Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39685 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Wow, those are looking GREAT so far. I'll definately be getting some Clones and a Vader, maybe a Vulture as well.

Are these still going to be $10?

I think they are showing up at the different places at a bit higher price...

TRU:
53772 STAR WARS DLX FIGURE 12.99

Target:
STAR WARS E3 ACTION ASST.: 087-06-1327 $11.99 (some stores say $9.99-10.99)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I think they are showing up at the different places at a bit higher price...

TRU:
53772 STAR WARS DLX FIGURE 12.99

Target:
STAR WARS E3 ACTION ASST.: 087-06-1327 $11.99 (some stores say $9.99-10.99)

The price scanners at the Targets by me, list the price for 087-06-1327 as $9.99, perhaps the price will change I don't know. Maybe they're going to up the price by a dollar and still allow people w/coupons for $1 each figure to take $1 off the price of the deluxe figures too?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Great ! Just when I get my limited budget figured out for what I want, they go and show the Vader table and flying Clone  ???
I can't afford all that :'(
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2005, 02:46 PM »
The price scanners at the Targets by me, list the price for 087-06-1327 as $9.99, perhaps the price will change I don't know. Maybe they're going to up the price by a dollar and still allow people w/coupons for $1 each figure to take $1 off the price of the deluxe figures too?

Yeah, around here at "Target" the DPCI for the deluxe rings up at $9.99, and at "Target Greatland" stores, it rings up at $10.99 for whatever reason.  I'm not sure where that original $11.99 Target price came from, unless that was the original price they had in mind when the list was created (this DPCI list was pulled back in January 05).

Jeff

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2005, 02:53 PM »
This Canuck's got a question - what exactly is the DPCI?  It basically sounds like Target's stock numbers, but how do you guys access this to get prices?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2005, 05:27 PM »
It basically is just that Jesse, and there's price scanners throughout the store, kinda like WM and TRU have, and you can manually type the code in... 

My WM is seemingly doing away with the price scanners anymore...  Targets have them readily available all the time though, but WM and TRU here both seem to be taking them out or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2005, 05:43 PM »
It basically is just that Jesse, and there's price scanners throughout the store, kinda like WM and TRU have, and you can manually type the code in... 

Oh, OK.  I didn't realize you could actually manually type the codes in.  Like you mentioned, I've only ever used those scanners seen in WM and TRU, where you have to scan the UPC.

Thank you sir.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Yeah, I dunno if you can do that manually at WM or TRU...  I know Target has a number pad to type it in though...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Deluxe Wave 3:

Clone Troopers
Crab Droid (w/Walking Action, like the CW Spider Droid)
Stass Allie w/Speederbike (not sure if it's a BARC or regular bike)
NEW Spider Droid

Due in June/July...

No pictures yet, just the descriptions were passed along.

I'm curious to see what "Clone Troopers" means...  :)

Jeff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Sounds like a 3-pack with E3 heads...  I'd be surprised if it isn't, and it is actually something like 3 of the SA Clones from ROTS or some such.  I'd be friggin' amazed actually.

This smacks of the army builder 3-pack with a new head, at most.

I gotta say, I long for a BD 3-pack of just 3 BD's anymore.  Damned if I'm not hearing that BD in ROTS's line isn't as flimsy as Saga's was though too.  :(  Why can't Hasbro make a Sturdy droid like they did in Episode One's line?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2005, 01:01 PM »
Stass Allie or Adi Gallia?  And how do you tell the difference based on past performance?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Stass Allie or Adi Gallia?  And how do you tell the difference based on past performance?

Adi Gallia is no longer on the council and I would be willing to bet that there is an EU source out there that explains that she has since passed on in between AOTC and ROTS - Stass Allie is now on the council even though Adi Gallia was on the council in EP2 (appeared via stock footage shot during the filming of TPM)

To be honest, George's insistance that he can make the rest of the council inter-changeable is actually kinda annoying. Agen Kolar and Stass Allie exist because UK extras were used for the filming of TPM and instead of flying them in for AOTC he brought in new people to stand-in for them in the arena sequences. However, since they looked so incredibly different these two new Jedi were created. Adi Gallia at least was given the EU role she played during the Jedi Starfighter video game. I have no idea what Eeth Koth was up to.

The interesting thing is that you can tell when Saesee Tiin is being played by different people too - which is a disappointment. I'm glad that George has at least been consistent with Ki Adi Mundi and having Silas Carson play him throughout.

Sorry for the tangent...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2005, 01:10 PM »
Sorry, that was sarcasm aimed at the TRU sets.  Where's the damn sarcasm icon?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Sorry, that was sarcasm aimed at the TRU sets.  Where's the damn sarcasm icon?

Sorry - I should have picked up on that - of course you are correct - who the heck can tell the difference between the two characters, which <edit>

Alright, I already went off on the subject once, I'm not going to do it again... *grr*
Peter

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 01:47 PM »
I hope one of the clonetroopers has that blue design seen in Pete Fett's avatar.