Author Topic: vOTC Photos in the JD Image Database  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
vOTC Photos in the JD Image Database
« on: March 17, 2005, 04:47 PM »
For those that may have missed it on the main page last week, we've updated the JediDefender Image Database with some fantastic high-res loose and packaged photos of the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection figures.  Click on a figure below to access the Image Database Entry for that figure!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: vOTC Photos in the JD Image Database
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Nice work fellas (esp Jared!), I've been screwing around with my VOTC figures the past week or so and I've started to warm a little of Luke, Leia and Ben

The rest are actually passable versions, even R2 and 3PO.  I'd of preferred a SA 3PO and a better R2 but they work

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 05:43 PM »
To me, that's the marketing campain shot of a lifetime that Hasbro SHOULD have been using.  Little vision there on their part.  That just looks kickass.

Way to go man. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 8, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Took me a bit to peek into this thread, but that overall pic is cool.  Nice work everyone on all of the images.  I agree with Scott, although I really liked this line overall from the start, the few figures I wasn't exactly crazy about (Luke, Ben) have grown on me more since then.  I'd say, aside from the posability, its mainly the head of 3PO that bothers me the most.  The rest of the figures (and paintjob) really aren't too bad...although the new ROTS one seems better.  I hope we see more figures of this VOTC-esque quality in the future.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2005, 01:06 PM »
Chewie is one of the better, I like Obi Wan but I'm a sucker for the character, Luke hmmm . . . .he still hasn't grown on me and neither did Leia, Yoda also. In this case I think that some of the soft goods got in the way of the articulation (and I LOVE soft goods). Love the Vader and Stormie of course.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Overall I like those 12 quite a bit though.  I need to buy another set to open them though.  I really wanted a carded set of these since I will never have the vintage ones carded.  Way too much money for me to get those. 

Yeah, C-3PO really was the one that was a major disappointment for me.  I absolutely love Chewbacca, Han Solo, Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper.  Vader is nice to along with Lando Calrissian and R2-D2.  Kenobi, Leia, and Luke are kind of good but odd looking at the same time.  Yoda is pretty decent really.  I like that OTC better though.   

At least there was an attempt to make superior versions of these characters.  I hope someday they will continue this line.  Or the attempt at a higher quality version of the main characters like this in other outfits.

I would love to see them make a Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise like these.  Along with Luke Jedi Knight, Luke Bespin, etc.