Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 39009 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2005, 08:15 AM »
Oh brother.  Now Target is going to bring in more security.  Ummm, would not have to do this if the figure was not limited to 36-46 per store.   Man, this is a text book case of how not to handle an exclusive. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Well - as crazy as it seems, I will be going right from the TRU across the street at Midnight Madness to lining up over at the Target.

I may even ask a family member to go over to the Target and hold a spot in line for me so people who "finish" up at TRU before me can't beat me to a spot in line.

I realize that this will require waiting all night long, but I don't see any other alternative to getting this figure.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Yeah, despite all my griping about this you will most likely find me attempting to get this figure that morning.  Especially if I get that $1 off coupon :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2005, 02:16 PM »
The coupons should be going out in the mail VERY soon, they are timed to be in your mail box sometime next week so they arrive approx 1 week prior to April 2nd.

Jeff

Looks like the coupons are in fact showing up this week in the mail as previously reported ( :-*).

www.Yakface.com has report of the mailer arriving in the mail and a nice picture of what the mailer looks like.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2005, 02:20 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Jeff....the coupon "package" looks kind of neato too.  I don't know what you have to do to have them mailed to you personally, but it would be pretty cool to get those.  $1 each figure isn't bad either, and we always enjoy shopping at Target anyways.  Haven't decided if I'm heading there on April 2 or not, might try to split it up amongst stores if we can.

On a side note...wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread yet or not, since it is just a rumor at this point, but Rebelscum mentions in this article that a rumor is going around that an exclusive that Wal-Mart might have on 4/2 could be a sort of "Early Bird" set reminiscent of the vintage days.  No further details outside of that, so take it with a grain of salt, but interesting news I thought anyways.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Even still - I've got a case number with Target Guest Relations, and they told me that if I can figure out where the coupons are being sent from, I should call back and they might be able to help.

If I'm able to track that information down - I'll share it with everyone... and if anyone gets the coupon, please tell me the return address that was on the post-card thing.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 02:32 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Got the return address - I'll let everyone know if I have any luck...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Updating...the woman on the phone was completely not helpful... she said Target was 'aware of the issue' and more information would be available as the release date approaches.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2005, 04:32 PM »
On a side note...wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread yet or not, since it is just a rumor at this point, but Rebelscum mentions in this article that a rumor is going around that an exclusive that Wal-Mart might have on 4/2 could be a sort of "Early Bird" set reminiscent of the vintage days.  No further details outside of that, so take it with a grain of salt, but interesting news I thought anyways.

Ok - this IS getting ridiculous! So TRU helped out by opening A LOT of stores for MidnightMadness freeing up the morning of the 2nd for Target, but now there's a Walmart exclusive? Not to mention the fact that the WalMart flyer is indicating two different times - did anyone else notice that? In a bigger font it says "April 2nd & 3rd - 8am - 4pm" in a smaller font it says "All new Episode III merchandise on sale at 12:01 am on April 2nd"....

Does this mean that if you have a Walmart that DOESN'T normally open at midnight, it WILL BE open at midnight on the 2nd or does this only apply to the Walmarts that are open 24hours?

*UGH*
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Security guards.  For an action figure.

Excuse me for just a moment...

WHAT THE ****?

First it was waiting in line to get a figure, and now apparently you have to run a picket line to get one of these figures.  Are they going to have policemen in riot gear standing by with water hoses and rubber bullets in case they run out of figures?   ::)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Security guards.  For an action figure.

Excuse me for just a moment...

WHAT THE ****?

First it was waiting in line to get a figure, and now apparently you have to run a picket line to get one of these figures.  Are they going to have policemen in riot gear standing by with water hoses and rubber bullets in case they run out of figures?   ::)

HAH!

That would tickle me so pink if that happened.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Rebelscum now has a slight update on the rumored Early Bird set.  A reader has sent in a picture of the tag on pallet found in a Wal-Mart stockroom.  It reads "S E-Bird Pallet" and do not stock until 4/2.  The list price is $29.96.  Curious what this is going to be, hopefully we'll get details soon.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2005, 10:14 AM »
It sounds to me like it's going to be a few figures with a display stand of some sort.  I would guess that because of RS's little blurb and the "Early Bird" reference on the cases or pallet. 

I don't know though.  Just a guess.  But I don't know how else they could a $29.96 price tag on it? 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2005, 10:48 AM »
I can't wait until April 3rd when this headache melee is over.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2005, 11:14 AM »
I'm hoping that with a $30 price tag, I'll still be able to snag one after I'm done with Target around 8:30 am....

I'm going to try to get in touch with a friend of mine tonight who might be able to shed some more light on what it is...
Peter