Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101479 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #180 on: March 3, 2008, 09:09 PM »

You may recognize my pet bearded dragon, Irwin, from when I snuck her in with my collection pics. Today I arrived home and found her dead. She very recently developed metabolic bone disease but she was seeming to take a turn for the better. It all happened very fast. I loved her very much, she was really like a kid so it is really hard to see her go.  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 4, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Robo:

Sorry to hear about your dragon.  He looks pretty awesome there with your Dewback. 

One fish.  A beta named Kirby.

I've got a male named Jabba and a female named Luminara.

What do you keep Kirby in?  How long have you had him?

Dressel:

I cruised through some of this reply and realized that I never replied to this.  Kirby lives in my little boy's bedroom in this bowl:  .  It holds about a gallon of water.  I honestly can't believe we've had him this long!

Christmas of '06 we added a pet.  This is Luke.  Luke Skywalker, actually....but we just call him Luke.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 4, 2008, 02:32 PM »
Sorry for the big pics.  If a mod knows how to resize, let me know. 

This here is my little girl, Tinkerbell.  She follows me everywhere I go.  A lab/Staffordshire PB mix.  Wonderful, sweet and super smart dog.  She looks like one of those nasty, human slaying pitbulls doesn't she?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 7, 2008, 10:06 PM »
You may recognize my pet bearded dragon, Irwin, from when I snuck her in with my collection pics. Today I arrived home and found her dead. She very recently developed metabolic bone disease but she was seeming to take a turn for the better. It all happened very fast. I loved her very much, she was really like a kid so it is really hard to see her go.  :'(

Was laid to rest today. :-\
« Last Edit: March 7, 2008, 10:07 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2008, 02:20 AM »
Today we made the difficult decision to put our beloved Rottweiler, Hannah, down because the pain she was in with her battle with bone cancer.  She was a great, loyal friend who could put a smile on my face even if I was having the worst day ever, just by looking at me and wagging her nub of a tail.  Some great things about her that I will never forget:

-How excited she got at meal time. (I swear if she could speak English she would tell people she never ate!)
-How she would bark whenever she heard a doorbell.
-How she scared the living **** out of the pizza delivery guy by getting to the front door before me.  (I think he jumped about 10 feet backwards)
-How loving and gentle she was with children...especially babies.
-How she would let you know you were not done petting her.
-How much she enjoyed our new yard for the last year of her life.

I will miss her greatly.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2008, 02:38 AM »
Oh man, I'm reall sorry to here that Matt. She was a great dog and I really enjoyed watching her. Poor Baker is going to be all alone (not including Bailey and the other cat of course). :'(
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2008, 03:35 AM »
Sorry Matt...  My brother put his cat down the other day because of an illness they couldn't explain... 

We had a cat with bone cancer.  I hand fed him lunchmeat the last couple weeks of his life.  He was just in pain to touch him and had to be put down I recall...  It was the right thing to do even though it hurt.  I totally know how you're feeling...

I'm living with 4 cats and a dog right now.  It's a zoo but they're all important parts of the family.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2008, 01:01 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about Hannah, Matt.  We've had to put down a dog before and it's a tough thing to do, even when you know it's the best thing for them.  It sounds like she had a loving home and had a good life -- what more could a dog ask for? :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Thanks y'all....it's been a tough couple of days, but we are actually looking at adopting another Rottie from a rescue organization here in Colorado.  Hannah was sort of a rescue dog herself (if my wife did not take her from her previous owners when she purchased their house, she was going to have to go to a shelter), so we think it's a good way to honor her.

Her ashes came home yesterday along with a clay paw-print which we will put next to her brother Roscoe's.  I think in the spring, I'll bury her ashes in the yard in a spot where she liked to lay and then bark at anyone walking up the other side of the road behind us.   :)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2008, 12:01 AM »
Today we welcomed Tia, a rescued Rottweiler mix into our home.  Already she and Baker (our Malamute) have been playing and getting along well...and even our cat Bailey has hung out in our media room to watch football.  I knew they would get along, but I didn't realize it woud be in the first few hours!

We adopted her from Rottie Aid.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16 AM »
Congrats on the new dog Matt!  I wish you many years of slobber and long walks with her and your family!  I've grown up with dogs my entire life and it's very sad to let them go so I know how you feel about Hannah.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Just because I don't think we can have enough dogs in the house.  Yesterday we brought home a new puppy!  She's a purebred rottweiler and was whelped 22 January.  She's a little ball of energy and curiosity always trying to check out her new big brother that 9 and a half year old Malamute, Baker and her 4 year old rottie/mix sister, Tia.

Needless to say I slept about two hours last night with trips out to the yard...and on the floor next to her crate since it was her first night away from her litter.

Life is awesome.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2009, 08:54 PM »

Here's a photo of our new Rottweiler.  So damn mennacing!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Adorable is the word I was going to use.   :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2009, 01:21 AM »
Thanks Rob.  She is that and so much more.

Of course in six months she'll look completely different!
This is the way.

I have spoken.