Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60440 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2003, 07:51 AM »
Obviously its been all about baseball the last few weeks in Beantown, but now that it's sadly over, the Patriots will be front page sports news now.  And they are quietly 5 - 2 after a huge OT win against Miami in Miami, where they never win in October or November.  And they're doing it with a slew of injuries, especially on defense.  They're playing Belichick football - its not always pretty but it gets the job done.  They play the Browns at home this week and then travel to Denver.  Its quite possible they could be 7 - 2 going into their bye week.  After the bye week, they have national game with the Tuna returning to Foxboro with his surprise Cowboys.  

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2003, 04:34 PM »
No Matt I don't mind commenting  ;)

What can I say The Pack is terrible so far this season. WTF are they doing?  The KC lose was the last straw. Plus our terrific free agent signings are really paying off**cough cough Joe Johnson**  O well theres always next year  ;)
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Jango Fettish

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2003, 11:11 PM »
Being a Buc's fan, I am at a loss for words. It seems like I was taunting the Raiders for having a Super Bowl hangover, and now it seems like the Buc's wheels are falling off.

Now that B.K. returned from surgery, only to be sidelined for the rest of the year, it's going to be hard to push on with so many starters lost for so long.

Buc's Defense has no excuse for playing poorly. I'm just shocked.

I am glad to see Quincy Carter finally get some recognition. I was sure he was just going to become the next Ryan Leaf.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2003, 11:41 AM »
Huge Game on Sunday for the Pack and not so much the Vikes...a Vikes win puts them 4 games up and a lock on the North Race.  A loss puts them only 2 games up and still sitting pretty good

With Farvee's thumb, the Pack's record at Metrodome and their recent woes and a horrible D, I think the Vikes will win and win handily :-*

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2003, 12:40 PM »
  Surprisingly I haven't heard all that much on the local news about Bretts thumb- wait till after the game if they lose and I probably will hear more :-\  Anyway I don't think Favre will be the main issue on sundays game- I think the defence or lack of will be the main factor- I am sure Favre will have his 2 ints.   But you never know the Giants gave me some hope ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: November 3, 2003, 02:20 PM »
No gloating from Wayne this morning :D

What a horrible game by the Vikes D...absolutely awful.  They are reverting back to last year with horrible, horrible tackling.  Favre as much as I hate him played his brains out last night, big win for the Pack, the Vikes could have buried them but gave them hope :-\

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 3, 2003, 03:29 PM »
No Scott I was going to just let it slide I figured you probably felt bad enough as it is ;)

I will admit I was as shocked as you as to the way the Pack played. Favre played the way he should be playing and the rest of the team held their own.  It was a big win that we needed to just keep playoff hopes alive. There were some very good games around the NFL this past weekend though.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #142 on: November 4, 2003, 05:03 AM »
No gloating from Wayne this morning :D

What a horrible game by the Vikes D...absolutely awful.  They are reverting back to last year with horrible, horrible tackling.  Favre as much as I hate him played his brains out last night, big win for the Pack, the Vikes could have buried them but gave them hope :-\

Wayne wasn't the one that wanted to come in here and gloat/talk $h!t...  A certain Mrs. JediMAC wanted the password to come in and get a piece of one OCB - especially after I told her you call her boy Beth!   :P  But fortunately I kept the password locked up safe, and she couldn't unload on you Scott, 'cause she was pretty fired up and ready to go (especially after drinking a few beers).   :-X

You can thank me later Scott...   ;)

Was a nice game by Beth Brett though, wasn't it...?

On a much sadder note - the Raiders season is over.  They officially SUCK, and suck BAD.   >:(  Rams got spanked too.  Not digging football so much this season so far...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 4, 2003, 07:21 AM »
That was the best MNF game I've seen in a long time and thankfully the Pats won.  They are now 7 - 2 heading into their bye week, which should help them tremendously, as they are dealing with a slew of injuries.  They have started 40 different players this season :o When a team does that, they usually suck, but this team finds a way to get it done.  Bill Belichick should get some Coach of the Year consideration with the work he's done.

After the bye week, the Big Tuna comes back to Foxboro and brings his NFC East leading Cowboys with him to Razor Field.  Should be interesting.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #144 on: November 4, 2003, 09:58 AM »
Great Game last night agreed...Pats showed something and it amazing that they are doing all of this with tons of injuries!  The Colts-Bucs game was the best Game of the year but last night was also a doozy.  Took a lot to take that safety and then stop the Broncos and then score the TD.

I am super mad because Jason Elam is my kicker in my real Fantasy Football league, I lost by 4 points  >:(  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #145 on: November 9, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Man, do the Chicago Bears suck.  I really hope there are SEVERAL changes after this season (i.e. getting rid of coaching staff).  This team is such an embarassment to the city of Chicago.   >:(
dustrho

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 9, 2003, 08:35 PM »
yeah, my seahwaks sucked the big one today too... looks like they are remembering that they are the seahawks, and the printer's at the local newspaper have been putting their record in backwards  ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #147 on: November 9, 2003, 10:42 PM »
I'm not going to comment on the Bolts Vikes game either :-X

Just hoping for an Eagles win at Lambeau tomorrow

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #148 on: November 9, 2003, 10:58 PM »
Just hoping for an Eagles win at Lambeau tomorrow

Same here.
dustrho

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2003, 09:25 PM »
I don't have much to add here (much bigger fan of college football than of pro), but the next time I hear the asinine phrase "The Ohio State University", from one of those Monday Night Football, talking-head player introductions, I'm going to pull an Elvis and put a bullet through the television.

Shut the **** up.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."