Author Topic: JD.com Review: Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah)  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
JD.com Review: Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah)
« on: March 17, 2005, 06:03 PM »

Didn't want to let this go...  My news post on the Spirit Ben already has found its way to the bottom of our front page!  :)  News is just hectic at this time of year I guess, hehe.

Anyway, up next is Original Trilogy Collection Spirit Obi-Wan Kenobi (Dagobah Wave), and this is a dandy of a figure with what I wholely expect to be made into an "alive" repainted version some day as well.  Would I turn my nose to that?  Hell no!

Click Right Here and read the full review, and of course share your opinions here if you'd like or form your own review...  Whatever.

Me, I enjoyed this figure...  It's a massive update.  I'd dig a Ben who could sit since he did sit to explain some junk to Luke, but how does one pull softgoods off in spirit form?  I like to think of myself as a seasoned customizer, and even I'm at a loss on that one short of using the utmost in pliable plastic for the skirt...

It's possible if you went that route though, as there's currently some Germans with trenchcoats in the X-Treme Detail line that the coat flexes tremendously.

I don't know how that would turn out though on a spirit character.

My biggest gripe with Ben though is he makes the other characters in spirit form just look flat out bad at this point.  Yikes!  Hopefully they get redone, and though I'd expect a new Spirit Anakin, I'd like the old style Anakin done up too...  For the nostalgia.  I mean, just use the same mold, ya know?

But, Ben's pretty good... Sparse on accessories like R2 was, but he fleshed out that wave well so just read the review and of course you're welcome to join in the picking of nits if you'd like!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:03 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: JD.com Review: Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 06:09 PM »
I didn't like it until it was given to me as a gift and I opened it. Once you have it in your hands its pretty darn cool. I wish they'd make the other spirits like this.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: JD.com Review: Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Spirits and Holographics too.  That Holo Emperor SUCKS. 

Part of me would love casting a full size GG bust in translucent resin for a giant Emperor head...  That little SSW.com exclusive blew though.

The Holo Sidious was miles superior to that...  Dunno why we got the same thing for $10 that we got basically for free from Frito Lay some years prior.   ::)  And both sucked, but it sucks less when it's free, ya know?  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77