Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60447 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2003, 12:49 PM »
Purple Reign Baby!  3-0 and the Packers Lose...oh baby

Congratulations to the Vikings.  I will be happy to give them their props, because they have totally earned it.  They're looking like a major force in the NFC North.  About time someone is doing better than the damn Packers.

It's easy to dominate when you're playing in a weak division. The Bears? The Lions? On top of that, the Vikings have a very easy schedule. Cardinals, Chargers, Packers, Lions, Bears, Raiders, Falcons. Does it get any easier?  :-*

Oh yeah...coming from the guy who's team lost to the Panthers...at least they are beating the teams they are supposed to be beating.  Culpepper's injury doesn't sound to good though...hopefully he misses minimal time.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2003, 12:54 PM »
It's easy to dominate when you're playing in a weak division. The Bears? The Lions? On top of that, the Vikings have a very easy schedule. Cardinals, Chargers, Packers, Lions, Bears, Raiders, Falcons. Does it get any easier?  :-*

You make a very good point there Cory.
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2003, 01:15 PM »
I wouldn't exactly call the Raiders, Falcons and Packers easy.  Granted they're not doing that great so far this year, but they were all playoff teams last year.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2003, 01:21 PM »
good point Mikey :-*

And before you counter Cory with well the Panthers are good this year, why can't the Vikings be much improved as well?  They added a ton of vets to the D and their O-Line is probably the best in the NFL with a nod toward KC as well.  Granted their D is no Tampa but it is enough to have them 3-0 with two road wins in the division.  I'll take 3-0 over 2-1 Sour Grapes any day

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2003, 02:57 PM »
Boy, if things don't turn around pretty quickly for any of my teams, it looks like I'll be writing off this NFL season as a total loss.  Raiders, Rams and Packers all faltering at an underachieving and pathetic 1-2 record each.   :-\

Couple bright spots are the solid play from the Colts and Bills, both of whom I root for a little bit on the side as well.

And of course it's a beautiful thing to see the 49'ers floundering at a sorry 1-2 as well!!!   ;D  (sorry Josh  ;))

Hopefully things make a turn for the better soon, or I may be a very infrequent visitor to this thread throughout the remainder of the season!   :P

I'm sure Scott's one happy fool right about now though...   :-*
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 02:58 PM by JediMAC »

Jango Fettish

« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2003, 07:10 PM »
I wouldn't exactly call the Raiders, Falcons and Packers easy.  Granted they're not doing that great so far this year, but they were all playoff teams last year.

That's last year, and without Michelle Vick, the Falcons are pushovers.

Can't do like so many other teams and rest on your laurels, then end up putting all the weight on your quarterbacks shoulders, instead of your grossly overpaid MVP's and loud mouthed wide recievers.

It's fantastic that the Vikings are actually working to build their offense up and escape the Denny Green era, but defense wins games, and I think they'll be tested fairly soon.

As for my Bucs, I have to say that our offense has grown leaps and bounds since last year, making them an even bigger threat. Vicius has a torn ACL, so we signed a certain player that will be "Snoop-ing" around, sure to be equally as "Mennis-ing".  8)

The Panthers game? Teams lose, you know? That day, Tampa Bay couldn't get it together, and Carolina had 1 guy who won the game for them. **** happens.

The seasons early, and hopefully, like last year this 2-1 start will lead down the same road as last year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2003, 10:08 AM »
The Vikes move to 4-0 after dominating the 49ers, it wasn't even close

I'll also say this Defense is probably their best since the '98 and might even be as good as the one they had in the late 80's and early 90's with Doleman, Henry Thomas, Al Noga and Keith Millard.

They should handle the Falcons and be 5-0 going into the bye.  Then it gets tough with the AFC West, Packers, Giants, Rams and Seahawks.  So while I am glad they are 4-0 I think 10-6, 11-5 is more realistic

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2003, 10:26 AM »
Raiders, Rams and Packers all faltering at an underachieving and pathetic 1-2 record each.   :-\

Ok, the Rams are now even at 2-2.  It's going to be a long season......(don't even ask about the Lions) :'(
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2003, 12:40 PM »
The Bears play the Packers tonight and should be a good game.  The Packers are coming off a loss to the Cardinals (what a joke), and the Bears play in their newly revamped stadium.  Can't wait to watch this game, even though the Bears are going to probably get killed.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2003, 12:42 PM »
I'll be rooting for the Bears tonight, seeing Beth Farve get beat on national TV is always a treat plus then the Vikes will be 3 games up on everyone!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2003, 01:49 PM »
seeing Beth Farve

I think Scott is still delirious about the Vikings record... :-* ;)
I'll be pulling for the Bears just to tick off the office Packer fans.
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2003, 01:52 PM »
Not delrious...just cognisant of the fact that Beth has been playing like a little girl for a while now, especially when he cries after games :-*

There are many office packer fans here as well and I always love to see them lose!  Its been a long 2 years!

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2003, 03:03 PM »
Hey now leave my Beth Favre alone :)     I will be the first to admit I am a diehard Packer fan but I will have to agree with Scott,  Brett has been playing like crap, but I won't count him out just yet ;) Tonight I think it will be all Packers though,
  Scott, I will admit the Vikes look pretty damn good so far.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: October 9, 2003, 02:55 PM »
Bye week coming up for the Vikes but nonetheless some awesome games in Week 6, Chiefs-Pack and Colts-Panthers should both be awesome...also Bucs-Skins, Giants-Pats and Broncos-Steelers have a lot of meaning for the winner and loser, even this early in the season

Last week was awesome...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2003, 06:25 PM »
Please tell me that Junior Seau didn't really just say what my wife said she heard on the radio he said...

I'll give you a hint:  It involved fried chicken and watermelon...   :o   :-\

On an even more unpleasant note, my Raiders are done for.  Tim Brown got stuck by KC on the 1 yard line for the game tying touchdown as time expired.  Put a fork in us...   :'(  From Super Bowl to Super Bore.  Just too damned old, I guess.  How much do you think Jerry Rice is regretting his decision to come back for just one more season now?!

On a somewhat brighter note, the Rams have gotten back into the swing of things the last few weeks, and are looking pretty solid.  Though I'm a little less excited about them when the formerly entertaining and record setting duo of Faulk and Warner aren't the ones doing the damage.  'Dems was good times...  Oh well.  Still some good play on both ends of the field right now!

I'm a little surprised a certain Vikequeen fan hasn't been in here lately, raising all kinds of raucous over a certain undefeated team up in the great North.  Damned spectacular play by Moss this weekend to end the first half of their game...   8)

Some seriously surprising 5-1 teams in the NFC right now too: Cowboys, Seahawks and Panthers.  Say what?!   ???

So, how's everyone else's teams doin' out there??  (Sarge, you don't have to comment if you don't like)