Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60790 times)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2003, 02:36 PM »
Mike wasn't a crackhead, he was a cokehead. And he wasn't a rapist, he was caught doing lines off a hookers boobs in a hotel. The rape allegations by that tittydancer were proven false because a local reporter got her to say all that crap. When they got into court, she rescinded and the reporter got fired. Not saying Mike was an upstanding citizen, but he wasn't a rapist.

And one of the classiest guys ever to suit up in the NFL played here too: Roger Staubach, the Cardiac Kid.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2003, 02:48 PM »
Fair enough, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you were actually in Dallas, whereas all I heard was the opinion of the Philadelphia media, a media who hated all things Cowboys.  

I don't doubt the Cowboys have or have had class act players, but coming from an area that hates the Cowboys, all you remember is the bad.

I may be wrong, but isn't crack just rock cocaine, so I wasn't too far off in calling Irvin a crackhead.  Crack or coke, it doesn't make a difference.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2003, 03:23 PM »
Right, it is always best to believe the Media...especially from a place were fans put batteries in snow balls and that crappy turf ended the career of the guy you are trying to crucify.

I'm sure Dallas is the not only place that has had players who got into trouble...

Besides Keyshawn couldn't play with Galloway and Glenn, we'd have to get rid of one of their Salaries to fit him in.  The problem would be we don't have a quarter back that can get him the ball, unless he likes it thrown behind him.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2003, 05:11 PM »
Hey, at least we don't have a pro bowl murderer playing middle linebacker like the Ravens. Or have a WR who shot his pregnant girlfriend to death like the team we play Sunday (although he no longer plays for the Panthers). Our former all-pro guard IS in jail for smuggling marijuana and getting caught TWICE!!! But, a little weed never hurt nobody (joking).

And yes, crack and cocaine are the same, more or less. I was just splitting hairs...

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2003, 04:37 PM »
Yeah, the 8-3 Cowboys haven't beaten any good teams this year... ::)

8-3 Cowboys 24
8-3 Panthers 20

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2003, 07:31 AM »
Well it only took until week 12 for the Cowboys to beat a team with a winning record.  Good for them.  They still won't win the division, though.

And Ray Lewis was acquited of the murder charge (or not charged at all, I don't remember).  

The Pats are now 9-2, but man was that an ugly win yesterday.  Almost 500 yards of offense against less than 200 yards for the Texans (Kevin Faulk had more all purpose yards than the entire Texans team) but three turnovers by Tom Brady almost cost them the game.  It took almost the entire OT period to win, but a win is a win and we're sitting pretty.  

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2003, 08:14 AM »
Well it only took until week 12 for the Cowboys to beat a team with a winning record.  Good for them.  They still won't win the division, though.

Actually, the Cowboys have already beaten the Eagles this year. Are they not 8-3 as well? Hmmm, 2-0 against the other top 2 teams in the NFC this year. Not too shabby.  ;D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2003, 09:22 AM »
The Eagles were 2-2 when the Cowboys beat them, so technically they didn't beat a team with a winning record until week 12.  When they can beat teams like Carolina consistently, then I'll praise them.  Even then, they won't get much praise from me.  

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2003, 10:20 AM »
Right, it is always best to believe the Media...especially from a place were fans put batteries in snow balls and that crappy turf ended the career of the guy you are trying to crucify.

And they booed Santa Claus.  So what?  ;)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2003, 01:19 PM »
OK, your qualification of which teams are good and which are not is kind of whack. Except for the undefeated teams at the time, pretty much most of the decent teams were at .500 or worse. Cincinatti, who is on FIRE right now, was 1-3. So Philly at 2-2 still qualified as a good team which the Cowboys beat. The Cowboys also beat "one of the best teams in the NFC" yesterday. When the 49ers won all those Super Bowls in the 80s, they never played a good team except for their AFC games or the playoffs. The Rams were sorry, the Falcons were sorry and the Saints were sorry all through most of the 80s. Are you going to sit there and say the 49ers, based on their season record, weren't any good?

Your Pats got skunked 31-0 by Buffalo, whom the Cowboys beat. The Rams were 2-2 when we beat Philly, too. Are the Rams a bad team at 8-3? Your logic about which tema are good and bad holds no argument. If the Cowboys were (and I know it's a long shot) go on to win the Super Bowl, you would find some other thing to nitpick: "they didn't win by 35 points!"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2003, 02:24 PM »
I said they never beat a team with a winning record until week 12.  Period. Last time I checked, 2-2 isn't a winning record.  Are the Eagles a good team?  Yes.  The Panthers?  Yes.  But the fact is the Cowboys didn't beat a team with a winning record until week 12.  I never denied the Cowboys aren't a good team, hell I've seen it first hand when they played the Pats.  I don't deny the fact that Parcels really turned your program around.  But until the Cowboys prove to me that they can hang with the "big boys", they haven't proved anything to me.  Was Carolina a step in the right direction.  Absolutely.  Do it consistently and I'll change my opinion.  And my promise still stands:  if the Cowboys happen to win their division, then I'll come in here like a man and admit I was wrong.  

But that also means if they don't win their division, I can come in here and gloat, right?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 02:27 PM by Mikey D »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2003, 02:53 PM »
Actually, I'm wrong.  The Cowboys beat the Giants, who were 1-0, in week 2.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2003, 03:47 PM »
I'm with Mikey on this one I think the Eagles will win the division and are a better team than the Cowboys...I haven't seen them beat anyone real spectacular to make me a believer yet.  They play in a weak conference and a weak division.  The NFC in general is down.  They have beaten teams at home as well...which they should be doing

I think they are for sure in the top 6 in the NFC but I think they are one and out due to a horrible Offense.  If they had a better O I think I would think a little better of them

I also wish the Vikes would have taken R Williams and Newman instead of McKinnie and K Williams (if they had had the chance)...those guys are awesome...the whole D is fun to watch.  

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2003, 07:34 PM »
I'm with Mikey on this one I think the Eagles will win the division and are a better team than the Cowboys...I haven't seen them beat anyone real spectacular to make me a believer yet.  They play in a weak conference and a weak division.  The NFC in general is down.  They have beaten teams at home as well...which they should be doing

You say the Cowboys haven't beaten anybody, but who have the Eagles beaten this year to make you a believer in them? Nobody, that's who. The record of the Eagles opponents this year is 54-64, while the Cowboys opponents are 53-66. Pretty much the same. They both have played the Bucs and the Pats, and have both lost them both. Very even. The only difference is, the Cowboys have the #1 defense in the NFC, and by a long ways, while the Eagles D is only mediocre statistically speaking, and for the offense, they both are almost the same in both yards per game and also points scored.

The real test for both these teams will be the next 2-3 weeks. The Cowboys play the Dolphins and then the Eagles, while the Eagles play Carolina, Dallas and Miami. We'll pretty much now after these games who's taken that division. But I do believe both teams will make the playoffs.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2003, 08:44 PM »
You say the Cowboys haven't beaten anybody, but who have the Eagles beaten this year to make you a believer in them? Nobody, that's who.

Well look at that!  Took someone bad mouthin' Jim's 'Boys to wake him from his hibernation!  How ya' been, Jim?!   :-*

I tried the same with Brent in the NBA thread, but it didn't work too well, 'cause he knows his Celtics suck ass.

My Raiders blew another one on Sunday, losing to the Chiefs on a game ending field goal.  Pathetic.  First to worst.

At least the Rams and Pack keep pluggin' away, and are looking pretty solid.  We'll see what happens come playoff time though.  Until then, consider me relatively uninterested in this fairly uneventful season.   :-\