Author Topic: JD.com Review: Dagobah Luke & Yoda!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
JD.com Review: Dagobah Luke & Yoda!
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:37 PM »

Up for your viewing pleasure is the OTC's dynamic duo, Luke and Yoda, Dagobah Training!

Easily two of the most needed resculpts for the modern line, Yoda has never looked better, and neither has Luke, but does that make good figures?  Well I'd say yes, and I'd say no.  I think the majority may be against me on Luke, but I found him wanting as an action figure...  A nice resculpt yes, but not much of a fun toy, which really hurts him in my eyes.

Still, Hasbro has some innovative ideas here, and the two go together great as a neat little set.  They look fantabulous on a shelf, there's no denying that.

Read my review though RIGHT HERE and get all the skinny.  I think these are two worth purchasing, but I'd buy Luke again if he included just a little something extra in the arm department. 

Ya know, cuz I likes to pose my toys!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: JD.com Review: Dagobah Luke & Yoda!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 03:28 AM »
JJ, as always a good review, but I was kinda surprised you didn't discuss at all the interlocking of the handstand arms and the display base. I thought that the grooves for the hands in the base was a nice touch that when it works, works nicely. It's a pro and a con in my eyes, because I've had my Luke fall over a few times, especially with Yoda standing on Luke's feet.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: JD.com Review: Dagobah Luke & Yoda!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Yeah Jason, it was a nice touch...  I just didn't mention it though because it wasn't a stand-out to me I guess.  It's the way his stand worked was all, so I guess I felt I was including that by mentioning the stand itself.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Luke I guess...  Underwhelmed by the arms and all, I was sorta down on this one after that.  Though as a figure he's great in most ways up TO the arms.

I hope to have a fix for that in the near future.  Unfortunately VOTC Luke's arms tend not to match up to Dagobah Luke as well as I'd like them to.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77