Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III General Schedule  (Read 14622 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Star Wars Celebration III General Schedule
« on: March 26, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Starwars.com has the Celebration III General Schedule up online for your planning.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars Celebration III General Schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 06:16 PM »
OK, you guys wanna start discussing some of the stuff you're interested in checking out there, besides the lines for exclusives...?  ;)

I'm going to drag all your asses to Star Wars in 30 Minutes, 'cause that was one of the highlights of C2.  A hilarious half hour for sure!  Plus, it's running throughout the whole convention, so getting into that show should be a snap.

But I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'd really like to take a stab at attending the Opening Ceremonies on Thursday night.  I went to the opening ceremonies at C2 (during the day), and it was definitely well worth it.  It included clips from all the SW actors (including the BIG name ones) to the fans thanking them for attending, McCallum gave the State of Star Wars address, showed some AOTC clips, etc.  So is anyone else interested in hitting this?  It runs from 8-10pm that night, and will likely be a bitch to get into, I'm sure.  It was total insanity getting into the last one at C2...

I'll obviously be checking out any and all exhibits around the show, but no rush on those since they ain't goin' anywhere.  But I'll definitely scope out that Props Archive exhibit.  I'm assuming they'll have another monster toy exhibit of pretty much everything from the conception of the vintage line through present.  Anyone heard any word on whether they'll be doing that again this year?  They sure as hell better!

I'll probably watch the "Star Wars in Pop Culture" thing, which is running throughout the show.

Maybe catch a few collector's panels if there's time, and nothing more interesting happening at that time.

R2 Builders room will be cool.  50 Astromechs, many of which are functioning, in one room is worth a peek.  As will be the customs and diorama workshop, which I'm sure Frank is heading again.  Great, great stuff in there - especially for the 4" figure collectors.

One other cool thing last time was the Star Wars Spectacular (I think that's what it was called).  It was a tough ticket, but well worth it, as McCallum headed the show, and brought the first EVER (and totally surprising) clip of Yoda battling Dooku, almost in it's entirety.  Passed it off as if it was a trailer for the upcoming Spiderman movie and then WHAM - out walks Yoda, bustin' out his lightsaber for the first time that anyone had ever seen.  Great moment.  So if they're having a similar 1 hr show as that one this time, that's a must see as well.

Then, there's obviously all of the "Star Wars Guests & Entertainment!" shows, which were very cool last time.  Many to choose from.

Of course, first and foremost on that list now is probably one of the three half hour Q & A's with George Lucas.  Gotta shoot for one of those two, though it'll be tough...

So at this point, I think aside from grabbing all the exclusives, my biggest target is the opening Ceremonies, and trying to catch George Lucas on Saturday morning...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:17 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Matt I'm with you on Opening Ceremonies I ended up going to that last time as will.  I missed SW in 30 mins last time so I really want to go and see that.  Hopefully with the way they are handing this convention this time it will  be easier to see things. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Matt, count me in for the Opening Ceremony, and the SW in 30 minutes.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 07:07 PM »
The schedule isn't nearly filled out enough for me to pick and choose yet.  All the Saga stuff says "Star Wars Guests" and before I know who, it's hard to plan the rest of the thing.

I know I need to see the musical thing (Heather won't let me NOT see it), SW in 30 minutes, the One Man Show thing, plus....I want to see Lucas and as many panels as I can. Beyond that, I actually want to check out some of the continuous stuff, (It's great to watch fan films and what-not with an audience). 

Oh yeah...and the exhibition hall?

Man. It's going to be impossible to nail stuff down until I've got the real schedule. Even then, it's tough.   Imagine if other conventions were this cool!
Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 07:13 PM »
The schedule isn't nearly filled out enough for me to pick and choose yet.  All the Saga stuff says "Star Wars Guests" and before I know who, it's hard to plan the rest of the thing.

Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with right now.  Tough to figure out what's going on in those things without the specifics.  Do you know if/when we're going to get those specifics, or is it just going to be a game time decision when we pick up our programs at the door at C3?

I know I need to see the musical thing (Heather won't let me NOT see it), SW in 30 minutes, the One Man Show thing...

Forgot about that one man show.  Yeah, gotta check that out.  I assume that's similar to the SW in 30 mins, right?

What's the "musical thing"?  Do you mean the Indianapolis symphony playing all the SW stuff?  If so, I went to that last time at C2, and even though it was a far cry from John Williams leading the Hollywood Bowl orchestra, it was still pretty cool.  I'd watch that again.  Those were really tough tickets last time as well though.  But a good show...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 08:42 PM »
I am assuming the opening ceremonies means you need a $40 ticket to get in there right? 

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 09:20 PM »
I am assuming the opening ceremonies means you need a $40 ticket to get in there right? 

I don't think you need to spend any extra money to get in.  last time you just had to stand in line and be one of the ones in front of the Stromtrooper with the sign saying "line is closed".  I would assume that this time will be no different.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Eh, we'll get there to late Thursday evening anyway it sounds like.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 11:38 AM »
One thing I wanted to do and forgot to sign up for was the MR bash after hours on Thursday night  :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 10:11 PM »
The FULL schedule is finally up at SW.com:

HERE.

Oh boy...  Way too much stuff to do.  :-\

Josh, what's this "musical" thing?  ???

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 11:02 PM »
These are the ones I personally want to be at, aside from the big expected ones:

Wednesday:
Hooters

Thursday:
4:00 Ryan Church - Technologies & Environments

Friday:
10:00 Whats new at Hasbro (hint: these are made for kids to play with!)
2:00 Eric Tiemans - Mood & Lighting
5:00 Matthew Wood - SW Sound Design

Saturday:
5:00 Title Reveal (?)
6:00 Knollvision - Inside Revenge

Sunday:
1:30 Concept & Sculpture

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 12:34 AM »
I am a sheep, lead me to what I need to see.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 01:30 AM »
I think it's gonna be a "wing it" for the most part, like my Model Railroading Conventions I go to. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 04:05 AM »
I just printed out the schedule and am looking at things I want to attend when I'm free from manning FFURG's table. Does anyone know what Mystery Ewok Theater 2005 is? It would be hilarious if it was one of the Ewok MFTV's getting the MSTie treatment.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot