Author Topic: Target Coupon... Some hope?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Target Coupon... Some hope?
« on: March 29, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Well I just got ahold of my mail, and low and behold I too got the Target ad with $1 off figures coupon...  I don't hold a Target card, nor do I ever get anything from them in the mail, yet I got one, so yay me.

Some hope for those wanting that coupon...  May be able to try using it over at Wal-Mart, or as I recall someone thought about trying to use it for a price adjustment too at Target, if I recall correctly.

Seems like more of us may get these coupons than we once thought though.  I'm really amazed I got this, to be honest.  But either way it seems that figures are going $1 off on 4/3 anyway.  Maybe picked over some, but either way it's good news for folks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Target Coupon... Some hope?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Well I just got ahold of my mail, and low and behold I too got the Target ad with $1 off figures coupon...

Me too!  Finally.   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Yeah, but do YOU have a Target card Matt?  I don't.  I'm at a loss as to how they got my address.  Target doesn't ever ask for it, so I'm really curious where they got it from...  Unless they were somehow able to track it through my use of my Debit card, and saw I buy SW figures...  That's a pretty good Database they have though, if that's the case.

This is a mystery to me.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Yeah, but do YOU have a Target card Matt?

Nope.

I think it's been mentioned elsewhere that they can somehow just track who's purchased stuff at Target stores with the debit or credit cards, and send them out the coupon.  Sounds like they can even track it so specifically right down to what DCPI#s you've been involved with purchasing.  Otherwise how would they know whether you're actually a Star Wars collector, or not?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 08:24 PM »

Nope.

I think it's been mentioned elsewhere that they can somehow just track who's purchased stuff at Target stores with the debit or credit cards, and send them out the coupon.  Sounds like they can even track it so specifically right down to what DCPI#s you've been involved with purchasing.  Otherwise how would they know whether you're actually a Star Wars collector, or not?

One thing I hope they not doing is using the address that hypespace has for you.  If thats the case I'm not going to get a coupon since I moved at the begining of the year but just now changed my mailing address.  I'm just glad I can be able to pick up a Lava Vader now since I got saturday off now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Mine came yesterday.

Of course - unless I can convince my local walmart to accept it, it's not really worth that much at all.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 10:17 PM »

Nope.

Oh I so hope that's true Matt, I had expected to get one myself because I used to have a Target VISA card, but that was before I moved. And though my mom used to work at Target, that was too long ago, so thats not a way in. A $1 off coupon would rock the house! :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 11:04 PM »
I'll just use it at Target. If I tried to use it at another store, it would probably become a big hassle or something (employees not knowing what to do, etc.). Not worth the fuss, IMO.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 11:27 PM »
I don't hold a Target card, nor do I ever get anything from them in the mail, yet I got one, so yay me.

This is a mystery to me. ???

You DO have an Insider subscription, yes?

I think it's been mentioned elsewhere that they can somehow just track who's purchased stuff at Target stores with the debit or credit cards, and send them out the coupon. 

Yeah, like maybe someone got an e-mail directly from TARGET 2 weeks ago that explained exactly how they decided how to send out the coupons...   :P

*cough * cough *

If you are NOT a Target Visa card holder then there is a 100% chance Target got your info from the Fan Club and Lucasfilm...  ;)

One thing I hope they not doing is using the address that hypespace has for you.

Sorry, DK but that is EXACTLY where Target got the info from...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 11:34 PM »
I'm cool with that I guess, but kinda blows that they're selling my information, basically, to others.  It's good, and it's bad...  At least it ain't spam, or my email address being passed around like a $2 prostitute to god knows who anymore.   ::) :-X

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Well, I HAD a Hyperspace membership, but since I've moved, I haven't even thought of renewing.

I bet the people living at my old love shack are now wondering "What the **** is this?"
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 03:10 AM »
So why can't they send your bills their too? :P

I got my card in the mail..so woohoo! Army building doesn't hurt so bad inside anymore.
I'd love to participate in MM this year, but with this card...It's not worth it anymore.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 03:36 AM »
Strangely enough, the post office has seen it fit to redirect all my bills, or at least the bills from companies that I forgot to change my address with, to my new place. Hm.

Or I don't get one at all, which really doesn't bug me since I don't really feel like spending a bunch of money on Saturday.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 06:03 AM »
Well my parents got one at their address.  However, it was in my name.  Not sure how that happened? 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 08:34 AM »
I haven't gotten anything yet, but I'm still holding out hope.  I am a Fan Club/Hyperspace member, and have been for a couple of years now, and have also bought a number of Star Wars product with our debit card over the years at Target.  We don't have a "Target card", but it doesn't sound like that makes a difference.  Hopefully it will come here, if not, I guess Wal-Mart will get some more money out of me.