Author Topic: RotS - Collection 1 Figures  (Read 16656 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: RotS - Collection 1 Figures
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Anakin... holy ****.   ;D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 08:27 AM »
I love that Anakin figure.  Good Lord I can not wait for that thing to open up.  I hope it comes with certain "detachments".  I am sure it will. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2005, 09:41 AM »
I got my EE catalog in the mail yesterday too, and wow is that Anakin sure creepy.

Plus it gives me just a glimmer of hope that when this franchise is watered down enough and struggling for new figures, we just might end up with the Uncle Owen (Imperial Attack) and Aunt Beru (Imperial Attack) figures we've always wanted.    :P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2005, 09:55 AM »
If you visit the "Action Toy Arena" on Hasbro's revamped site, you can get nice views of the majority of the ROTS line.  You can check out the action features, poseability, etc. of some of the later figures as well.  You can also check out the "face change" on the later Palpatine figure, the feature on the cloaked Grievous, etc.  SPOILERS on some of the figures/features, so be warned.  A lot of stuff is looking good.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 4, 2005, 11:30 AM »
Hasbro has updated with a look at the upcoming "army builder" wave, featuring the SA Clonetrooper, Neimodian Warrior, Wookiee Warrior, and Destroyer Droid.  Really looking forward to this wave, hopefully they'll ship lots ;).

« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 11:32 AM by mosnab »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 4, 2005, 11:35 AM »
All three of them look very nice.  Love the Wookie :)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #51 on: April 4, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Awesome. Gotta love that Wookiee. I just hope this wave is shipped in sufficient quantities for everyone to get a few of each.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 12:07 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: April 4, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Hasbro has updated with a look at the upcoming "army builder" wave, featuring the SA Clonetrooper, Neimodian Warrior, Wookiee Warrior, and Destroyer Droid.

I love the title they've used for their update too:

"They're called action figures, not stand-there-and-look-good figures."

Ugh.  More crap about "these things are made for kids, so we've gotta include the lame action figures they so desperately love".  Yeah, whatever Hasbro.  The story's getting very old.

Sure didn't see many kids floating around at MM or even on 4/2, but that's not surprising.  Been that way for almost 10 years now.

Oh yeah, these new Coll. 1 figures still look pretty nice, despite their super dooper missle launchers they come with...  :P
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 01:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 4, 2005, 01:56 PM »
I didn't see this posted anywhere but did anyone notice that Tarrful has an action feature too? You can twist his torso to one side and it will swing back to the center - almost like a club swinging action feature. Since he comes with the club, it makes sense.

Perhaps I'm just dense and didn't read/hear about this before, but I thought this was a nice little surprise to the figure.

All I would have changed on this figure was to make his knee joints bend as opposed to just rotate.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

SilverZ

« Reply #54 on: April 4, 2005, 02:19 PM »
I love the title they've used for their update too:

"They're called action figures, not stand-there-and-look-good figures."

I was storming in here to bitch about that too.

"The action and adventure continues with this new wave of figures that’s just made to be played with. "

And that's the problem - I'm not interested in them being made to play with. I want figures that are made to be posed in tons of variations with all the articulation they have. I'd honestly like them to point me to their market research that says the Star Wars line is primarily kids, and kids that need firing missiles and spring-loaded kung-fu attacks.

"This awesome Clone Trooper action figure features an incredible 14 points of articulation."

Buy a thesaurus, Hasbro. That's the third use, at least, to describe these figures.

Oh yeah, and the SA Clone looks great.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 4, 2005, 02:31 PM »

What is that thing on his head?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 4, 2005, 02:45 PM »
I think its just the angle of that shot, but from the other pics we've seen of this, I think it is some sort of antennae coming from his back (backpack type thing?) or something, but I'm not sure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: April 4, 2005, 02:48 PM »
I think its just the angle of that shot, but from the other pics we've seen of this, I think it is some sort of antennae coming from his back (backpack type thing?) or something, but I'm not sure.

Here's the EE picture - definitely an antenna of some sort...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #58 on: April 4, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Oh yeah, these new Coll. 1 figures still look pretty nice, despite their super dooper missle launchers they come with...  :P

I'll just pretend the destroyer droid had aftermarket modifications for those big ass arm cannons. ;)

I didn't see this posted anywhere but did anyone notice that Tarrful has an action feature too? You can twist his torso to one side and it will swing back to the center - almost like a club swinging action feature. Since he comes with the club, it makes sense.

Perhaps I'm just dense and didn't read/hear about this before, but I thought this was a nice little surprise to the figure.

All I would have changed on this figure was to make his knee joints bend as opposed to just rotate.

I noticed that too, even though it isn't on the package and I hadn't read about it anywhere prior to buying it. And I agree about the knees. Not much point to them if they don't bend.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 4, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Galactic Hunter had prototype pics not to long go, it is an antenia...and looks removable.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -