Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30703 times)

SilverZ

Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Sweetness, Matthew...  ;D

Is that a blue Royal Guard I see there? I haven't heard many reports of that being found, they've mostly been the red variant.

Also, would you say they had more of Collection 1 or Collection 2 figures? Or an even mix? I'm hoping Target will be the place that stocks more C2 than C1, as they have tended to do in the past.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Blue guard is the only figure giving me fits.  Only finding red thus far. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2005, 09:17 PM »
J,

I did not even know there was a variant, what was there was an even split between the two collections.  There were roughly 75 figures to make 3 full sets.

All that was there was the blue version on the Royal Guard, 3 of them.  In my panic I forgot to grab Obi and Bail.  I imagine those will not be too difficult to nab later.

By the time I realized it, the remaining 50 figures were all boxed up by the employees.

DBK

Sweetness, Matthew...  ;D

Is that a blue Royal Guard I see there? I haven't heard many reports of that being found, they've mostly been the red variant.

Also, would you say they had more of Collection 1 or Collection 2 figures? Or an even mix? I'm hoping Target will be the place that stocks more C2 than C1, as they have tended to do in the past.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2005, 07:41 AM »
Well - last night I finally got some leaked figures on my way home from work. I used the price scanner to punch in the code for the Deluxe Figures and for the first time they showed up as "In Stock" - so I naively asked the young girl working in toys to check the exact same DPCI number, and when it came up on her gun she happily went into the back and came out with a case of them. I was able to get Anakin/Vader Quick Change, General Grevious and Obi-Wan/SuperBattleDroid.

The only GOOD one of the three is the Anakin - but I had been looking forward to it the most. The General Grevious has a great paint job but the action feature doesn't work for ****.

Obi-Wan's jumping feature is just downright laughable.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2005, 01:09 PM »
An action feature that doesn't work well.  Hmm, this is surprising. ;)

Sears Canada (not exactly the same as Sears Roebuck) has put out some stuff.  I was able to look at the BARC speeder today as well as the Obi and Boga(?).  Not too bad, though the figures are preposed so pretty useless outside of their intended uses.  I think Obi may be suitable for piloting his starfighter, but I guess that's the point of the Obi pilot figure down the road - hopefully they articulated his legs :P

Sears also had the first 24 figures (same price as what TRU up here charges) so I picked up another clone and grabbed the two empty boxes. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2005, 01:19 PM »
One thing I am pleased with is that the Deluxe Anakin is also a great figure to use for piloting his Starfighter. All you have to do is remove the skirt (which comes off for the "transformation" anyway) which will allow him to sit perfectly in the cockpit - the position of his arms are also ideal for placing directly over the controls.

I'm tempted to eventually get another one of these deluxe Anakin figures on clearance down the road, trim the plastic skirt off from the belt and then get some brown/black cloth to replace the skirt... that is unless the pack-in Anakin that's coming soon will have a cloth skirt... fat chance right?  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2005, 03:14 PM »
It just keeps going and going.  A few other folks in Canada were able to pick up some of the larger items like the BARC speeder and Boga for only $9.99, the same price as the regular figures at Sears.  Based on that report I cruised by again today and asked an associate to scan them for the price.  Lo and behold they were $9.99 each, half off their retail price of $19.99.  So I snagged both the pieces for just over $20 with taxes. 

I had been planning on picking these up down the road on clearance, but if someone wants to put them out at the clearance price even before they're supposed to be on the shelf, who am I to complain. ;)

US packaging as well, not the trilogo stuff.  Weird.

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2005, 12:22 PM »
A few minutes ago I went to my nearest Kroger store and low and behold I find a Blue Royal guard, OB1 and ROTS Comic #1... I bought the Royal Guard and the comic but left the OB1 since I already found it earlier in the month

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 1, 2005, 12:03 AM »
Looks like as of tommorow night this thread will be useless. Better lock it and let it filter to the bottom guys. :P :-*

Usualy the Rite Aid and CVS here have them out early, but no dice.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: April 1, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Well, before this thread becomes totally useless, I'd like brag that I found 3 unopened cases last night (Wed) at Target at closing (only mentioned it in the SoCal reports here so far).  Anyway, I slashed the cases open right quick, loaded up a nearby returns basket, and bought 'em all since the store was closing and I barely had time to look through them.  $5.99 a pop, and two of the cases were some good Coll. 2 stuff too (Aayla, Ki, Saesee, Luminara, Royal Guard, etc.)  So that puts me up to 53 early leaked figures so far (though I may have an accidental triplicate or two in there).  At least this will help MM tonight to not be quite so stressful though, so that's cool...  8)

Still fealt like I was shoplifting or something, since I was buying product that I wasn't even supposed to be allowed to buy yet.  Fortunately nobody said a peep there though, even when I rolled up with my basket of 36 loose figures, and was the last shopper left in the store.   :-[