Author Topic: I'm going to do it....  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I'm going to do it....
« on: April 1, 2005, 11:49 PM »
I feel so enlightened. 8) I was trying to figure out where I am going to put all the new figures tonight, because I am out of wall sapce for these. I have been trying to get at least 1 MOMC and 1 loose of every figure as well as army build. My wallet hates me for it. ::) ;) But I got to thinking I only have $230 to spend tonight and I really want lots of clones and Jedi, and to be able to get them and get as many as possible I figured I have to open them all. I and I don't tthink I've ever been more excite. I'm going to kick the MOMC habit, I am now a loose collector first and a MOMC collector second. I think I'm only going to get figures to have carded if I have nothing else to buy and I already have the figure loose. An maybe some time soon I'll kick the habit completely and open up all my old figures, I'm not quit ready for that yet, but maybe someday. ;) ;D
« Last Edit: April 1, 2005, 11:50 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to do it....
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Wait till you see how much packaging that has to go into the bin after you go back an open stuff.
Welcome to the club
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2005, 10:45 PM »
 ;D CONRATS!  ;D

I decided to do the same thing around mid point of POTJ. I do get any yoda, Vader and Boba Fett's carded also so as to have a representation of all the good and bad packaging through the years...

"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2005, 11:24 PM »
I've been stuck on the on the 1 MOMC and 1 Loose (plus troops) kick since 1995.   At this point there's no turning back.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2005, 11:24 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Pliscken

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!..NO IM NOT!! ARE 2!..hehe R2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2005, 05:57 AM »
I don't have a job so i am getting everyone MOMC first, then getting the ones i like for loose.

Wait! lol i hate figuring things out while typing, i have a bank acount with TONS fo money in it hahahha woot!!!
Man kinda sounds like im bragging but i just got really excited there lol.

I am interested how u cuys et up your figures, i've been thinking of more shelves in my room to put the MOMC on, that or organize them on the wall by number and hand them with a tack, NOT through the card, but have the card hand on it. I am interested in your ways of doing..i have a lot of wall space :D

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Good for you! I kicked the habit a few weeks back, and I'm enjoying the extra room!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I always collected one opener and one carded.  A while back I opened everything and sold the balance.  Just keeping a few figs carded.  I ultimately regretted it and recollected everthing all over again.  The fortuneate thing is that it was unbelievably cheap collected the 2nd time.  I picked up most figs MOC for 2$2-3 ea. minus army builders. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Ah, another collector kicks the MOMC habit... now you can afford more figures for your loose displays.  Enjoy! 

A good friend of mine recently did the same thing.  He says he enjoys collecting 100% more now.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2005, 06:56 PM »
I've been stuck on the on the 1 MOMC and 1 Loose (plus troops) kick since 1995.   At this point there's no turning back.

Ditto.  I could never decide which way to go, so I took the easy way out and just did both.  Much safer that way...   ;)

But congrats on becoming an opener SLC.  Probably a bit more "fun" that way, I'm sure...

Offline Newman

• Youngling
  • Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2005, 07:06 PM »
Ah yes another one falls to the dark side errr I mean loose side  ;)  I saw the cloth goods and just had to touch.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 5, 2005, 05:13 PM »
It is a lot more fun opening them.  I've never been able to keep anything carded, except for the Holiday 3PO/R2D2 set.  And one set of VOTC's.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 7, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I tried this for E1, mostly for financial reasons. Then the E1 stuff went on clearance for $2. I coudn't resist, so I'm back to Carded and loose.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jensen1969

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 7, 2005, 03:26 PM »
I think that anytime you find what suits you best and makes you happy, you're ahead of the game.  Personally, I like every figure MOMC, but not loose.  That mostly applies to the Prequel figures for me, cause I'm just not that entralled with them, but I do like a lot of the ROTS figures coming out, so that will probably change.   ;D