Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 39275 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2005, 11:58 AM »
after seeing the pics of lava vader over at GH, I have to say I'm not to impressed with it. I could take my potf buff vader I already have, slap some reddish-yellow paint on him and make the same thing. :-\
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Yeah, this is another one of those case (like TF Vader) where the packaging is what really sells me on this figure.

I love the re-use of the vOTC clamshell idea as well as the backer card that makes the figure less "rounded". 

I plan on keeping this guy carded and put up on the wall, if I don't snag a second for the loose collection, that is fine with me.  I probably wouldn't open it anyway.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Not to brag, but I was lucky enough to have a forum member sell me one of his that he found early for cost.

No, that's not bragging at all ruiner...  Congrats is more like it! 

Bragging would be getting 2 of them and putting 1 of them on Ebay.  But I won't get into all that stuff.  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Yeah, this is another one of those case (like TF Vader) where the packaging is what really sells me on this figure.

I love the re-use of the vOTC clamshell idea as well as the backer card that makes the figure less "rounded". 

I plan on keeping this guy carded and put up on the wall, if I don't snag a second for the loose collection, that is fine with me.  I probably wouldn't open it anyway.

Jeff

I feel exactly the same way. With the Toy Fair Vader, I had no idea he was going to end up being as hard to get or expensive as he did - I ordered two from the fanclub and I opened one up!

This time, I'm going to try to get three (if I can convince another family member to come as well, as many as four). The first one is for my MOC collection, the second is actually for my friend who works for Hasbro and will be up at the nearest tent sale holding three EB kits for me. IF I can get a third it will be to open. If I get a fourth, I'll offer it up here.

But if all I end up with is two, I'll give my second one to my friend and never get one to open - or perhaps I'll just wait until they drop down into the $40 range and grab a second one two or three years from now - never know...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
What time are U hitting target?
« Reply #199 on: April 1, 2005, 04:32 PM »
I was just wonderin what time you plan to get in line at target?  I like the holo yoda, but I would prefer the vader.  I'm tring to get a feel on what time I should arrive.

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: April 1, 2005, 04:56 PM »
I plan on getting there around 6am ish.

Early enough to get there before teh 6:30am time that seems to be the start time for the tickets to be passed out...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #201 on: April 1, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Well a couple of things,

1. the Target by my house says they have no Star Wars in stock

2. I found a Target that says they have the Vader but are opening at 8:00 AM

3. There is 1 guy on ebay that is selling 15 of them. :( That is just terrible.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: April 1, 2005, 07:29 PM »
All the Targets are opening at 8am that next morning, Daniel.  They're not doing the "Midnight Madness" like TRU and WM.  Folks are lining up early in the morning for tickets they'll be handing out for however many Lava Vaders they have on hand.

The group I'm heading out with is just going to be pulling an all nighter, so once we're done with the first two stores, we'll roll by a couple Targets to see if lines are developing, and judge when we're going to join in accordingly.  I'd guess we'll be in the Target line by 6am at the latest though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #203 on: April 1, 2005, 09:19 PM »
All the Targets are opening at 8am that next morning, Daniel.  They're not doing the "Midnight Madness" like TRU and WM.  Folks are lining up early in the morning for tickets they'll be handing out for however many Lava Vaders they have on hand.

The group I'm heading out with is just going to be pulling an all nighter, so once we're done with the first two stores, we'll roll by a couple Targets to see if lines are developing, and judge when we're going to join in accordingly.  I'd guess we'll be in the Target line by 6am at the latest though.

Thats cool, I thought i read that the Target stores that would be taking part int he exclusives would be opening at 6:30 AM. I could have read wrong or just in a daze with all this exclusive stuff.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 1, 2005, 09:27 PM »
My understanding is that Target plans to hand out the tickets for the Lava Vader at 6:30, then open at 8.

Good luck!   :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 2, 2005, 03:07 PM »
I rolled my tired body out of bed and roamed to the Target a block away.  There were two guys ahead of my wife and I at 6:30 AM.  We went and got some donuts and coffee and came back at 7:30 AM.  We were about 6th and 7th in line and got ours fine.

There were 36 at my Target and the store supervisor just started handing tickets out.  An older gentleman just looked at his and handed it to my wife ;D!

I have noticed that the bubbles all have a ding or two.  What was the condition of the Vader or Vaders you all got?

By the time I went to the register 15 min. later all the Lava Vaders were almost gone.  I stopped by two other Targets today hoping to swap mine out for better cases and no dice!

All in all it was a neat experience!

DBK

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #206 on: April 2, 2005, 03:17 PM »
I was the first one in line, they didnt give us tickets, they were all hanging on the pegs. No cups though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 2, 2005, 04:09 PM »
We found 3 different cups.

And the first Target we went to GAVE us the Vader figures - free.

The second Target (I went to get one to open) charged us the standard 12.99

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 2, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I saw labelled pegs at Target, so I'm assuming they sold them on the pegs. Sold out, of course, but its okay since I didn't want one anyway.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 2, 2005, 06:31 PM »
I was able to pick up the vader, but at my target they dumped them in a buggy. The plastic on the bottom of the figure is so thin they got alittle dinged.