to see Rex Grossman play for the Bears.  I really think they're going to have a great year this year.  I'm more excited to see Kordell Stewart play for them.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but waht did you think of Kordell saying that he's not interested in teaching Grossman?  I thought that was kind of cold.  Obviously, Kordell has to learn the Bears offense as well, but he's certainly going to be a quicker study.  He doesn't have the time or willingness to teach a rookie?

dustrho:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on May  7, 2003, 12:04 AM ---Yeah, but waht did you think of Kordell saying that he's not interested in teaching Grossman?  I thought that was kind of cold.  Obviously, Kordell has to learn the Bears offense as well, but he's certainly going to be a quicker study.  He doesn't have the time or willingness to teach a rookie?

--- End quote ---

I think Kordell said that because his contract is only for what, one or two years, and he's thinking he probably won't be around long enough to have an impact on Grossman.  Who really knows why Kordell said something as stupid as that.

dustrho:
BRIAN URLACHER SIGN'S NINE YEAR DEAL WITH DA BEARS!

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- All-Pro linebacker Brian Urlacher has agreed to a new, nine-year deal that will keep him with the Chicago Bears through the 2011 season.

Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

Urlacher, the ninth overall pick in the 2000 draft, has 527 career tackles. He's led the Bears in stops in each of his first three seasons, averaging 175 a year.

With 214 tackles last season, he set a franchise record, shattering the previous mark of 190 set by Hall of Famer Dick Butkus in 1972. He won rookie of the year honors in 2000.

In addition to being Chicago's top defensive player, Urlacher has quickly become a fan favorite. He's earned Pro Bowl honors each season and was the top defensive vote-getter by fans last year. His jersey was the top seller in the NFL last season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version