Author Topic: Can You Break the Emperor's Code?  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Can You Break the Emperor's Code?
« on: March 28, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Yet another thing to complain about this weekend...  ::)

From Hasbro:

Can You Break the Emperor's Code? 

The Emperor's Code is hidden on each of the 3 STAR WARS EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH Exclusives available at Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys "R" Us stores.

Locate the hidden code on each toy, figure out what it means, enter the code into the vault website and you could win an Emperor's Code Breaker T-shirt.  But more importantly, figure out The Emperoro's Code and you'll reveal the evil plan to take over the galaxy...

Does Hasbro actually expect any kids to get their hands on these 3 exclusives from Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU?  Seriously?

What the hell?  Whoopee!  I'm a giant nerd identified by my Emperor's codebreaker T-shirt!   :P

This totally rings of B-E-S-U-R-E-T-O-D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E...  ::)

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

Re: Can You Break the Emperor's Code?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 04:35 PM »
What's the matter, Jeff, you don't think kids are clammoring for the Walmart Exclusive empty box of toy promises?

Marketing geniuses!  ::) God that sucks.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Hmmm, bringing up that CNN report on Hasbro's hyping 'Star Wars'...

A word of caution -- don't throw away the packaging. According to Nyman, there's a hidden symbol on the package of each of the three exclusive Hasbro promotions that will be available at Wal-Mart, Target and Toys "R" Us.

"Once you find all three symbols, got to the Hasbro Web site and try to crack the Star Wars code for a secret prize," Nyman said. If you don't want to buy all the products, you can search for the symbols on the digital images of the products on Hasbro's Web site, he added.

So I guess for those who don't get there exclusives, you can still find the symbols on the site and get your Emperor's codebreaker T-shirt!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 04:41 PM »
This is dumb... dumb, dumb, dumb.

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Excuse me while I go throw-up...

:-X
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Now they've done it.  Where's the jetison button...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 10:47 PM »
But, but, but....I thought Star Wars was for kids???  After all, what child can't get to Midnight madness (oh wait, not available then) and then hang out all night (or get up after four hours of sleep) and head to Target before rushing off to Walmart. 

Never mind that need for a vehicle, license, etc. that sort of precludes kids.

Never mind the need for sleep that kids actually have and a certain doubtful participation by parents in the whole shenanigan.

Never mind that most kids can't drop $30 at Walmart, $15 at Target and $10 or the $25-35 at TRU for toys in addition to any of the main figures (Now with action features [/announcer voice]) that they may already want. 

::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Hey, you're also forgetting the nostalgia the little tykes have for the 1977 Early Bird mail-in. What a thrill it will be for them to relive the experience they first had when they were more than negative-25 years old. Todays kids love 70's nostalgia, especially the innovative action feature it comes with -- kids are going to have a blast taking the envelope to the mailbox! Mailbox Dropping Action!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 10:54 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 02:01 AM »
Yeesh. I think I was better off walking away from this hobby before ROTS, rather than to be here for these abysmal lows.

Exploit and overkill.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 07:04 AM »
This totally rings of B-E-S-U-R-E-T-O-D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E...  ::)

Jeff

A crummy commercial?!?  Son of a Bitch!

Yeah, I actually thought the same thing when I read this, but then my 2nd thought was ALSO that, "what the hell kinda kid is gonna get all 3 exclusives to play this goofy game?", when they basically are making all 3 exclusives a pain in the ass.  I somehow doubt a kid's choices of going to all 3 stores are really that broad.  At least mine weren't when I was a lad. 

I dunno, this just is silly to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 08:07 AM »
I first saw that over at RS and thought the code cracking thing was an actual joke.  Now that I see it is actually real makes me crack up even more. 

The first thing that popped into my was the Christmas Story - Ovaltine connection.  The coded message from Hasbro will probably say "The Revenge of the Sith in theatres May 19th!"  or "Collect all 56 action figures and exclusives today!!!" 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 08:16 AM »
This is sort of like action figure spam then.

Is this the wave of the future or something?  Seems like all the "cool folk" are doing it despite its perceived lameness.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 10:39 AM »
I wonder if you can submit what you think the "cracked code" says. That way, we should spam the **** out of hasbro using fake names and e-mail addressed and submit that the encoded message reads...

"HASBRO IS COMPLETELY CLUELESS AND SHOULD GO SCREW THEMSELVES"
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Everyone's making fun of the code.....Anyone get it???
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2005, 09:20 PM »
I am actually curious as to what the code is. I only have one exclusive in my possession at the moment so I have no idea.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"