Author Topic: ROTS Opening Weekend Great Collector's Challenge  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: ROTS Opening Weekend Great Collector's Challenge
« Reply #45 on: April 2, 2005, 11:25 PM »
Here's how I faired today...
Guess total = $576.52

Actual Total = $527.44

My total was a bit smaller that I thought -

I saved some on the fact that there were only Figures 1-32 here in MN (that I saw), so it dropped me by 15 figures ($75 or so).  Plus, I got the Target coupon (another $20 savings).

However, I made up part of the the difference by grabbing the Wal-Mart EB Kit...  ::)

I know, I know - I'm a hippocrite because I said I didn't want it but the damn OCD kicked in.  I can always sell it later/return it if I change my mind.  :-\

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 2, 2005, 11:27 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2005, 11:36 PM »
My guess: $260

$368, so I went over.  I also bought 2 Lava Vaders though and I wasn't planning on them either.  And the Holo Yoda so that was an extra $37

I also bought 2 books that I didn't include but should have I guess.  And that is an extra $36.    So I probably should have counted some of that stuff.  I may also return some of the Jedi I bought tomorrow.  They are great figures but I haven't displayed my Episode I and II stuff for a while and its silly to have extras.  AND I'm cutting back :P

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: How much??
« Reply #47 on: April 3, 2005, 01:05 AM »
I'm reading these posts all over of people buying this stuff and it's scaring me.
How much did you guys spend over the weekend??
Go on humour me.
Me i stayed strong and only got 2 red guards for trade thats it.
The stuff didn't do anything for me figure wise , but i have to say walking into a store and seeing starwars like that was really good, and seeing kids getting stuff was even better.
So anyway i spent a measly $26 Aus ( figs were $12.99 at target )
What about you??

I had intended only to buy 3 or 4 figures, and wound up walking out with over $100 in toys. Will have to do an actual tally for the challenge thread in Wattos.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #48 on: April 3, 2005, 03:43 AM »
Spent about $120 total, though I bought two of those Clone Wars 3-packs for Dale, so it's a bit inflated.

I'll spend even more next week, when I pick up the Darth Vader case and the Early Bird package, IF it's still in stock at WM.com.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 3, 2005, 10:33 AM »
At first my wife said you can spend $100.  My birthday is coming up and mom and dad said they would give me $40.  Well I went for the WM Early Bird set and the 12 inch Ultimate Vader and General Grievous.  I ended up paying $200 almost to the penny alltogether.  The wife let it slide though.  I got most everything I wanted.  Now I can slowly fill in the gaps the rest of the year.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 3, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Cool, just about half of my guess. Total: $381
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 4, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Here's what I spent on 4/2 (I didn't make it out for midnite madness... but that's a long story).

Target #1 - $356.77 (AFTER the $1 off each figure coupon AND the extra 10% for opening a Target charge card account  ::) )
Wal*Mart - $198.68
TRU - $130.15
Target #2 - $75.18
Wak*Mart.com (early bird sets THANKS DALE  ;D ) - $70.06
Barnes & Noble - $48.27

Total - $879.11  :o

And to think, I was just supposed to be picking and choosing, and not going overboard. Good thing I didn't. Worst part? For some ungodly reason, I decided it would be a good idea to bring my GF with me... WTF was I thinking?? She didn't bitch too much, but she rolled her eyes every time I put another Clone Trooper in my basket/cart.

And I'm not even done yet, there were a whole bunch of figures I couldn't find. None of the stores I hit had anything higher than #32, and the pickings were slim on #25 - 32 so I'm still missing a few here and there.  Picked up a few of the Unleashed, all the 12", Galactic Heroes, Force Battlers, and a few Deluxe figures. No vehicles what so ever, they will have to be at a later time.

:(

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 4, 2005, 04:30 AM »
Here is my total and what I picked up. 

12" General Grievous
2 X General Grievous Unleashed
2 X Obi-Wan Unleashed
2 X Anakin Unleashed
Call Upon Yoda (I had no desire to get this, but after taking him home I have decided he is awesome)

Total $147.07 with tax from Wal-Mart

I still hope to get a Lava Vader & Holographic Yoda, but the nearest TRU & Target are an hour away.   :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: April 4, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Mine was about $600.  Picked up a couple extra of each of the exclusives for some friends, so technically that doesn't count against my total.  Passed on the larger ships though, to pick up next week with a couple Holo Yodas.

Didn't see Battle Arenes anywhere but KB, so I passed on all of those for now too, saving myself another $120+.  Only other thing I didn't see was the AT-RT, and figures #37-40.  Otherwise, I picked up everything I was planning too, plus some extra exlusives, like WM's diecast ships and Targets Micro vehicles and a couple cup sets.

