Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 39007 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #225 on: April 3, 2005, 06:03 PM »
If anyone needs a Target Vader, just drop me a pm.  They had a ton when I went back to Target for my price adjustment and I bought extra's just in case.
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 3, 2005, 11:33 PM »
Target added the Lava Vader to their website today, but it won't be available to order for 4 to 8 weeks, according to it's listing.  I believe they will be limited to one per person.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 4, 2005, 04:34 AM »
If anyone needs a Target Vader, just drop me a pm.  They had a ton when I went back to Target for my price adjustment and I bought extra's just in case.

PM sent.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 4, 2005, 08:53 AM »
I headed to Target right at 8 on Saturday morning, mainly to get the cup/figure sets.  There was about 3-4 other people shopping there (at least for Star Wars stuff) and I saw no mention (stores or customers) of the Lava Vader.  I'm curious if they even offered it here, because they certainly weren't too busy, and the Star Wars figure section was still just minty fresh...set up.  I think I was one of the first ones in there.  I didn't want a Lava Vader anyways, but just wanted to note that I'm not too sure it happened here.  Of course, maybe I missed it or just didn't notice something.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 4, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I avoided the Target crowd and hit WM at 8:00 A.M. - had the whole aisle to myself!

At about 9:30 I drove over to Target to see what was left and found a scalper? loading up his cart (he was hoarding the end cap).  He was almost 60 years old - maybe he was buying them for grandkids but sometimes you just have a feeling....

I thought "the hell with him" and went to the main aisle - lo and behold what did I find?  One lonely Lava Vader on the pegs!

Now I have one to open!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 4, 2005, 12:58 PM »
This auction is just crazy:

Lava Darth Vader Target Exclusive

This is for the Target Exclusive Lava Darth Vader It is in hand and ready to ship. I am hoping to help fund my Celebration trip. As a Bonus for using the Buy It Now option and for helping me fund part of my trip, you will recieve the Celebration III Darth Vader after I return from the Celebration.

Fund your trip?  ::)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 5, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Cmon $150 for  2 $10 toys yes please!!!
He's a great  seller he even has this auction for a cardboard insert for only $55
Tell me you Americans don't really buy crap like that do you?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2005, 01:03 PM »
Ok, it's a little late, but what with being in Canada and all, it took a while.  Now, before you go on, as a big shock, I'm going to complain as a bit of a novelty for a geek board. 

DBK was kind enough to pick one of these up for me to trade it to me. I was looking forward to getting it and we worked a fair deal and Matt packed it well and shipped it quick, so none of my gripe is with him. 

I opened up the box and my first reaction was...huh :-\ 
It's kind of nifty in the package and all upon first glance.  Upon second glance it was more like huh.  That's about all I could muster.  Matt told me ahead of time that the outer plastic wasn't mint and I'd heard other reports too.  It wasn't in horrible shape, but I pressed out a pushed in section and I can't believe how ****** the case is.  It's really soft, crappy plastic for a "protective" ::) case. 

The Vader itself is I guess as should have been expected given it is a crappy old POTF2 Vader, but I actually liked that figure, both as the original (the first SW toy I ever owned) and the TFV version looked pretty nice too.  But this one, um, sucks ****.  Is that the right way to put it?  I dunno, maybe it's cuz I have to go to the dentist today.  I'm thrilled to have it and lame ass loser that I am, I'm getting another from Beth, but geez, I guess I was expecting more.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2005, 05:36 PM »

Brent,

Glad that the package arrived.  Everyone has an opinion.  Mine is:

1) $12.99 is steep for a 3 3/4 inch figure :o!
2) The figure itself is o.k. - not as cool looking as the Toy Fair Vader.  But not as bad as the crappy spray painted figures that followed the vac chrome Hasbro fad. 3) To me the real upside to this figure is the cardback.

Lately packaging has become an appeal to me and more and more I am liking the ROTS package shape.  I think it is so cool to have the card in the shape that it is with Vader's helmet's shape on top of the package.

I mean, how cool is it to get a Lava Vader with a red Vader on the side vs. the normal Vader that is black on the left side of the package.   

Lastly, the card back.  I think this is the real beauty of this piece.  Vader is surrounded by flames and he's clinching his hand with his saber bright red and ready for action!

All in all I am glad to have this piece in my collection!

DBK 

Ok, it's a little late, but what with being in Canada and all, it took a while.  Now, before you go on, as a big shock, I'm going to complain as a bit of a novelty for a geek board. 

DBK was kind enough to pick one of these up for me to trade it to me. I was looking forward to getting it and we worked a fair deal and Matt packed it well and shipped it quick, so none of my gripe is with him. 

I opened up the box and my first reaction was...huh :-\ 
It's kind of nifty in the package and all upon first glance.  Upon second glance it was more like huh.  That's about all I could muster.  Matt told me ahead of time that the outer plastic wasn't mint and I'd heard other reports too.  It wasn't in horrible shape, but I pressed out a pushed in section and I can't believe how ****** the case is.  It's really soft, crappy plastic for a "protective" ::) case. 

The Vader itself is I guess as should have been expected given it is a crappy old POTF2 Vader, but I actually liked that figure, both as the original (the first SW toy I ever owned) and the TFV version looked pretty nice too.  But this one, um, sucks ****.  Is that the right way to put it?  I dunno, maybe it's cuz I have to go to the dentist today.  I'm thrilled to have it and lame ass loser that I am, I'm getting another from Beth, but geez, I guess I was expecting more.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Thought I'd bump up this thread in case you guys didn't notice the front page...

JediDefender is proud to offer you a chance to win your very own Revenge of the Sith prize-pack composed of both Target exclusives from the April 2nd toy launch - one Lava Darth Vader and one $5.00 Darth Vader Light-Up Gift Card!  If you're still missing this one for your collection, you probably want to check out our new Give Away page for all the details!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Just a little side story-

I know a Target (now former) employee who actually got fired for buying some of these before their release date.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2005, 04:52 PM »
May he be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  And them some.

I don't even know why I spew venom, I got my 2 Lava Vaders at different Targets back in the release date.

Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.