Author Topic: Laptop = dead  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Laptop = dead
« on: March 24, 2005, 10:18 AM »
I think my laptop motor or whatever just blew up, doesn't look like its worth a repair... this means I've lost everything that wasn't backed up - also means I won't be online much -

The worst part is that I was doing some quick changes to a newsletter before it goes off to the press - my check probably won't be mailed to me until the get the changes are made and sent off. No money - no money for a new laptop, which I need to make more money (for this job). Might mean I've lost my job.

>:(

That said, just know everything's okay with me... anyone who'd like to talk just give me a call (shoot me a PM if you need my #), or whatever.

See you when I see you.

:-*

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop = dead
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:28 AM »
****!  That sucks.  Good luck getting up and running again.  And we'll cross our fingers that your job is safe.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Brad, I am so sorry!   :(

:P

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Yea it definately sucks - specially because my boss is like, "Well what are you going to do?!", me being the editor, I'm holding everything up (does that mean I won't get paid? Yikes!).

Instead of investing and putting into savings and maybe buying some EP3 stuff here and there with art supplies, my entire paycheck (and then some) is probably going to have to go towards another laptop - if I even get another new one.

In all honesty, now that I've lost it - I'm somewhat free to do more things - I went outside and read a book for two hours, yesterday afternoon. I'm taking Spring Break early, it seems.

Anyway, it's a real bummer to be stuck like this - but hopefully things will sort themselves out sooner before later.

We'll keep in touch, folks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 02:34 PM »
I'll give you a call sometime.   :)

:P