Refrained from all the books and such as well.  Too spoiler laden, and I don't have the will power to buy them and not look through/read them.  I'll get those next month though.  Fun times though.  Fun times.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 4, 2005, 06:29 AM »
My guess was $1351.28

Some things I had listed in my guess didn't come out, but I also didn't need the Deluxe figures (found them early) and I was able to get my figures for $4.99 from Target, $5.29 from TRU and $5.24 from WalMart - so the price of $5.99 was off.....Ok so without further pontificating, here are my totals:

TRU: $644.34
WalMart: $163.51
Target: $348.80
KB Toys: $116.56

Total: $1273.21

In case anyone is curious, here is the breakdown of what I bought:
  • 2x Holo Yoda
  • 3x Lava Vader (I actually bought four, but one was for a friend who I got the money from, so I'm not counting it in my total)
  • ~58x Basic Figures (bought 2x of #1 - #32, and one Vader Medic and one Polis Massan, everything else was figures for my son to play with - I don't recall how many for sure, I just let him put whatever he wanted in the basket)
  • 5x Deluxe Figures (2x of the Palpatine/Sidious deluxe, bought 3 more (Anakin/Vader, Grevious & Palpatine/Sidious for my son to play with)
  • 2x ARC-170, 1x Gunship
  • 4x Battle Arenas
  • 2x Early Bird Kits
  • 6x Cup w/Figure Sets
  • 6x Small Vehicles
  • 6x Unleashed
  • 3x 12" Figures
  • 1x Ultimate Villian Vader
  • 1x 12" Chewie Exclusive

I don't think I left anything out, I completed this list from memory, while the total $$$ spent came straight from the bottom of receipts...

Does this mean I'm in the running to be crowned the "winner"?  ;D

- Peter
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 01:49 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: April 4, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Here's how I faired today...
Guess total = $576.52

Actual Total = $527.44

Since I took my reciept to Target totday to get a price adjustment, I can knock $53.14 off the total!

Actual Total = $474.30  Woo-Hoo!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 4, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Nice, a puppy.  The gift that keeps costing money :P

Well, for today I only picked up four basic figures and one deluxe.  Sadly that ran $62 CAD ::) or about $48 USD. 

Last night I ordered four blue guards from TRU.com for $26ish delivered.  Now tell me again why I buy anything in Canada ::)

For the entire release, including what I bought previously it worked out like this:

III-01 Obi-Wan Kenobi x1
III-02 Anakin Skywalker x1
III-05 Chewbacca x1
III-06 Clone Trooper x5
III-09 General Grevious x1
III-10 Mace Windu x1
III-11 Darth Vader x1
III-12 Emperor Palpatine x1
III-14 Chancellor Palpatine x1
III-18 C-3PO x1
III-20 Agen Kolar x1
III-23 Royal Guard x 10 (6 2 blue, 4 red)
III-25 Tarfful x1
III-37 Tri Droid (Medical Droid) x1
III-39 Polis Massan x1
III-40 Mas Amedda x1

Boga with Obi x1
BARC with pilot x1
Deluxe Anakin/Vader x1

So, 29 regular figures, 1 deluxe, 2 vehicles.  Around $140 based on US pricing, a little more with crappy Canadian prices.

Got 12 free figure boxes from TRU though, that was nice.

Modified ::)  Amazon overfilled their orders, what a shock ::) No blue guards for me from them, so I'm down to two and knock $25-ish off my total.  Thanks again to Paul (pmundheim) for helping out with those 2 you got for me :)

I could probably add the shipping cost of the trade for the Target Vader from DBK for my red ARC (Thanks Matt).  I could also probably add the stuff Beth got me and Matt's Walmart "paper" but I'll wait until I have totals to see if there's any shipping.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 4, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Here's my totals for the weekend:

27 Basic Figures @ $5.24 each=$141.48
3 Unleashed Figures @ $14.88 each=$44.64
3 Sets Galactic Heroes @ $4.79 each=$14.37
2 Target Cup and Figure Sets @ $9.99each=$19.98
Boga w/Obi Wan, BARC Speeder @ $14.86 each=$29.72
Obi-Wan's Starfighter=$19.86
ARC 170 Starfighter=$29.99
Wal-Mart Early Bird Exclusive=$29.96

Weekend Total=Approx. $330.00

Easily the most I've spent in a day, and actually, the most I've spent in a month (and its just the beginning!).  I've been saving up, but I still got a bit of a pit in my stomach paying that much at once...for toys :P.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 5, 2005, 09:45 AM »
I had a doozy of a weekend.  Grand total: $44.37.  Only bought two Unleashed (Anakin and Obi Wan) and two figures (clonetrooper and Tarfull).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 5, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I still can't beleive how much money you guys are spending!!
I just can't can't beleive it, it's actually kinda scary, i have to admit if i went in all gun blazing i would have spent a good $600-700 thank god i'm not!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself