Author Topic: To PG or not PG  (Read 6696 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: To PG or not PG
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 04:32 PM »
I googled it first and didn't come up with anything.  You would think that if anything like that came out, it would be with the AP, and that would hit all sorts of news sites.  I'm curious to see what the writer's response will be.  I'd be more interested in seeing what the writer's editor would say about this.  The article wasn't written by Stephen Glass, was it?  ;)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 03:29 PM »
I got a reply:

It's not on the MPAA website. I checked, too. I called the MPAA in LA directly for the confirmation. It's at 818 995 6600.

I'm too lazy to call, but it certainly sounds as though he fact checked it. Nice of him to write back.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 03:30 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Not sure if this is old or not, but I just saw a commercial on TV, and it said "Rated PG-13". I guess we have our answer.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 10:19 AM »
We picked up our tickets for a May 19th showing of ROTS last week, and according to the tickets, it is rated PG-13, if that is any indication.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 06:56 PM »
When Lucas had kids, he decided "Star Wars" was a kids movie.  That how we ended up with the Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks.  Maybe he's finally realizing that, even though kids may like the movies, it's not a "kids movie".

I don't have a problem with the PG-13 rating for SW.  (Although I thought it was stupid when they came up with the rating after "Temple of Doom" -- parents ought to be aware of what movies their children are seeing and what they're about without relying on a set of judges to tell them what's appropriate.)
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff