Author Topic: RotS - Collection 1 Figures  (Read 16652 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Collection 1 Figures
« Reply #60 on: April 5, 2005, 08:32 AM »
I'm not going to start a new thread to ask this, so I figured this was as good a place as any.  Is there a spot to put Tarfull's club on his body?  It does have a small hole in it, but I couldn't find any peg to put in said hole. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 5, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Yeah, that poor Neimodian (sp) never stands a chance at defending himself.  It will take him forever just to lift that thing.  Hee-hee. 

I still wish Hasbro could make a better attempt at making a transforming destroyer droid that could roll up and uncoil.  Isn't this the same company that makes Transformers?  Maybe it really is not possible but at least make an effort.  I would think a 12 inch figure could at least. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 5, 2005, 12:24 PM »
Hehe, that gun is crazy!

It can't be to scale, the thing looks like it should go with a 12" clone trooper!  Weird.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 5, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I'm not going to start a new thread to ask this, so I figured this was as good a place as any.  Is there a spot to put Tarfull's club on his body?  It does have a small hole in it, but I couldn't find any peg to put in said hole. 

The small hole is for his right-hand's thumb, if you look, there are three indents around the other side of the club, these indents all match up with this right hand so he can hold the club in the air. If you put the club in his hand and then turn his torso back and then let it spring forward you can get him to "throw" the club/log. It's a pretty neat action feature.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 5, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Just a heads-up on the next wave of Collection 1 that is already out in some areas.  I found the wave (Explodo-Grievous, CC, CP, and the Palpatine) yesterday at WM buried behind all the usual figures on the front.  And yes, for those of you who don't have it yet, I think you will really enjoy the Clone Commander, but I'm also going to come out and say that I think the Clone Pilot isn't so great.  I know he's going to be sitting in a seat all the time, but still, they could have at least made his head turnable.

So, my question/statement is this:

1.  (the question) Has the Palpatine with the correct (his own) saber been spotted anywhere.  I was really hoping that the red saber would be hidden behind the photo inlay, but no such lucky, and I am really pissed off about this, as it is a figure I really wanted badly.

2.  (the statement)  I also wanted to give everyone a heads-up on the Explodo-Grievous.  You're going to want to keep a couple of those clear rubber bands hanging around for this figure, because he doesn't exactly hold together too well.  There is a small magnet on the base of his spine that connects with where (I guess) his coccyx (sp?) would be, but it's not all that strong, and his upper torso doesn't hold together too well under the weight of the cloak.  It's not Saga Mace Windu's Battle Droid bad, but it's not that far from it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 5, 2005, 09:56 PM »
There is a small magnet on the base of his spine that connects with where (I guess) his coccyx (sp?) would be

His ass.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 6, 2005, 09:13 AM »
Galactic Hunter's preview of the Clone Commander figure is up today.  Lots of nice pics.  I can't wait for these to start showing up, definitely one of my most anticipated figures.

On the note of new things showing up, I stopped off at Wal-mart and TRU yesterday to check over the figures, and both of them were packed to the gills with the first 32 or so (aside from Clones and Royal Guards, which weren't at either one).  Haven't been to Target since Saturday, but I'm getting a bit concerned that we might be in pegwarm city for awhile now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 6, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Everybody wants this figure bad it seems like.  I hope I can snag a couple of them someday.  They look great IMO.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 6, 2005, 04:50 PM »
His ass.

Yeah, same general vicinity.  I figured since I throw around the F-bomb like it's my last name, I have to draw the line at profanity somewhere.   ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 6, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Hasbro shows off Wave 5 from Collection 1...

I am pretty stoked about this figure.  I am soooo glad they are re-using the "Dagobah Luke" extra heads and arms concept for this one.  The concept worked well for #35 Palpatine too, I hope the extra head/hands idea is here to stay for more figures!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 6, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Yep - the more figures like this, the better... we need a Mace like this too!   :)

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #71 on: April 6, 2005, 07:26 PM »
Anakin is amazing.  I'm buying two of him for sure.  I'm thinking his tunic is attached to the inside of his cloak, and it all comes off together, revealing the cripsy version beneath.

I found #33-36 at WM today, and I was very excited.  I love the clones, and Palpatine too.  Grievous not so much, I left him.  Palpatine had the blue saber.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: April 8, 2005, 10:25 AM »
I'm curious, and I'm just guessing now that Tarful's a Col. 1 figure too, but what is his deal with the articulation.

Not terrible arm articulation, could use wrists though (reuse VOTC CHewie's even...  Save a buck on sculpt/tooling), but what's up with his legs?

Why are they jointed, but only twist.  Am I missing something?  Does he have knee articulation?  I can't tell, honestly.  Mine's legs just spin, which is an incredible waste of time/$ tooling an articulation on both legs that serves no purpose, but whatever...

Anyone have insight?  Is there a knee joint there I'm missing all together or something?

BTW that bowcaster blows something fierce too.  Yikes. :(

Nice bland figure, but not $6-ish nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Maybe slightly off topic, but Filmforce has an article up today talking with Peter Mayhew about Chewbacca in ROTS, detailing why his coloring/appearance are a little bit different.  Maybe this explains all the blonde highlights :P.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2005, 11:51 PM »
I'm curious, and I'm just guessing now that Tarful's a Col. 1 figure too, but what is his deal with the articulation.

Not terrible arm articulation, could use wrists though (reuse VOTC CHewie's even...  Save a buck on sculpt/tooling), but what's up with his legs?

Why are they jointed, but only twist.  Am I missing something?  Does he have knee articulation?  I can't tell, honestly.  Mine's legs just spin, which is an incredible waste of time/$ tooling an articulation on both legs that serves no purpose, but whatever...

Anyone have insight?  Is there a knee joint there I'm missing all together or something?

BTW that bowcaster blows something fierce too.  Yikes. :(

Nice bland figure, but not $6-ish nice.

I agree. I was looking forward to this figure, and I picked him up today. Now I wish I didn't. :-\

The paintjob is weird too, it doesn't look like Chewie or the Sneek Warrior. If he had ball jointed elbows and knees, he would be much better.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks