Author Topic: Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building  (Read 15910 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I agree he's pretty good as well CHEWIE.  Better than I'd imagined by quite a bit.  Plus his shoulders don't look nearly as bad as earlier photos did, nor do his hips really.

He's not perfect...  No waist articulation, his arms are a little looser and wonkier...  His hips do stick out slightly (not a lot, just a little).  But I agree that he's very poseable, his coming with 2 weapons is great, and the waist articulation is the one joint that, even though it's missing, it really is the least annoying that it is gone.

Had it been say his left wrist, I think I'd be more annoyed, or if he had no knee articulation or whatnot.

As it stands, he's a good army builder...  Better than I'd say every classic army builder save the VOTC Stormtrooper.  I'd put him on-par with the Imp. Officer or even slightly superior (but that guy's classic status wins me over), which says a lot since that's been my 2nd favorite army building figure since VOTC Stormie's existance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: April 3, 2005, 03:01 AM »
Honestly, I’m still not a big fan of this guy. I still find the ball joints at the shoulders disproportionate and the action feature hampers the figure from being a good army builder for me.

But… I promptly ripped the ball socket head off, swapped it onto an SA Clone body, and found the fit to be perfect. The color of the ROTS helmet is slightly (just a shade) whiter than the body, but until the SA ROTS Clone hits, I’ll mix and match the two.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 3, 2005, 04:02 AM »
I know, I know - some people hate this figure because of the action feature... but having one in hand really opened my eyes.  If this is considered "crappy" then we are in for a real treat this year with the ROTS army-builders.

To me, an army builder needs to have two things to make it fun -

- good sculpt
- nice articulation

This one has both... the sculpt is great, and the articulation is awesome... the following points are articulated -

- head
- right shoulder
- left shoulder
- right elbow
- left elbow
- right wrist
- left wrist
- right hip
- left hip
- right knee
- left knee
- right ankle
- left ankle

Plus, 7 of these are ball-jointed.  The only thing missing on him is waist articulation...

His left shoulder armor is also removable, and can be replaced with a piece that has the Republic insignia on it...

So, what's not to love about this figure?  His action feature does not draw away from the figure in the slightest... plus his joints are all stiff and not loose...

I know some people said they were passing on this one in favor of the AT-TE Gunner #38 and Clone Trooper #41... but this figure is nothing to be ashamed of. 

I say enjoy this one, he will blend in well with the others, and why chance the other two being hard to find, and having passed on this one when you had the chance?  It's a hell of a lot better than the Clones in the SAGA lineup... and IMO rivals the SA Clone Wars Clone.  Plus this guy does have peg holes in his feet.   ;)

:P

Wholeheartedly agree with your above statement CHEWIE.

I had my doubts about this figure as well, it all changed once I got my hands on one.  :D  He is indeed a great army builder, and was surprised how easy he was to get.

I couldn't believe most people passed him up, managed to pick up 30 of these badboys so far.
He looks alot better in person, and like Jared mentioned you can always swap the head on the CW Trooper (although it sits a little lower). Plus like the AT-TE gunner this clone can sit down, unlike the CW SA Trooper.

You can always use them as background clones, when #41 SA Trooper comes out.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 3, 2005, 04:49 AM »
I was NOT going to buy this figure..the SA one is coming out soon.

I bought 3...They're good. Much better than I expected....you CAN pose them in very cool poses, even though they've got an action feature...but let me tell you something:

You will never notice it.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 3, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Yeah, I was suprised how good this looked.  My Target and WM were very stricked on collectors not buying multiples.  I ended up with one from each store.  It's much better than I thought it would be. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2005, 12:14 PM »
... action feature hampers the figure from being a good army builder for me.

Hrmmmm how so?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I cant put this figure down. I seriously had to put them behind somthing my collection shelf to make it harder for me to pick up and play with. I still have 2 carded I need to crack open!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2005, 05:09 PM »
... action feature hampers the figure from being a good army builder for me.

Hrmmmm how so?

1) Big bulbous shoulders.
2) Birthing hips.

All thanks to the action feature. Plus, the SA Clone will hit stores within weeks. :)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 3, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Plus, the SA Clone will hit stores within weeks. :)

Lets all hope on that.  I have a feeling alot of us will be left out in the cold.  I hit a few different stores today and found that alot of stores only had collection 1 on the pegs and it looked like none had been even bought yet ???  Iwas still even finding alot of Blue Guards. 
« Last Edit: April 3, 2005, 05:45 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2005, 05:23 PM »
2) Birthing hips.

I was starting to think I was the only one who was bothered by that aspect... 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 3, 2005, 05:47 PM »
It is Hasbro's attempt at Irony...Child Bearing Hips/Stance on a Clone... I get it...

I was tempted to grab a couple but I grabbed the Target cup instead.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 3, 2005, 09:52 PM »
I am sure that the #41 one will be a little better, but I am not gonna be picky.  That one is not out yet, and this is still a very good figure.  I would give it a 9 out of 10.  The hips don't bother me one bit; just put them in running poses if you don't like that, and have #41 in "at attention" poses for your dioramas.   :)

Also, no way in the world am I gonna pass up this figure when #41 will probably be harder to get and produced in lower quantities. 

Nothing in the ROTS line will be produced in higher quantities than Colletion #'s 1-12, so get them while you can.  This will be the first out of these first 12 to disappear from the pegs.

Right now I have 14 of them.  Kinda went a little light on these at first... went to several places today, and believe it or not, only found 1 Clonetrooper out of 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets... and tons and tons of Anakin, Obi Wan, Vader, Yoda, etc. from that assortment.

If you are an army builder, and you don't like it and pass on it, I hope you don't regret it...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 3, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Currently up to 12, planning on picking up a couple more into the week.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 3, 2005, 11:45 PM »
BY the way, with the "gape" in his stance...he can actually ride  a Taun Taun very nicely...I'll post pics tomorrow.  If I can find my speeder bikes, I'll post those too Jesse..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Maybe he will fit on a BARC Speeder and the AT-RT then too.  Will find out tomorrow.   :)