Author Topic: PT Showings May 18th-19th?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
PT Showings May 18th-19th?
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Has anyones Movie Theatres announced a showing of the first three movies in a row? I know it did overwhelmingly well with Lord of the Rings here, so I figure it's only a matter of time before they do it with the Star Wars Prequal Trilogy. I figure the first two will be shown the night of the 18th, and then they will hit us with Episode 3 Return of the Sith, to cap off the evening.

So? Any one ehard of this?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: PT Showings May 18th-19th?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 10:08 PM »
I haven't heard anything definite about this type of thing yet, but it would be a great opportunity, even if it isn't a "lead-in" thing and is done at some point after a few weeks have gone by and "Generic Lindsay Lohan Film Number 274" has taken over the number one spot due to the rapidly declining ability of a section of the populace to discern when Hollywood has run out of ideas.

(I mean, really, did we need a "hip" and updated version of "Herbie" just so we can see Lindsay Lohan jiggle around on screen for 90 minutes?  It seems she's doing that well enough on her own these days...)

Anyway, I would love to see them do a prequel marathon and I'll go one step further and say how cool it would be to do an all-day Saga marathon on the big screen.  Start at around noon or so, and the final destruction of the second Death Star would occur right at midnight.  Of course, this would have to be timed out perfectly, but I would imagine it could be done.

I can see it now though...Comic Shop Guy harassing the people at the theater because he only wants to see the last three films, thus "qualifying" him for a half-price ticket.   ::)

Maybe I'll just watch Episodes I and II at home, drive to see III in the theater, and come home and watch IV, V, and VI on DVD.  At least at home my feet don't stick to the floor (most of the time, anyway) and I don't have to deal with rude people who need to have their cell phones forcibly inserted into their anuses.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
Re: PT Showings May 18th-19th?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 12:56 PM »
IMaybe I'll just watch Episodes I and II at home, drive to see III in the theater, and come home and watch IV, V, and VI on DVD.  At least at home my feet don't stick to the floor (most of the time, anyway) and I don't have to deal with rude people who need to have their cell phones forcibly inserted into their anuses.

That sounds like your best bet to me.

With the recent talk of making the SW films 3-D I'm betting we get all six a little later this year or early next year (Hmm, Christmas sounds good). Perhaps they could show both trilogy's a month or so apart as I doubt many would be willing to sit through all six films in one day except for folks like us.