Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101311 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #270 on: October 24, 2012, 09:17 AM »
I say this with sense of sarcasm, a BB gun and small moving targets is a cheap alternative to a rifle range.  ;)
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2012, 04:10 PM »
So my dog got her stitches out today and the cone of shame came off.  Got an A+ from the vet so 4 more weeks of sustained walks and such...

Started nibbling on her incision a few hours ago so cone back on....She's not happy...and I'm not either.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2012, 04:31 PM »
My cat died last nite. Choked to death, I think. I heard a gag noise. He did get hairballs now and then, never had trouble passing them.  He seemed just finer hours earlier.

Had two older cats (16 and 15) die around this time last year, one I had the vet put down. I'm done with pets for awhile. I'm obviously not responsible enough to handle them and I can't take the loss.  :(

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost a cat about a month ago during the night.  She seemed a little strange the night before, and I planned on taking her in the next day, and she passed during the night.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2012, 12:40 AM »
I'm sorry scockery, man that's tough.

He may have had an aneurism though too...  My cat some years ago collapsed and twitched making a gagging type sound and his eyes rolled back.  My brother tried clearing his throat as we thought he choked, and then my brother who was an EMT at the time did a type of CPR on him but he was gone.  We took him to the emergency pet hospital and they let us knwo he'd died of an aneurism and it was pretty much instantaneous.

Cats usually have a reflex to get hairballs up and don't choke on them, as I understand it.

Losing a pet sucks, and I really feel for you.  I was tearing up the other day about my cat I lost just recently.  I'm making a mold for a headstone for where I buried him and it was hard just to make the mold box without starting to lose it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: June 11, 2013, 02:21 PM »
Today I put down my cat Chaos. 

She was 16.  She'd spent almost half my life with me.  She was a beautiful calico, with peach, grey, and white fur.  She had one solid grey paw and for some reason she liked to use it as her weapon if she needed to.  She was so beautiful, when she was young my mother took her to walk in a pet parade and she won first place in it.  She had tons of personality, and always let you know if she was happy, or sad, or angry.

My father actually brought her home one day from work...  A week later, I went and got Tarkin who passed away a short time ago.  They're buried together in my back yard.  They liked to be tied out there and relax or play.  They're back where the wild catnip grows too, which they loved.  They were very close.

She had been losing weight...  When I took her to the vet, he said she had a liver disease older cats get, but we could maybe control it.  I tried, but it hasn't been a week even and her kidneys began shutting down over the weekend.  She stopped eating, and drinking then.  She spent last night with me in bed, looking out the window, yowling now and again looking at nothing outside that I could see.  She never did anything like that before.

She spent a few hours outside this morning.  It's where she wanted to be.  Then my family took her to the vet, brought her home, and buried her.  I have an Indiana Jones German I'm burying with her...  they'd been on the floor because things were a mess while I did work in the house, and this random pile of figures wound up there.  When I wasn't home on weekends, she would go into the room, and walk around with the Indy Germans in her mouth yowling and leaving a trail of just them to my bedroom and my collection room till I got home.  I'm going to leave her one under her stone I'm going to make her.

She was an amazing cat.  I'd never had one like her at all.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:24 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Sorry Jesse.  :(

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54 PM »
Very sorry to hear that, Jesse. Sorry man.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2013, 10:41 PM »
So sorry to hear that Jesse. She sounded like an amazing girl  :'(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Thank you, everyone.  I needed to express it tonight and didn't really have anyone I could do that with.  I knew this thread was a good place for me to remember her.  I appreciate your thoughts. :)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12 AM »
So sorry, man.  :(

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Sorry Jesse.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Sorry for your loss Jesse.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Wow.  Sorry to hear about your loss, Jesse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2013, 02:02 AM »
I want to first thank everyone again, for your kind words...  But unfortunately things have only gotten worse.

I worked this weekend to catch up on some things and was at my girlfriend's place, and was told Friday evening that earlier that day my family had to put my dog down as well.  Her name was Samantha, a Yellow Lab I'd had since shortly after my childhood dog (A black lab named Shena) had passed away.

Sam was older, much like Chaos...  She was very friendly, and big and yellow.  I sort of nicknamed her Yellow Dog after the dog from Funny Farm...  She never left the yard though, unless she was walking with you.  Otherwise she stayed put and was just a great companion, very obedient...  Never hunted though, haha.  My father hated that, but loved her tremendously.

The mail lady even was crying Friday when she stopped...  Sam was her favorite on the route.  I found out Friday evening, went to bed, and struggled through the rest of my weekend.  I'm honestly just emotionally drained at the moment, and exhausted.

Sam fell a couple times Friday...  She's been getting shakey, and the heat this year's really affected her for some reason, more than any year prior.  Friday she fell though, and was confused...  The vet said her eyesight was almost completely gone at this point, and she had a respiratory problem he couldn't fix on top of everything, and her quality of life just wasn't there now...  I'm just upset I wasn't home to help my poor parents dig her grave, as she was every bit theirs as she was mine, and it really was hard on them too.

I appreciate everyone's kind things and thoughts they've shared.  I needed to just think about them out loud, to help me deal with the losses.  Thanks everyone.