Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39676 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Not a fan of the 3-pack at all myself...  To me, the mold for a SA figure is done, so put 3 in a box with some rifles and you're set.  That's army building along my tastes.

This set I'll nab one of and I'll pick basic Clones up when and where I can so long as it isn't KB/KM's outrageous markup.  Even the Collection 1 Clone's grown on me some and is better than these 3-pack versions to me.

The Vader's very nice...  He'll be a one-time purchase mostly (I could easily see reusing those tables in medical bay dioramas though...  Hmmm), but a nice figure.  The Clones aren't something I want to see variants in personally.  I'd sooner just have the one set to buy and be done with it, and let the SA bodysculpts get the variations then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2005, 05:15 PM »
The Clones aren't something I want to see variants in personally.  I'd sooner just have the one set to buy and be done with it, and let the SA bodysculpts get the variations then.

Good point.

As things stand now, I'm looking at getting 1 QuickDraw Clone, 2 of the SA (#40something), and however many of the 3-packs I can get my hands on. Mind you, that's just the white infantry, not including the Pilots, Officers, and other types.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I'm gonna nab some of the Collection 1 Quick Draw guy...  He'd be a good dead clone at least.

My goal really is to pick up a lot of the Commander Cody for ARC Trooper customs, AT-TE Gunner for grunts with removable helmets, the #41 Clone for the fact he looks like just a vanilla super articulated grunt, and that 3-pack for completist's sake.

How many I get of each will depend mostly on how many I can afford.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2005, 05:59 PM »
You know what would be awesome: a 3-pack of troopers standing at attention. Much like the bootleg AOTC troopers. These wouldn't even need leg articulation, and only minimal arm artic.

SilverZ

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2005, 06:03 PM »
Jesse, I'm with you on this. Looking back, I was jazzed when the CW 3-packs hit, but once the SA version showed up, the preposed Clones just lost their luster. I find them, in the end, to actually fail in their main purpose – army building. They’re too preposed to do the trick for me. Valin's neutral stanced versions would be a great idea to help this problem.

That’s why the EE packs are so exciting, and I hope that type of idea is in Hasbro’s plans for normal retail chains regarding the ROTS SA Clone. They could continue to crank out paint variants on that for a long time and I’ll keep buying.

For these 3-packs, I’ll buy my standard one carded and one opener, but that will be it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2005, 06:11 PM »
I don't know if I'm keen on these 3 packs.

I have 3 of the origional 3 packs, and I like them, but they look weird with the new head. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Need Some Feedback on DLX Figs
« Reply #66 on: April 2, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Im interested in picking up the Vader and Sidious figs.  Can any openers out there give any feedback?  Plus and minuses? Thanks in advance.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Need Some Feedback on DLX Figs
« Reply #67 on: April 2, 2005, 06:22 PM »
I bought the Sidious only because he's most represented in that outfit in the movie with his hood up.

One down side...there is a spring in the figure which makes his face stay as "Good"  I kind of forced it to stay "Bad" and it looks pretty neat.  Its basically a pepper shaker though.  Its neat, but probably not $10 neat :P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 2, 2005, 06:57 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Anyone have the AT-RT and have any thoughts.  The Barc Trooper IMO was a wasted $15 and sucks the big one. 
« Last Edit: April 2, 2005, 07:00 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 2, 2005, 09:29 PM »
I like the AT-RT, although I haven't bothered with the walking feature yet.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 2, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I don't think we saw the AT-RT up here at all.  ANd I picked up the BARC trooper, but only because it was incorrectly priced and ergo on sale. 

Scott, do you have to press the button to get the Sidious face?  That would suck.  I wanted that figure, but passed for now.  Only picked up the Ani/Vader on principle.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: April 2, 2005, 10:11 PM »
Yeah there is like a lever in the back.  Its sort of cool, but again not $10 cool.  I should have waited for clearance.

Oh, and the wrists light up for Sith Lightning.  I was hoping it was a wheel instead of a lever/spring.  It would have been a lot nicer :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 2, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Hmm, yeah.  I saw the button and it didn't quite connect in my mind, but I guess it is pressed to get the other face.  You're right, a wheel would have been better.   :-\  No rush on this I suppose. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: April 2, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Yeah there is like a lever in the back.  Its sort of cool, but again not $10 cool.  I should have waited for clearance.

Oh, and the wrists light up for Sith Lightning.  I was hoping it was a wheel instead of a lever/spring.  It would have been a lot nicer :-\

I guess the other option is the Palpatine #35.  That is similar without the hood.  I tried pulling the hood and sash off the front but it isn't moving. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 4, 2005, 09:53 AM »
The AT-RT is nice - the walking feature could be better, but it's still neat. I am really pleased with all of the small vehicles - mostly 'cause they come with a "pilot/driver" figure so there's no question about displaying the piece. (for AOTC it annoyed me to no end that there wasn't an Anakin & Obi-wan that would fit in that yellow speeder!)

I had already grabbed the Anakin/Vader, Grevious and Obi-Wan/SuperBattleDroid deluxe figures so all I needed on Friday night was the Deluxe Sidious - that figure is GREAT - a lot of fun to just tinker with. I really think this figure got a really bad rap based on the pictures.

True, it doesn't STAY in the "Evil" mode, but that can be rigged I suppose - you don't want it to stay that way anyway 'cause the batteries will eventually die.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!