Author Topic: Baby Russell arrived, 03/20/05  (Read 5106 times)

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Russell arrived, 03/20/05
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Congrats Deanpaul!! Looks like he just squeaked into the Pisces pool! Hope all is going well for you and the family.

And sorry for the late congrats. Our second daughter was born March 3rd, and after a month of being a full-time dad to our first daughter, I'm unfortunately back at work (and have time to post again).

Congrats, again!! :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 4, 2005, 10:12 AM »
Congrats Deanpaul!! Looks like he just squeaked into the Pisces pool! Hope all is going well for you and the family.

And sorry for the late congrats. Our second daughter was born March 3rd, and after a month of being a full-time dad to our first daughter, I'm unfortunately back at work (and have time to post again).

Congrats, again!! :)

Back at work = away from your new daughter
Back at work = time to post here

Double edge sword, Stormie! Glad you're back. Thanks for the congratulations, nice to have other new dad company around. Soon we can compare lost accessories and tooth marked figure stories. My first two kids have been good about not biting figures, but if it's an accessory or ball jointed head it's never with the figure anymore.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2005, 04:52 PM »
What a cute kid!  Must take after mom!

Did you say you have three other kids?

What are their ages - any potty training tips? 

:D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: April 4, 2005, 04:55 PM »
ruiner - My son Max (just turned 3) has been trained for at least 6 months now.  We sat him on the pot after every meal until he did the deed.  It takes a lot of time but he got the hang of it.  Bladder control was a little bit trickier.  We tried a few times to force him to wear underwear but it was really no use.  So we decided to wait until he told us he was ready.  Which was around 6 months ago.  Man what a relief that was!

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 4, 2005, 05:05 PM »
I agree with Scott. The kid needs to be ready or it's not going to work out.

Our daughter Savannah is five. She was trained before our son was born, when she was 2. It was her idea, and pee was easier than poop. We actually bought a doll as a "reward" to get the ball rolling. The doll was put on a high shelf, and the first time she was successful on the toilet the doll came down. If there was an "accident", the doll returned to the shelf until the next time she was successful, which usually didn't take long.

She still wears a pull-up to bed, and had an accident on the couch just yesterday when she fell asleep there.

Our middle son Leif is 2 1/2 and shows no interest, so we've left it alone with the new baby coming because we didn't want to deal with a regression. I'm planning a lot of time spent in the yard with him this summer, no diaper, tied to a stake.

Obviously, the 2 week old Finn is still working on the concept of indoor plumbing.

Where are you at in the process?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 4, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I'm planning a lot of time spent in the yard with him this summer, no diaper, tied to a stake.

Wow...

Just...wow.

I think I was Potty trained at just 2 years.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline sfg

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 4, 2005, 06:24 PM »
The best way to potty train a child is the same way as a dog.  Let him run around with no diaper and if he has an accident on the floor, rub his face in it while beating him with a newspaper, shouting "bad boy! bad, bad boy!"

8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: April 4, 2005, 06:42 PM »
I'm planning a lot of time spent in the yard with him this summer, no diaper, tied to a stake.

The best way to potty train a child is the same way as a dog.  Let him run around with no diaper and if he has an accident on the floor, rub his face in it while beating him with a newspaper, shouting "bad boy! bad, bad boy!"

Oh my.  So there ya' have it.  Some top notch parenting advice right there, for sure.   :P

So how's the dog comin' along Dp?  Even angrier than before, now?  Poor guy.  Can't wait to see his expression in next year's Christmas card...   :-\

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 4, 2005, 07:53 PM »
So how's the dog comin' along Dp?  Even angrier than before, now?  Poor guy.  Can't wait to see his expression in next year's Christmas card...   :-\

Why wait until Christams? The dog is pissed now.

*note the licking of chops.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: April 4, 2005, 07:55 PM »
Oh dear.  Yeah.  Please don't let him eat the poor baby.  Please.  :'(

BTW, did I miss the news, or are you guys still lagging on naming the poor tike?  ::)

Finn.  Nevermind.  Where's that come from/what does that mean?

Like Huck?
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 07:56 PM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 5, 2005, 04:35 AM »
A BELATED Congratulations to you Deanpaul!
I remember my dream now.