Author Topic: RotS - Collection 1 Figures  (Read 16655 times)

SilverZ

Re: RotS - Collection 1 Figures
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Re 1& 2: It looks to be the same as the existing Saga Deluxe version with the arm now removable, and with a better paint job (by a bit). They've at least updated the copyright date to 2004.

Yet another C1 disappointment.

Re 3: Let me stand way back to take it all in. [/drum beat]

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Well have they at least made the plastic stronger? Cause the plastic on that deluxe one is craptastic.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 02:08 AM »
Hah, yeah sorry I didn't mention it. Yes, it is stronger. When I pulled the Deluxe one out to compare, his left leg was sagging inwards from the weight of other figures. Craptastic!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 10:35 PM »
http://www.alliancecollectibles.com/images/eiii/

Some nice new loose pics of upcoming figs up, including #50 Anakin, who curiously doesn't look so cripsy here:

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2005, 11:20 PM »
Hm. Maybe that Anakin's got a Man-E-Faces feature too. I hope it's just removable heads and arms, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31 AM »
I think he will come with the appropriate limbs and heads :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2005, 08:39 AM »
Thanks for the pic Spuffy.  I really hope this Anakin has change-able head/arms ala the Dagobah Luke from the OTC line.  It could turn out to be a great figure overall, and we really need a nice Anakin from this line.  The reviews of the first two collection 1 offerings haven't exactly been glowing, but I've yet to see it in person myself.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Rebelscum now has a feature up on the Clone Commander, or ARC Trooper figure from the ROTS line.  I know it has been discussed before, but this figure just looks all kinds of cool, and I can't wait to pick it up.  I hope it won't be impossible to find for anyone.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Collection 2 Figures
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2005, 03:35 PM »
I just noticed after reading through the exclusive announcements at Hasbro's revamped Star Wars site, that they have updated their product database as well.  If you go to Hasbro Star Wars' front page, and click on the pictures of the toys at the bottom, and go to the various areas, there are some different pictures of later figures of the basic line.  There might be other product lines as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  Just thought I'd pass the word in case someone was interested.  Different pic of the Tarkin figure, although he is labeled "Mon Calimari Tills" ;).  Oopsy.

Don't know if these are technically Collection 1 or 2, but these look all sorts of cool:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:37 PM by mosnab »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Well, I really love this one!!!!  Anakin #50!

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Well, I really love this one!!!!  Anakin #50!

:P

Yeah - this figure is going to ROCK - I can't wait for it to come out - I think it will be my favorite figure in the line.

Clearly they are doing the same thing like they did for Dagobah Training Luke where there are multiple heads and arms - I wonder if there will be packaging variants where one version will have him all pristine and another version will have him crispy-critter?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Don't know if these are technically Collection 1 or 2, but these look all sorts of cool:

Since they are technically scheduled for Collection 1, I'm moving this one over to the Collection 1 thread...  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I wasn't sure on that one, thanks for moving it to the appropriate place.  Thanks for posting that pic CHEWIE, that Anakin looks very nice.  Like it has been said, looks like it could be a Dagobah Luke type of figure, and that is definitely a good thing.  Can't wait for this one.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 03:55 PM »
If you look at the "Action Toy Arena, they have most of the figures sorted out by Collection...

and yeah, since he is in collection 1, the Wookiee has an action feature:

"Squeeze legs together for Battle Bash!"  ::)

Oooh... and the Nemoidian Warrior has one too:

"Squeeze legs together for POWER SMASH!"   ::)

At least the clone just says "14 points of articulation" and makes no mention of an action feature!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:56 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Well, hopefully his articulation can at least be used for some BASHING and SMASHING actions, but kids will have to just go ahead and use their hands to move his limbs the old fashioned way....manually ::).  Sorry about the confusion on the collections Jeff, I guess I was too lazy to look :P.