Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 38992 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2005, 05:59 PM »
I'd rather see a film accurate Yoda sitting in the chair too, but I think this is still pretty cool. 

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2005, 11:10 PM »
I'd rather see a film accurate Yoda sitting in the chair too, but I think this is still pretty cool. 

:P

Does anyone know what sculpt this Yoda is based on? I'm kinda hoping it will be able to sit and then I can just insert it into my Jedi Council scene to add some variety...

It would be cool if they release some more Hologram versions of the Jedi Generals, then you could re-create a ROTS council with the "set pieces" from the Hasbro sets....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2005, 11:46 PM »
I thought he was the Yoda/Chian sculpt, but I'm not sure.  I would have preferred he come with a chair, too, but oh well.  I got one of those.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005, 12:13 AM »
I believe Jeff said that Vader was going to be a promo like buy so much stuff on April 2nd and get a free Red Metal vader

A POTF2 one at that ::)

Hmmm.  This is the same sculpt that they used for the 2002 Toy Fair Darth Vader, isn't it?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 9, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Mousedroid.com has an image of the back of the card - looks pretty nice.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Target and their continued mishandling of exclusives.
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2005, 01:52 PM »
RS linky...

36 figures per store of that Lava Vader, huh? I'm glad I don't want that piece of ****.
I'm not lining up on a Saturday morning for this, and I feel sorry for those that do.

I do hope the holo Yoda isn't handled this way. But it sounds like that's only going to be at the Times Square TRU, since it hasn't been confirmed anywhere else, to my knowledge.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Target and their continued mishandling of exclusives.
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2005, 02:08 PM »
If it were a better looking Vader, then I would try and get it, but not this time.

At least this is one Target exclusive that won't be clogging pegs, preventing newer figs from coming in. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2005, 02:18 PM »
36 figures per store, I get that feeling that it won't be popular.  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Yeah, that's not such cool news...  In fact, what's the point of even taking that exclusive if it's only 36 per store.  That makes no sense.  Not to mention, all of us carded/loose completists will be needing two of them.  I wonder if they'll limit them to one per person.  It sounds like they're actually free, so perhaps so.  No mention of a certain amount of stuff you have to purchase to get one, though I'm sure that'll likely wind up being the case.  I guess I won't be getting much sleep that night, following the pursuit of the Holo Yodas at TRU the night before...   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2005, 02:51 PM »
A-Typical of Target really...  I like them generally, as a store, but when it comes to STar Wars they're all about treating it as a collectible and making it a frustrating line to buy there at times.

Not that I harbor any love for Wal-Mart...  Toys R Us is what it is too.  They all are pretty shoddy at times.  I prefer shopping at Target though...  lesser of the 3 evils I guess.  Or of the 4 or 5 evils if you count KB and KM too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Well, I've heard that the Vader is packed at 36 per case and that the amount of cases per store will vary.  

There will be at LEAST 36 figures per store, as some of the larger stores will get more than 1 case...

Target Stores = 1 case of 36
Target Greatland Stores = 2-3 cases of 36, depending on location
Super Target Stores = 2-3 cases, depending on location

My sources seemed to indicate that there were about 45,000 of these figures available to Target.  When you factor in that there are over 1300 Target stores in the USA, that's about 40 per store.  Like I said, the bigger stores get more, the smaller stores get less.

It should end up being limit 1 per person per day (not sure how they can track that though).

In fact, what's the point of even taking that exclusive if it's only 36 per store.

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that the point of this figure is to get your ass into Target on April 2nd.  They could care less about the figure or the people that don't get one.  They just want to make sure they have "something" to offer to try to get your business over TRU or Wal-Mart on April 2nd.

They see it as a "reward" for those who buy stuff at Target on that weekend, and nothing more.  In fact, the low number of them is designed specifically to get you into the store that weekend and no later... they want you to buy as much as you can, as fast as you can so you don't wait for the eventual clearances.   :-\

Jeff

« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 11:27 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2005, 11:58 PM »
I'd guess this would pretty much kill my chances of owning one, because I am definitely not hitting ebay for that.  Here ends my chrome collection. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2005, 02:50 AM »
Well, there's a Super Target nearest to me, so if they get in three cases, I might actually stand a chance of getting one, if I was willing to go to Target way early on a Saturday.

And silly me forgot about the existing Lava Vader thread before making a new one. Duh. ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2005, 08:48 AM »
I think it's kind of a joke really.  However, my Toys R Us does not open until later.  I think 10am.  Wal-Mart will probably have their stuff out around midnight.  So, if I feel up to it I could stand in line at my Target store before 8am.  I doubt there will be more than 36 people standing line at my local Target.  I could be wrong though?  Eh, if I feel like it I may stand in line for it.  Or I may just say screw it and go to Wal-Mart. 

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Those of us in So Cal are fortunate that we have so many Targets to chose from.  Should have no problem finding an out of the way store that won't have a crazy line.