Author Topic: JediDefender Driving Thread  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Parallel parking...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 02:57 AM »
I used to have a Jeep CJ-7 and it was pretty easy to parallel park with, since with the top down and doors off you can see pretty much everything around you.

They're really fun to drive, as long as you have the discomfort tolerance and necessary stupidity. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 11:17 AM »
I don't personally mind parrallel parking.  However, the jerkoffs behind me on the road never give me enough time to do it.  Honk!  Honk! Honk!  That's when Broem busts out the middle finger and will probably be shot to death someday when he does it to the wrong person :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 03:44 PM »
They're really fun to drive, as long as you have the discomfort tolerance and necessary stupidity

Oh man!  We took my buddy Dan's from Pittsburgh to Chicago to see our friend Eric who was out there for school, and we drug his girlfriend with us because he basically invited her ( rolleyes )...  It was about an 8 to 9 hour drive in one with maybe 2 stops on the way to stretch our legs.

Never, ever, again...  Never.   >:(

First off, the drive from Pittsburgh to Chicago is boring.  You go through Northern Ohio and Northern Indiana.  Those two places SUCK.  Flat, desolate, baren in many places.  It just sucked.

To make it worse though, it was cold-ish when we went so no top down...  It was like late April, but still cold that year.

It just sucked...  The entire thing.  Uncomfortable as all get out.  In the city the Jeep was a plus though because once in Chicago we were fighting ina nd out of traffic, maneuvering into tight parking, and the Jeep performed well.  The trip there was hell though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Driving Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 04:19 PM »
There's nothing better than riding in a jeep in the early may and june mornings, with the Beatles blasting over the sound system on your way to school.

Those were the best of times.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 04:59 PM »
I'm amazed at how many people don't know how to parallel park.  Watching people in small cars (like a VW Bug) trying to park in a space I can get a bus in, I can't help but chuckle.  Living in the city for years, you learn to park in whatever spot is available, no matter how seemingly small it is. 

Amen to this, it ain't that hard.  I took my driver's test with a '75 Mercury 500 (might have been a Ford) and that car is about 22 feet long and 10 feet wide.  Parking little cars now is a snap.  Jesse's diagram is pretty good actually.  I very nearly get out of my car with the sole purpose of slapping someone that tries to put the nose of a vehicle into a space first.  No understanding of mechanics at all.  Walmart shoppers ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 06:59 PM »
I dislike bike riders who ride with absolutley no reflectors, and all black clothes just after dusk. I almost hit a kid because he was in my driving zone, and none of us saw him. And the killer part was, he didn't look older than 12. Where are the parents at? ::) I remeber when I was a kid my bike had reflectors on the tires, the back seat, the front, and my helmet was reflective. And by God, I had to wear a flashing red light on my shirt if I was out past 5:30, or 8:00 when it was the summer.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 07:38 PM »
This is another driving situation I don't like in my town.  We have two lanes that turn left at a traffic light.  Once you make that left turn there is a right turn up the road not that far away.  For whatever reason people purposely like to gun it from the left lane into the right lane to make this particular right hand turn.  The folks in the right lane be damned.  Why?  Wouldn't it be easier if you just stayed in the right lane to begin with?  I could see if you thought there was no way you were going to make the first light.  But these are jerks that are like 2 or 3 cars back in the left lane.  That's it.  They knew the turn was coming. 

Eh, you have to see it to understand fully my frustration at this one light.  Happens everday there and it gets old.