Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Anakin Starfighter w/Figure  (Read 12388 times)

SilverZ

Re: Anakin Starfighter Exclusive?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Good Lord.

Window box.  Ouch.   :'(

Sign me up for two, please.   ::)

I had to chuckle knowing you'd get screwed by this just as much as me. I'll be needing two as well. At least it is a legitimate variant, I mean, it is entirely different paint job, and actually looks kinda cool. It would be nice to know if it was a cannon film ship and not some BS off-screen thing.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Am I the only one who is really pissed off about this?  They can't make a regular Anakin figure that can fit in the cockpit of the ship that is going to be at every retail outlet across the country, but they can repaint the ship and throw a figure that can fit in the cockpit out as yet another exclusive item?  Ridiculous.

I swear they should change their motto to: "Hasbro: Just Try and Guess How We Will **** You Over THIS Week!"   ::)

Two Jedi Starfighters I can justify; three is really stretching it, but a fourth, just to get a figure?  Are we sure the old Playmates Trek handlers aren't running the SW line these days?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I swear they should change their motto to: "Hasbro: Just Try and Guess How We Will **** You Over THIS Week!"   ::)

That sounds about right to me...  >:(

So we have 4 Starfighters now?  How many of these damn things do I need?  ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 11:04 PM »
I may pick it up, depending on which Anakin it is, and if it can fit in the ship or not.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 01:30 AM »
I can't wait for the Walmart Exclusive Hot Pink Starfighter comes out later this year!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 01:42 AM »
I can't wait for the Walmart Exclusive Hot Pink Starfighter comes out later this year!

OMG WTF?! R U SERIUZ?!!111!1one!111!!11

Teh r0xxors!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 07:36 AM »
Like Matt and Jared, I'll be down for two of these as well....

God-damn my OCD!

Anyway, as far as them doing this goes, I'm actually PLEASED that the ship has a completely different paint job. If they had given us the EXACT SAME Jedi Starfighter that we already have, I'd be pretty upset with having to buy it again - much like I was with the Obi-Wan fighter for AOTC.

For my MIB/MOC collection it will just be another packaging/paint-op variant. For my open collection, I can always give the Starfighter to Saesee Tiin since his in the animated Series was green.

Now they really do need to give us that hot-pink one KBZ is joking about - actually it will really supposed to be purple for Mace Windu, but they'll screw up the paint-op and the final product will look pink!  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Just as a side-note to this exclusive. The Jedi Starfighter that Anakin takes to Mustafar is described in the novell as being Green & White.

So I guess this is a movie accurate version afterall - Anakin must take someone else's fighter when his and Obi-Wans end up trashed in the opening sequence.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 02:16 PM »
An exsisting vehicle with a new paint deco is OK with me. Just as long as they don't charge an extra ten or fifteen bucks for it ala the Target Exclusive Clone Trooper. Hell, I wouldn't complain if they tacked on an extra couple bucks for the figure that comes with this ship.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Well, the little placard in front of the ship in the Con pictures says it is supposed to be 19.99.  TRU.com is charging 29.99 at last check for the item, so there you go.

I'm going to pass on this one completely, as two Jedi Starfighters are enough for me.  What makes it worse is that the figure is the #2 basic Anakin with a halo that you can borrow from your Clone Wars Anakin figure (you know, the one that won't fit the figure's head and the figure that won't fit in the cockpit of his own ship) and put in the regular Anakin Fighter.  They could have at least ditched the action feature, made a soft goods skirt piece, or something.  Then again, this is Hasbro. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 08:31 AM »
I have determined that the ONLY way I'm going to get versions of Anakin to actually fly his ships - either Clone Wars or ROTS is to get an extra one of those Evolutions 3-packs. The soft goods combined with VOTC level articulation should allow for both the Padawan Anakin and the Jedi Knight Anakin to fit in all three of the starfighters.

I think it is pretty lousy that the TRU exclusive includes the EXACT SAME Anakin figure that as released as C1-#2 - they could have at least given the figure a soft-goods skirt to allow him to sit better in the ship. Also the damn action feature on both Anakin and Obi-Wan have caused the figure to have slightly longer torsos than the standard figure. So this means that they sit a little tall in the starfighter too. Just ONCE, I'd like a ship w/figure exclusive to include (a) a decent figure and (b) a figure that was compatible with the vehicle.

If they make an Evolutions 3-pack of Obi-Wan, I'm hoping they do all three from the PT - that way you'll get a great Padawan Obi-Wan, a nice AOTC Obi-Wan that should fit both in the Starfighter AND the Yellow Speeder and a nice ROTS Obi-Wan that will fit in his fighter. I don't have much hope for the basic release Obi-Wan Pilot figure coming out later this year.
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2005, 11:22 AM »
So, this thing is in stock at Amazon.com...

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith: Anakin's Jedi Starfighter

but it's listed for $29.99 plus shipping/tax.  :o

$30 for the same ship I've already bought twice with a pack-in figure I already have (#2 Anakin)?  No thanks.   >:(

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 11:23 AM by Jeff »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: TRU Exclusive Anakin Starfighter w/Figure
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2005, 11:26 AM »
In the Making of ROTS book there is a shot of this Fighter outside Padme's Veranda.  His yellow one must be toast and he (as said) takes this one to Mustafar.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2005, 11:40 AM »
In the Making of ROTS book there is a shot of this Fighter outside Padme's Veranda.  His yellow one must be toast and he (as said) takes this one to Mustafar.

So, I supposed we should be prepared for another exclusive $30 Starfighter with Obi-Wan since he ends up with a 2nd ship too (the blue one he uses to get to Utapau)?   ::)

LFL and Hasbro saw the beauty of costume changes for multiple figure possibilities, I guess it was only a matter of time before the ships started getting costume changes too...  :-\

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 11:42 AM by Jeff »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Yep, that is what I was thinking to.  Nice that they made sure to change the colors in the film huh?  I did want this exclusive but for $29.99 I may go cheap and not get it.  We'll see.