Author Topic: Jango Fett: Open Seasons  (Read 5719 times)

Jango Fettish

Jango Fett: Open Seasons
« on: March 19, 2003, 11:59 PM »
I can't believe nobody started a thread for Open Seasons! For shame!  >:(

Anywho, I was never a big fan of E.U., aside from maybe the visual dictionaries, cross sections, etc. I picked up all 4 Open Seasons from a member on RS, took a look, and was completely blown away. The story flowed, the art was dope, and it wasn't full of un-credible characters.

It ended up tying in nicely with the Bounty Hunter video game as well.

I used to ignore E.U. strictly for it's not so believable story lines. I am glad I got these books, as well as the trade paperback.

Unfortunately, I was not as equally impressed withthe graphic novel. It seemed a little too "Spawn: Dark Ages" for me. I guess I like "hip" animation and color.

Anyway, anyone else a fan of the series? I just wanna see that I am not all alone here!  :P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Jango Fett: Open Seasons
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 04:23 PM »
One of my friends just got this about a week ago and I read it in about a half hour.  What an awesome comic book!  The pictures were well illustrated, and it had a great story line.  I'm going to be ordering one from Dark Horse Comics sometime next month I think.

I've never been into comics all that much, but after reading that I'm definitely hooked!
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 05:30 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't been much of a comic books fan since maybe the early 90's, around the time when I took up sports. I'd love to get back into comics, given DH can put out visually appealing stuff such as "Open Seasons".

Gotta do some research on the artists.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 02:56 PM »

Unfortunately, I was not as equally impressed withthe graphic novel. It seemed a little too "Spawn: Dark Ages" for me. I guess I like "hip" animation and color.

Anyway, anyone else a fan of the series? I just wanna see that I am not all alone here!  :P

do you meant he graphic novel of the same name?

yeah i loved that series. i always liked the bounty hunter titles, always fun for me.

i like the comics much more than books.

the republic series is quite good actually. especially of late.
great dcharacters liek quinlan vos, aayla secura.   :D

Jango Fettish

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Guess I shoulda clarified. I meant that the First Shot was crappy art. I love the actual TPB of all 4 comics.

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 01:52 AM »
 :)I read Open Seasons and fell in love with it. I liked the story line as well and I thought the art wasn't too bad. I have issues 3 and 4 and plan on getting the whole series soon.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 08:51 PM »
 The thing I liked most about this EU story is how they portrayed the Mandalorians in "Open seasons". It says straight up in the beginning of the first issue that mandalorians under jaster's command were mercenaries plain and simple. they were soldiers doing their job and nothing else, which is very boba/jango fett.

Other forms of EU always portray Mandalorians as honour-bound warriors with deep-rooted traditions and I'm not really one for that because it doesn't really match up with Jango and boba's lifestyles. I'm not saying that boba and jango were amoral, I'm just saying that they weren't too strung up with honor.

Plus, Jaster kicks ass.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 4, 2005, 11:44 AM »
i've been wanting to make a JEDI count dooku custom are there any good reference pictures of him in it?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 10:02 PM »
i've been wanting to make a JEDI count dooku custom are there any good reference pictures of him in it?

There are some fairly good ones in issue #3. He's beardless in his brush with the mandalorians on Galidraan

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 03:30 AM »
Need some clarification.  "Open Seasons" is four seperate comics, and then there is another version  a "Trade" paperback, which is a graphic novel?  I've been meaning to pick these up, but just want to make sure I know what to look for.  Thanks.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 05:34 AM »
I don't think so...I never saw 4 separate covers. If there were, I'd be interesting in finding some too. :)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 1, 2005, 07:58 PM »
I don't think so...I never saw 4 separate covers. If there were, I'd be interesting in finding some too. :)

There are indeed 4 issues. The 4th wasn't as readily available, though. Which is why a lot of people have the Graphic Novel paperback.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 2, 2005, 07:16 PM »
IS there anywhere I can find images of those covers? I'd love to know what to look for next Comic-Con. :)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 3, 2005, 11:24 PM »
You could try www.DarkHorse.com. Last time I checked they had all the covers.

Each issue is pretty much pictures of mandalorians in different seasonal backdrops. The first one is of Jaster holding onto a young jango's arm while shooting, the second one is of a mandalorian on his knees lifting up a dead mandalorian, the third one is of jango on his knees and dooku up on a hill behind him, they're both an a snowy area, and the fourth one is in a field it looks like in the spring and jango's shooting with his twin westar-34 blaster pistols.