Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101343 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Our puppy "Keeper"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 04:44 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Cute puppy Jaybird.

Just thought I'd post a semi-cute Bailey story.  About two weeks ago she came in the house at about 6:30 in the morning (I leave the back door open for her so she can go out on nights I don't have an alert the next day) and she hopped up on the bed meowing like crazy.

I gave her a little ear scratching and rolled over to go back to sleep when I noticed she had brought me a present....a snake!  It was a garter snake about 1.5 to 2 ft long and STILL ALIVE!  Needless to say I didn't need coffee to wake up that morning!  :o

I had a nice long chat with Bailey telling her I appreciated the gesture, but please....no more live snakes in the bed!  :)
« Last Edit: April 6, 2006, 12:29 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Yep...I have a total of 4...2 dogs, 2 cats.  Golden Retriever is 11, Rottweiler/Black Lab mix..not sure how old he is either, we adopted him..and 2 stray cats....Mittens is 15 and I am not sure how old Midnight is. 

Here are my beasties!!!

Brownie

Goldie

Mittens

Midnight

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2005, 09:27 PM »
You guys are killing me with all of the cute pups :(  It was so weird to come home tonite and not have Hannah here.  I love Keeper -- what a cutie!  When the kids get bigger when plan on getting a Golden. :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 5, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Just got a 9wk old pup that was a survivor/transplant from Katrina.

Here's Maggie...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 6, 2006, 12:16 AM »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #126 on: April 6, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Awww. Isn't that cute? :)

Here's a few pictures of my best buddy. His name is Blizzard he is half Australian Sheppard and half Border Collie.

He has never been a big fan of bath time and normally will jump right out of his little tub the second he is left alone, but for some reason on this day when my dad went inside to get some more soap he just sat there for a good 5-10 minutes until my dad came back.

Awhile back we came home and found that Blizzard had got up onto the couch wedged himslef in between two cushions and decided to take a nap.

Me and my Brother discovered a family of Raccoons in one of our trees one night, Blizzard wanted to come outside too.

"This is the way."

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 6, 2006, 12:38 AM »
UPDATE:

Mittens

We actually had to put this one down just recently due to old age (he was probably 15 years old) but also due to kidney and renal failure.  My parents had him creamated and his urn sits in the cureo cabinet where he can watch over everybody.  It was a tough thing to hear from around 3,000 miles away over the phone but I actually more or less knew it would happen eventually. 

RIP Mittens

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 6, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Erika -- I'm sorry to hear about Mittens :(.  That is such a hard decision to make -- even when you know its then best for them.

Ryan -- I bet Blizzard keeps you guys hopping :).  We used to have a Australian Shepard/Blue Heeler mix.  She ALWAYS wanted to have something to do.  She was forever "herding" us and the other dogs around the house. 

Rob -- your dogs are a hoot -- are they Boston Terriers?  Do they snore and snort and snot and snuffle?  Our pug used to make so much noise -- but she was so funny. :)

iFett -- Maggie is the sweetest little thing!  I miss having a dog(s) around.  We just need to wait until the kids get a little bigger.......

I love looking at everyone's pet pics -- please keep them coming!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 6, 2006, 07:27 AM »

Oh man, those are the best dogs...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #130 on: April 6, 2006, 08:06 AM »
Our puppy "Keeper"

Update: Keeper is a big dog now (10 months) and we just added Walnut (10 weeks) to our family 3 weeks ago.

« Last Edit: April 6, 2006, 08:08 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 6, 2006, 08:55 AM »
I have no pictures at the moment, but I do have two cats.  In two months when my wife and I close and take possession of our new house, I'll be picking up at least one dog...trying to get my wife to let me have two.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 6, 2006, 10:28 AM »
Rob -- your dogs are a hoot -- are they Boston Terriers?  Do they snore and snort and snot and snuffle?

They are.  The older one is about 3 and a half and the younger one is a little over two now.  With the short noses they end up snorting a lot whenever they choke themselves on the leashes... and at other times.  When they drink too much water they throw it back up... and the little one still has potty-training issues and I'm running out of ideas (thank God for concrete floors).  But they're phenomenal dogs, are unbelievably sweet (to people, not necessarily to other dogs...).  We love them to death.  There are a bunch of older pictures a page or two ago if you didn't see them already from when the little one was really little.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 6, 2006, 10:58 AM »
But they're phenomenal dogs, are unbelievably sweet (to people, not necessarily to other dogs...). 

Sounds like pugs.  Ours could pretty much care less about other small dogs, but get them around a big dog and they would turn into Cujo.  They didn't care.

There are a bunch of older pictures a page or two ago if you didn't see them already from when the little one was really little.

I'll have to check them out. :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 6, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Here's Otis - he's always in the middle of everything.