Author Topic: Holo Yoda?  (Read 21950 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Holo Yoda?
« Reply #75 on: April 7, 2005, 12:15 AM »
Got mine today as well.

I think I want another one to keep carded, but I'm avoiding ROTS packaged figures at all costs, so I doubt it'll happen.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 7, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Damn, these must have been on Amazon for like 15 minutes. I checked repeatedly on Friday night around midnite and never saw the page go "live" to order them  :-\

And of course, the two TRU stores I went to on 4/2 didn't get any of them  :'(

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 7, 2005, 07:17 AM »
If anyone needs one, drop me a line.  There are a bunch of these on the pegs now at my TRU.  I picked a couple of extras up last night that I will sell for cost or will work out some kind of trade. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #78 on: April 7, 2005, 12:27 PM »
I got mine in the mail today from Amazon :)

How was the condition?

It arrived in good condition, no problems.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 7, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Got mine last tuesday also. Mint condition in a rather large amazon box.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 9, 2005, 06:10 PM »
Does anyone know if you can use your receipt from MM to get the Holo Yoda?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #81 on: April 9, 2005, 06:50 PM »
I doubt it. That would kind of defeat the purpose of releasing it on 4/10.

But I bet there are some TRU employees that might do it. Doesn't hurt to try.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2005, 03:39 PM »
How did it go for everyone that went to TRU today?

I managed to get my 1 opener and 1 carded Yoda, but I had to go to two stores, and frustration, to do so.

The first and closest TRU I went to had no new merchandise on the floor. No ARC-170 or Gunship advertised in their Sunday ad, no new figures, no AT-RTs, nothing. Not even the Unleashed figures that I was putting off until today. In order to amass $50 worth of merchandise for two Yodas, I was forced to pick up a Boga, BARC Speeder, Sneak Preview Starfighter, and Agen Kolar. But, when I reached the checkout, they were limiting the freebie to one per customer. They wouldn't let me break up my merchandise into two purchases, either. So instead of selling $55-odd worth of merchandise to a customer, they got $30. Then, the Yoda was unceremoniously pitched into the bag. Thud.

I got the car, checked it out, and it looked terrible, Banged up, dented, the works. I took it back inside, went to the customer service counter, and asked for a nice one -- if they're going to limit them, I figured it was the least they could do. The woman takes mine, grabs another, passes it to me... and it's thrashed, too. When I say that's no good, she hastily grabs the box from below, huffs it on the counter, and rolls her eyes as she turns away.

Quality, all the way!

I drove to the next TRU and found basically the same situation with their inventory, so I asked the counter (this time, someone helpful) for a figure. She opened up a new box and let me root through for a nice one. I just paid the 9.99 for it since I was sick of all the bull****.

I suppose I could have just bought some duplicate figures of earlier figures from MM at Walmart, and returned them at the Wally store, but this whole experience with exclusives has been absolute bull**** and I'm more than happy to pay 10 bucks to have it over with.

Today did nothing to help my opinion of Toys R Us.

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I got me one today with a purchase. They weren't out on the pegs, but behind the counter so it was still in pretty good shape. If I ever see em on the pegs, I may get another one, but I'm glad I was able to get him today.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2005, 04:46 PM »
I got one of only 12 my store got.  I'm glad I went early, I would have been upset if I missed out on him.  They had the ARC-170 but no new figs.  I bought five I didn't have yet.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2005, 08:05 PM »
My TRU had a big bin of them, and was selling  them for 9.99.  I bought the ARC-170, and got Yoda free.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2005, 08:08 PM »
I was able to get two minty holo Yoda's today.  J, at my local TRU in AZ the condition of the figures was just fine.  I got a Luke X-Wing and Tusken Raider Unleashed that I had been waiting to get for the opportune time.

My wife and I tried getting a Vader Bank, but the clerk said only Hasbro items so I got two more Luke X-Wing Unleashed.  Hopefully at the TRU by my job they will have a ROTS Ani and Obi to exchange the extras for.

It seemed like my local TRU had a limited shipment.  The clerk mentioned she had 7 left.

Goof figure and great card / cardback.  While reading the back of the card...

This Yoda figure was created especially for Toys R Us to celebrate the release of the final episode in the Star Wars saga, Revenge of the Sith.

...it dawned on me that the end is almost here.  Boy I hope this is a great movie!

DBK

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Got one free yoda  today, also got the attacktix starter set and free booster(actually my second starter rang at &7.99 vs. $9.99, so I got 2 free boosters and $2 off a starter).  ;D

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2005, 09:57 PM »
Got one for me and one for a friend.  Some jerk was actually allowed to get 20 of them.  The bin was empty within 2 minutes of the store opening.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2005, 10:26 PM »
No dice for dear old Famine, as they were all gone by 11:00 am, and there were several collectors scowering the place for Holo Yodas at the TRU. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...