Author Topic: Holo Yoda?  (Read 21949 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Holo Yoda?
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I didn't even get out today for it...  Bummer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2005, 12:43 AM »
I was able to get one this morning 4/12, as I was visiting my friend in Champaign last night.  I looked for $25 worth of stuff to get, but they were pretty cleaned out.  I went to the counter and asked the lady if I could just buy it for the $9.99 and she said sure.   :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 02:07 PM by Padawan »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2005, 11:48 AM »
I headed to TRU about 20 minutes after it opened yesterday, but there was no sign of the Holo Yodas at our particular store.  No big deal I guess, hopefully they'll show up on Amazon again, I've been checking every so often just in case.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I was there right when it opened and got mine.  They did not seem to have a shortage but did not really ask.  It's an ok exclusive but you are not missing anything IMO if you don't get it.  I was glad to get it for "free" with my other purchases.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Got one for me and one for a friend.  Some jerk was actually allowed to get 20 of them.  The bin was empty within 2 minutes of the store opening.

:P

That stuff sucks.  I can see maybe loosening up the "rules" a bit if by the second or third day there's some left, and maybe someone wants an extra one, but 20 of them...c'mon.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2005, 08:47 AM »
My TRU had a bunch of them in a bin, all with a $9.99 price sticker.  I grabbed the mintiest one, decided what to buy to get to $25 (two figures and the Boga) and checked out.  No problems whatsoever.  I imagine I could have bought it outright for $10 and have no problems.  It's easy to argue when the price sticker is right on the merchandise.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2005, 06:31 PM »
In the UK you had to buy 2 figures to get a Holo yoda.  Needless to say they disappeared almost immediately.  I could not go to MM as I was unwell but fortunately the offer was available online (very briefly) so I was able to get 2 clones for an "army" and a Holo Yoda  :)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Interesting tid bit I stummbled upon because of the Holo Yoda's. On Sunday 4/10 I tried o get credit for the Yoda I bought with a $25 purchase at MM and was denyed saying that corporate said they wouldnt allow it. Figuring that the manager was giving me a hard time, I went again on Monday to try again as was told that they couldnt because they dropped their price guaranty policy. I called Customer service to confirm, and that did go into effect on Monday the 11th, the day after I asked for the credit.

CS told me to talk to the manager from Sunday and ask for the credit and if they refuse, to call them back.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2005, 04:56 AM »
Do any of you guys know if TRUs are selling the Yodas by itself?
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Do any of you guys know if TRUs are selling the Yodas by itself?

If you can still find one at your local TRU, yes they should be willing to simply sell it to you for $9.99.

One TRU near me just put them all in a bin and let you buy them OR get them for free with a $25 purchase. In sharp contrast another store near me kept them all behind the customer service counter and only let you have one if you were going to purchase $30 worth of stuff. However, last Friday they finally decided "screw it" and put what they had left on a single peg. They didn't last long there.

- Peter
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Thanks for the info Pete_Fett. I'll run out to my TRU tomorrow to see if they have anymore left.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2005, 06:15 PM »
I bought all my stuff at Wal-mart on the first day.  I figured I'd wait on TRU, because the Yoda wouldn't be out until April 10.

So on April 10 -- I forgot.

I went a few days later, and the first thing I did was stop at customer service and ask.  The kid didn't know and the older woman seemed annoyed that I asked, but said they were out and didn't know if they'd get more in.

So, I walked over to the section, where a big printed sign proclaimed that "Holo Yodo is free with purchase" -- so I took the sign down and took it over to the customer service desk and said they should take the sign down if they don't have any in stock.

By the time I left, the sign was back up.  So I went back to customer service and asked for the district manager's name and told 'em my beef.  The two women that were at the desk then, and some customer who had to stick his nose in, all said the sign was fine because it said "while supplies last."  They told me to call 1-800-TOYSRUS to complain.

So I did, and talked to some guy in India, who didn't seem to understand my complaint.  Then some other guy from India called me back and said he was at the corporate office and tried to make excuses too.  Finally, he said he'd have someone call me back.

It took a couple of days to actually connect, but that person was actually at the local store.  I told him it's my own fault I missed the figure, but they shouldn't advertise it as though they have them in stock.  The "while supplies last" is there in case I walk up two minutes after they handed the last one out.  He said he understood my complaint, and he'd discussed it with the district manager and they'd agreed to take the signs down.  And if I still wanted a Yoda, he'd picked one up while he was at another store an hour away and he'd put my name on it.

Long story -- happy ending. :)

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Everyone have one of these?

If not, you might want to check out the JediDefender Give Away Page for the details on how you can enter to win one!   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2005, 01:49 PM »
I have my virtual fingers crossed.  ;D
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: June 1, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Due to some e-mail problems, we just extended the giveaway for the Holo Yoda a couple days - through tomorrow night now.  So hurry up and get your entry in if you're still in need of one of these!